Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Narrator's Orphaning Really Disturbed Me

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

Georgia Ace

Georgia Ace

New and improved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

I'm still not seeing the "deep" in the AC5 plot. Defeated country wants revenge, makes Totally-not-russia fight Totally-not-the-USA fight each other and everyone teams up to save the day.

I'm still convinced the story writers of AC5 were inspired by Tom Clancy's The Sum of All fears. The similarities are STRONG especially with the movie version, if you replace Jack Ryan with Wardog squadron.

Bean

Bean

Just go forward in all your beliefs...

• Members
  • 5,833 posts
That's sort of the nature of it? Combat operations over civilian population centers are full of hazards to the population, even if every precaution is taken.

You almost certainly killed civilians with debris over November City in AC5 considering how many aircraft were destroyed. And both AC04 (in the first mission and over San Salvacian) and ACZ (numerous times) see the use of WWII style deliberate terror bombing of civilian population centers.

4 is a little sterile when it comes to civilians, it doesn't often mention what's happening to them. It also will hint rather than saying it, like when it mentions the Eruisan AAA crews strafing the town to shoot down allied aircraft, it means they were hitting civilians.

5 outright tries to clean war up a bit compared to 0, but in all three games you're aware civilians are being killed, as in any war.