Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Would You Have Preferred...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Oh here we go again. I'm one of these "CODfags" and I despise AH, so let's stop throwing everyone in the same basket, okay? :V

Lol, I don't mind COD, its just so annoying that a great franchise has to be sacrificed in order to please the shoot-aholics

austin864

austin864

*becomes most popular EDM artist, still complains*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Eh, I've said it many times, might as well restate my theory that the reason why Strangereal was created was because it allowed the story writers to write practically anything they wanted and it would work. As said Evil Romanians is one of those things that while its equivalent would work in Strangereal, it just doesn't work for proper storytelling when it's our world. We know Romanians not only won't, but can't do anything like they did in JA, making the storyline so unbelievable that you feel completely disconnected when you play the game. AH was an attempt to cash in on the latest "modern-era cold war turned hot" fantasy that's plaguing game storylines lately and I personally couldn't find a single thing about the story that interested me.

You can hire the best military fiction writer in the world, but you'd never have the same kind of freedom to make any story as you can with Strangereal. Never did I think a flight game would keep me interested for its story but Ace Combat (pre-JA) sure did. Damn shame they lost sight of that.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Eh, I've said it many times, might as well restate my theory that the reason why Strangereal was created was because it allowed the story writers to write practically anything they wanted and it would work. As said Evil Romanians is one of those things that while its equivalent would work in Strangereal, it just doesn't work for proper storytelling when it's our world. We know Romanians not only won't, but can't do anything like they did in JA, making the storyline so unbelievable that you feel completely disconnected when you play the game. AH was an attempt to cash in on the latest "modern-era cold war turned hot" fantasy that's plaguing game storylines lately and I personally couldn't find a single thing about the story that interested me.

You can hire the best military fiction writer in the world, but you'd never have the same kind of freedom to make any story as you can with Strangereal. Never did I think a flight game would keep me interested for its story but Ace Combat (pre-JA) sure did. Damn shame they lost sight of that.

Got it spot on! that's exactly how I feel!

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Ah... Ace Combat Skies... long time no post.

Shame, really. I have returned my PS3, and my PSP is outdated and retired. My era of playing AC has ended :(

But anyways, --

I would have prefered console quality graphics for the PSP AC games.. it wouldve made it more fun, but the processor in the PSP just can't handle it...

on a side note, anyone here play GOF2? or Metalstorm on iOS? I use my iPhone to play air combat games now... *sigh :(

Send me a Game Center request @ Garuda168 if you want to.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
how could you abandon ussss noooooo