Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Favorite SP Weapon

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite SP Weapon (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Air-to-Air

1. 4AAM (6 votes [16.22%])

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

2. 6AAM (11 votes [29.73%])

Percentage of vote: 29.73%

3. MGP (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

4. SAAM (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

5. QAAM (15 votes [40.54%])

Percentage of vote: 40.54%

Air-to-Ground

1. 4AGM (12 votes [32.43%])

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

2. BDM (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

3. GPB (5 votes [13.51%])

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

4. LAGM (10 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

5. MGP (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. RKTL (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

7. UGB (7 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

How often do you use ECM?

1. Not at all (16 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

2. A little (16 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

3. A lot (4 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

4. All the time (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
As stupid as this looks, this is actually a very in-depth poll. Should you choose to do so, please answer the following questions:
  • What is your preferred weapon for Air-to-Air combat?
  • What is your preferred weapon for Air-to-Ground combat?
  • How often do you use ECM?
  • What is your flying style like with each of the weapons you picked? (include the use of skills if applicable)
I'm just curious about your own flying styles that I want to compare them to my own. I look forward to seeing what comes in here.

My preferred Air-to-Air weapon is 4AAMs, and my preferred Air-to-Ground weapon is 4AGMs. I only use ECMs when I have to fill in the roll of both fighter and attacker because no one will take either role seriously. With these weapons, my Fighter style is a little slower than most fighting techniques I've seen, but it usually kills an opponent on the first run without him being able to counter effectively. This can change depending on how much the room is lagging, or whether or not my target is using Burst. I usually send out a flurry of 4AAMs to get my opponent to use his flares. Sometimes, even his flares won't work, and one or two of those missiles will kill him depending on his aircraft strength. But in case those don't work, I fire off a single standard missile charged by Double Assault, meaning a direct hit will cause a kill. This has been the most effective for me, and I've come out with a kill more often than not. My Attacker style is similar to total annihilation. Before I attack an HQ, I always, ALWAYS take out any and all AA guns and SAMs in my way. Sure, it's slow, and dangerous, and it does have a negative effect on my K/D ratio, but by the time I'm able to make a second stab at the HQ, there will be nothing but fighters between me and it, and I usually leave those to my wingmen when I have them. After that, I just spam 4AGMs and standard missiles until the HQ is destroyed.

HeavyArrow

HeavyArrow

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Squad:Spectre
  • Plane:A-6E Intruder

As stupid as this looks, this is actually a very in-depth poll. Should you choose to do so, please answer the following questions:

• What is your flying style like with each of the weapons you picked? (include the use of skills if applicable)

1. Air to air combat is always QAAM.
2. Air-to-Ground is LAGM.
3. I hardly ever use ECM. I don't have a skillset for it, and the only times I'll use it is if the situation is dire. Otherwise I leave it to people who actually know how to use it.
4. Flying style?
Combination of Ambush, shoot and scoot, and close quarters. Ambush because many people never know what hit them after I shoot them down quickly. Stealth is a wonderful perk, and not many people are looking for a MiG-29 that can keep up with Su-35s. (The Su-35S is an actual designation as well.) Also attacking from high altitude (10,000+ feet) is good, not many people look for high altitude fighters. Shoot and scoot means that I lock onto a target, and fire a QAAM, then move to another target. It's fun to fire off Standards at people and watch them panic flare.That was tactic that I used when I used to use 6AAMs primarily. Close-quarters means exactly what it sounds like. I enjoy getting in people's faces, especially 6AAMers. If there are 6AAMers in a match, I will literally get up in their face, and launch a missile from an extremely short distance, giving them little to no warning. I don't like using 6AAMs, and I'll use 4AAMs on occasion. Never liked getting multiple kills with a weapon that barely takes any skill to use. I have another tactic for people I don't like, and it also applies to people who lag as well, though I won't go into it. I primarily use it for only one person. People normally do not survive a single hit by my QAAMs, and they often hit with little warning.
Now for the air-to-ground combat it is much more demanding. Flying a highly maneuverable F-2 (With skillsets of course, and even without them) at low level and at high speed is rather tough (Not to mention on the airframe as well, my airplane would be in multiple pieces of Ace Combat had a realistic damage engine in it.) I primarily use LAGMs because they have a long reach, quite useful for picking off those annoying SAMs from a distance without being worried of being tagged by one. It's fun taking fighters who think DFMing attackers is an easy kill on a wild goose chase at low level inbetween buildings. I have met only a few who are willing to follow inbetween the many buildings of Miami and Dubai. I also enjoy using LAGMs because of the wide area of impact and explosive power. Using a combination of Standards and LAGMs, taking out all of the AA guns, SAMs, and ships in the Washington CC map in one go is a common occurrence.

Edited by HeavyArrow, 27 September 2012 - 09:26 AM.

obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Plane:Su-47 Firkin
For single player?

1. 6AAM. Most enemies in SP are idiots, so it doesn't matter that tracking is a little wonky at times.
2. 4AGM. I don't have a good reason why, I just think it looks cooler.
3. A little. I prefer having more weaponry for SP.
4. This is a very detailed question...

Skills:

While I only had it unlocked for a few days before my PS3 died (haven't got around to grinding for it again), Homing Missiles was nice. I also load Extra Armour (I'd bring Defender or something if I could be bothered paying for it) and Enhanced Missiles. I have a selection of sets for different things. If I'm having an off day, I'll sometimes bring a set I normally reserve for annoying targets in MP - Auto-Maneuver and stacked MG upgrades. Get into DFM, burst-fire MGs, then automatically counter-counter when they try to get behind me. It's basically a counter-trolling set for MP, but I use it to troll the AI occasionally as well. I run high-mobility planes as a preference (Shnden II is my favourite), and Quick Turn (or QT+) is on most of my loadouts - hardly ever need a high-G turn playing offline... or online for that matter. Always bring EDFM+ when I'm not running ground attack.

Playstyle:

Usually, just sit back and spam 6AAMs at anything that moves, then get in close to rip apart the ones that don't stop after a few volleys. It's not a hard game. Except when it cheats (Markov). Even then, it's more annoying than hard.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Squad:54th TFS 'Spectre'
  • Plane:F-15 ACTIVE

1. QAAMs.
2. GPBs.
3. Sometimes if I feel like giving my team some nice support that isnt air cover or insta-gamewinning. I have a set for it, but I will not share, suckers :P

4-1. Keep the throttle wide open, turn sharp enough that IRL the wings would shear off, and kill quickly enough people never want to engage me. Oh, and avoid being DFMed at all, because my defensive DFM ability is much below my offense, so I try to avoid being killed by taking out aggressors before they can get on my six. Running a one-two punch strategy, if flying my S/MTD, where I either nail them with a QAAM and then a Standard, or hit them with a QAAM and catch the inevitable counter to gun them down midway through it. If in a fighter, it becomes a case of just get that one QAAM to hit at all costs. I try to stay near my attackers, although I am prone to buggering off and just casually hunting down everyone within missile range. Current skills are- Boost and Turn, Quick Turn+, Enh. Missiles+, Quick Assault+, Homing Missiles and Enh. DFM+.

4-2. You know this tactic, Dusky, after that one CC you were a bit stunned by. I take the Su-34, slap Quick Charge, Enh. Bombs, Enh Bombs+, Defender, Global ASM and something else I forget onto it. Fly to the enemy HQ, bypassing the transmission tower to buy myself some time before they twig wtf is about to happen. Global ASM the targets around their HQ, and rain guided bombs onto the HQ, albeit dumbfired. 4 bombs blows up a HQ building, and on Carrier HQs ie Tokyo and DC, one run can kill the HQ when executed correctly. It isnt exactly a fair tactic but hey, it works for me and it serves them right for not watching their HQ.

Necron 1

Necron 1

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Squad:FEAF
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E
I like how people pretend QAAMs take finesse, like the people in AC6 who spammed them and gloated about the kills they got.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

I like how people pretend QAAMs take finesse, like the people in AC6 who spammed them and gloated about the kills they got.

Takes more finesse than sitting there chucking out 6AAMs :P that said it aint like AH was even made for anything resembling finesse, 'cause DFM.

Necron 1

Necron 1

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

'cause DFM.

...touché.

Chimera 1 (The Hellion)

Chimera 1 (The Hellion)

Gravaged

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
4AAM, because it reminds me of Ace Combat of old. I like the 4AGMs because I can kill more things on the ground. I try not to use ECM, cuz it kinda makes things too easy at times. Overall, I'm a multirole high-flying, ground-pounding killing machine.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

AC6 and ACAH are two COMPLETELY different things. QAAMs have definitely been watered down since the days of AC6.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767
1) 4 AM
2) Lag'em
3) I usually ask myself why my flares aren't deploying. I find out just before the missile hits me that I used them all already.
4) Decrease speed. Firefirefirefirefirefirefirefirefire. DFM'd? Fly like I'm drunk.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

1. I like em all, but if I really had to choose I'd say mgp. The manual aim and look of how it destroys others is why.
2. BOOOOOOOOMMMBS, BIG BOOM GOOD. I also on occasion use the same tactic as reaper.
3. Well if I'm bored and there's 6aam spammers about I usually trot on over to them on spam it by them.

4. For me it's like this

See that guy you just targeted onto?
Yeah.
Is he your squadmate?
No/yes
(If yes) Is the squad non- aggression treaty off
No
(No is answer) Switch targets ( If yes go to answer with a star beside it)
Do you have xmaas/ xlaas and are there others around em.
Yes/No*
*Follow and shoot em.
( If yes to xmaa/xlaa) Follow and shoot em all

As for bombing

See that target?
Ya
Bomb it.
Okey

blah blah

blah blah

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Squad:77th TFS Shadow Dolphin Squadron
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
1. QAAM
2. LAGM
3. Never, mainly because I find it useless
4. Fly Low and fast, throttle boost and quick turn are helpful here. I mainly play capital conquest, and I try to cap the bases before going for the radar. LAGMs are good for this IMO.

EDIT: I also love to launch 1 standard missile at an opponent, wait for them to flare and the launch a QAAM at them, and they have almost no defense from it (their flare is reloading, remember)

Edited by blah blah, 28 September 2012 - 02:20 AM.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

AC6 and ACAH are two COMPLETELY different things. QAAMs have definitely been watered down since the days of AC6.

Whack Homing Missiles and Long Range Missiles on them and they almost become 04-overpowered.

....Which just adds to the fun if you ask me ;)

1. I like em all, but if I really had to choose I'd say mgp. The manual aim and look of how it destroys others is why.
2. BOOOOOOOOMMMBS, BIG BOOM GOOD. I also on occasion use the same tactic as reaper.
3. Well if I'm bored and there's 6aam spammers about I usually trot on over to them on spam it by them.

4. For me it's like this

See that guy you just targeted onto?
Yeah.
Is he your squadmate?
No/yes
(If yes) Is the squad non- aggression treaty off
No
(No is answer) Switch targets ( If yes go to answer with a star beside it)
Do you have xmaas/ xlaas and are there others around em.
Yes/No*
*Follow and shoot em.
( If yes to xmaa/xlaa) Follow and shoot em all

As for bombing

See that target?
Ya
Bomb it.
Okey

You good sir epitomise the type who plays for the sheer lulz. Still glad you are on the team :lol:

Edited by ReaperKallina, 27 September 2012 - 06:56 PM.

kuroi

kuroi

Clockup Flowers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Squad:SMS
  • Plane:T-50 PAK-FA
1- QAAM
2- LAGM
3- A little
4-

QAAM- DFM someone, kill quickly, move on to next target to quickly kill.
LAGM- Kill radar station or the initial targets. Then rush for a spawn point near the enemy HQ, destroy that, then I'll probably missile spam like crazy on the HQ
ECM- Spam ECM nearby on HQ/Radar station to stall for time for attacking forces or fly around in circles around the enemy helicopter jamming their AAMs so they can't properly defend

Edited by X10A Freedom, 27 September 2012 - 07:06 PM.

Necron 1

Necron 1

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Sure, if you use them from outside DFM, but pretty much every missile besides the not-so-long-range multiple missiles acts differently from the previous games. Regular missiles have even worse tracking than they did in AC5.

Now in DFM, QAAMs are a "push O to win" weapon, you don't even have to aim them.

Red beryl

Red beryl

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon
1. 6AAM would be mine.

2. 4AGM, it has been that since "Ace Combat 6."

3. Any use I make of it is seldom.

4. I believe I had damage increase on my missiles, in addition to extra armor. I normally lock on from afar fire my 6AAM at enemies and close in while suppressing with spaced basic missile shots. If that fails and I am close, I normally engaged DFM, if not it being initiated on me.

Edited by Red beryl, 28 September 2012 - 01:54 AM.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Sure, if you use them from outside DFM, but pretty much every missile besides the not-so-long-range multiple missiles acts differently from the previous games. Regular missiles have even worse tracking than they did in AC5.

Now in DFM, QAAMs are a "push O to win" weapon, you don't even have to aim them.

You have no idea how untrue that is. Unless you catch someone within the first four seconds, then half the time they will get flared off or someone will make them miss by turning that little bit too sharply. While yes they are one shot kills with Enh Missiles/EnhM+ on fighters, us multirole users need a second shot because of how they balanced missile damage

HeavyArrow

HeavyArrow

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Squad:Spectre
  • Plane:A-6E Intruder

Actually, I've had Standards fly off the rail and chase after enemy targets for up to 10+ seconds, and they normally hit them. That normally happens when I'm in my F-2A. Never really had it happen in any other aircraft.

As for Push O to win. That is entirely untrue. Like Reaper said, if you maneuver right away, and hard enough, chances are the missile will overshoot. Of course, if I fire a missile off to the side, there's a slight chance that the missile will circle around and come back and hit them smack in the tail.
Most of my kills are gained out of DFM, though a good portion of them occur within the first 4 seconds after DFM has been initiated. I primarily fly the MiG-29A Fulcrum, so it's normally a single shot. Attackers it takes two Standards to destroy enemy aircraft, though you should be firing two missiles at any player controlled aircraft in multiplayer, no matter the situation.

I'd use the gun, but the gun has been so downgraded since 6, using it in a fight is kinda useless. You can't pull lead with the gun and have the enemy fly into them like in 04-6. That was my favorite part about the older Ace Combat games, that you had to become pretty decent with the gun to do well on some of the higher difficulties.

Edited by HeavyArrow, 30 September 2012 - 12:56 AM.

Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

CAN'T DED THE FISHBED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Squad:The Friendship Squad
  • Plane:F-4G Wild Weasel
MGP, RKTL, jammer Hornet sometimes, my style is hilarity.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

MGP, RKTL, jammer Hornet sometimes, my style is hilarity.

That's..... detailedPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users