Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Favorite SP Weapon

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite SP Weapon (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Air-to-Air

1. 4AAM (6 votes [16.22%])

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

2. 6AAM (11 votes [29.73%])

Percentage of vote: 29.73%

3. MGP (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

4. SAAM (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

5. QAAM (15 votes [40.54%])

Percentage of vote: 40.54%

Air-to-Ground

1. 4AGM (12 votes [32.43%])

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

2. BDM (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

3. GPB (5 votes [13.51%])

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

4. LAGM (10 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

5. MGP (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. RKTL (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

7. UGB (7 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

How often do you use ECM?

1. Not at all (16 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

2. A little (16 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

3. A lot (4 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

4. All the time (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

EAGLEHEART032

EAGLEHEART032

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Squad:REDEMPTION SQUADRON
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle
4AAM if properly used no plane will not fall. :P

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A
1. 6AAM due to... Yeah.
2. 4AGM.Pretty easy to use and effective as well
3. Whenever I get F/A-18F or F-16E to fly
4. Hit and runs with 6AAMs and 4AGMs

Hat

Hat

nyoom~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts
  • Squad:8.5AD
  • Plane:CH-47D Chinook

1. MGP

1. MGP

3. Never because MGP.

4. WHAT'S THAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG

Typhoon7

Typhoon7

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Squad:Looking
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

Well here I go.

• What is your preferred weapon for Air-to-Air combat? 6AAM
  • What is your preferred weapon for Air-to-Ground combat? LAGM/LASM
  • How often do you use ECM? A lot.
  • What is your flying style like with each of the weapons you picked?
    With 6AAM loads I always like to fly high and nose dive on full brakes above a fur ball and lock everyone up like the bastard I am in Deathmacth.
    I'm Capital and Conquest I do something similar but from high and behind the enemy attackers. Enhanced Missiles, Extra Missiles, Boost and Turn, and Quick Assualt. 
    With LAGMs... Well, stand off range attacks. xD Hang back and low, and fire off. Or go high and nose dive attack. It confuses enemies seeing you on radar but not near them. Same skills as above, but quick assualt is traded for Enhanced Missiles+.
    When I want to use ECM, I'll go all out and bring the Su-24 to the party. I got a whole set dedicated to ECM. Enhanced, Increased Payload, Increased Range, everything you need to blank the enemies radar and jam missile tracking. To the point if someone else is doing the same on the other team you see a yellow overlap on the radar.

While I prefer 6AAM as my main anti air weapon, when I'm using the F/A-18F or Phantom, I use SAAMs instead and pick off the higher teir aircraft I see before flying into the dogfight.
    Second choice Air to Ground is UGB. Well... Yeah, I favour dive bombing alot. I dive bomb with the Tomcat and free fire my 6AAM load into enemy HQ carriers. It works.

EDIT: I forgot to add a few details. Besides sitting at range and firing off 6AAM loads, i like to hold open the throttle and follow my 6AAM load in and latch onto someone whos busy trying to evade. 
    As well as free firing 6AAM loads into the enemy HQ, I do the same with semi actives with the Phantom or Hornet.

Also, I've gotten really relly good with the Phantoms 20mm. One Tokyo CC I can truley lay claim to destroying 3 CFA-44s with just guns. Well... they had light armour, but still, guns only victory since I was out of missiles. :P

Edited by Typhoon7, 27 April 2013 - 08:23 AM.

Solowing-118

Solowing-118

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Squad:Solo
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle

my favorite air to air is balanced between Qaam/SAAM

With Qaam i perfer close ranged frontal assault

Saams ill moreso stay out of sight, using the ground SAM to give players a false sense of security thinking just a NPC SAM is coming their way

alphazoid

alphazoid

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Squad:Looking
  • Plane:CFA-44 Nosferatu

As stupid as this looks, this is actually a very in-depth poll. Should you choose to do so, please answer the following questions:

• What is your preferred weapon for Air-to-Air combat?
  • What is your preferred weapon for Air-to-Ground combat?
  • How often do you use ECM?
  • What is your flying style like with each of the weapons you picked? (include the use of skills if applicable)

1. 4AAM

2. BDM (this is bomblet dispenser, right?)

3. Not at all. I just don't get it.

4. I take out the air units covering the ground units with my 4AAM, then line up my shots just right and take out lines of ground units with the BDM.

SkyEye MCCIX

SkyEye MCCIX

Rookie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Squad:Anyone with a plane is my squad.
  • Plane:R-201 Asterozoa
I use my guns a LOT more than anyone else I've seen. I will always go with the MGP for any air-to-air fight, but, I use the Rocket Launcher more for air-to-ground, simply because it is basically an upgraded, long-range, UGB-launching, hell of an annihilator version of the cannon. While everyone is out complaining that the RCL is underpowered/useless, I'm over there using it as a long-range air-to-ground machine gun, and I get many kills. Each rocket fired from the RKTL actually does as much damage as a MSSL, and has an explosion range. When all the rockets slap a single target's ass, that target will die before they can say "What are those shiny things heading for me?". Better than any bomb for me.

Favorite A2A weapon; MGP
Favorite A2G weapon; MGP/RKTL
I use the ECM quite a lot, when I'm not busy with the MGP and RKTL. It basically makes you untraceable to enemy missiles for a few seconds, missile invincibility.
I usually find my target, head for them, pull up, then dive bomb them with 20-30mm carnage. If I choose the Rocket Launcher, then I do the same thing, but usually at a much higher altitude or speed. When in an air fight, I get close, fire some missiles (to make them maneuver enough so that i can get close), then let loose some more 20-30mm flying knives and kill them.

Totally sucks when the camera all of a sudden decides to ruin my aim and focus by randomly choosing to focus on some random explosion fifty million miles away. I usually don't use DFM or ASM, they are for noobs. Except for enemy aces, because you need to use DFM for them.

Edited by SkyEye MCCIX, 12 July 2015 - 11:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users