Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

54th TFS "Spectre"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Greetings all. Now, some of you might have noticed the name "Spectre" in the Squad sections of a few posters here, and wondered who the heck we are. If you have not, well, no matter, because I shall explain regardless.

The Squadron's formation

Initially, the squadron started as a two man team, formed by myself, ReaperKallina, and HeavyArrow, after finding we worked very well together. Now admittedly at this time we had no plans to form an official squadron, as a team seemed quite ample for the time being. Skip a month or two ahead, and we bumped into a player, talisman853. Impressed by his skills at the game, and vice versa, we decided to extend an invite to the team, making it a three man flight squad. Once again we skip ahead a few weeks, and a newbie by the name of M1A2_MBT is soon inducted into the flight, showing great potential as a player and being a good laugh to talk to besides. It was at this point we decided to begin calling it a squadron, as calling it a team was not that fitting by now. Our fifth member, ekirbo, was actually first met by me and HeavyArrow, to some rather bad blood, a few smart remarks by kirbo initially making us think of him as arrogant and unable to back up the talk. As fate would have it though, we eventually started to get on, and nicked him from another unofficial squadron to join ours, making him our second flight lead in the process. Members six and seven, killsport2k and Snakebittin, were invited soon after each other, as we noted a need for exemplary ground attackers in our currently fighter-biased squadron. Killsport was selected simply because of his efficiency, able to take a HQ all by himself with little backup if needbe. Snake got our attention with his tactics, able to slip behind enemy lines and kill HQs even without the transmission base active. And thus we are seven strong to this day, an almost unstoppable force when everyone is at their best.

The roster

Flight 1- Air superiority flight.

Spectre 1- ReaperKallina.
Spectre 2- HeavyArrow.
Spectre 3- talisman853 (Currently on leave of absence)
Spectre 4- M1A2_MBT

Flight 2- Ground assault flight

Spectre 5- Ekirbo
Spectre 6- Killsport2k
Spectre 7- Snakebittin.
Spectre 8- sluggo5

Do note, however, that we can all switch roles if needbe. The ground attack flight are able dogfighters, as the air cover flight are just as able ground attackers.

Chain of Command
While I may be Squadron leader, there is no real chain of command per se. Members are free to make suggestions about damn near anything as and when they wish without getting shouted at. If a game plan is in place, however, it would be nice if you stuck to it. We work best when the whole unit is working as one.

Why should someone want to join?

As a squadron, we play regular matches as hosted by M1A2, since he has the most stable connection as a host out of all of us. We also love a good laugh, indeed, most mic chatter is just us taking the piss out of each other. Win or lose the matches tend to be fun regardless, and we also have a policy of avoiding shooting other members down when on enemy teams unless previously cleared to do so. This stems from the fact that getting shot down constantly by wingmates really is not fun, and can lead to frayed nerves and flared tempers quite quickly. Our matches are also hosted with Comp 8 enabled most of the time, meaning all aircraft are on offer.

Aircraft wise, we really do not care what you fly, as long as you can use it effectively, as there is no "official" aircraft of the squadron.

With regards to tactics, we are quite willing to share tips and whatnot, if it helps you become a better player. The only tactics we frown upon are groundpounding, extreme tanking and constant 6AAMing, as these take little ability to pull off and are also little use to a team. Not to say we hate 6AAMs altogether, as a well timed shot can save a match. Just those who do nothing BUT fire them.

Kill to death ratios matter little, just that you can hold your own and are not reliant on there being someone to save you all the time. Rookies are welcome, despite our previous elitism, simply because we can train you up if need be. As previously mentioned, M1 used to be a total rookie a few months ago, now he is somewhat of a force to be reckoned with, and he still has room for improvement like all of us. Who knows, a new member could bring tips for US, since we are always open to ideas.

Overall you can expect a lively squadron with fairly regular matches, voice chat, a rather crude sense of humour, but well co-ordinated in battle and quick to respond to calls for support.

What we would like from a newbie.

A microphone would be most useful, as we communicate almost exclusively in matches using them. It is certainly easier than via private message, and ingame can save your hide if you get attacked.
A sense of humour is a MUST. We are almost constantly poking fun at each other, so you need to be able to take a joke. Being somewhat mature is also helpful, as our remarks can be very crude sometimes.
English being our language, anyone new must be able to speak it.
PS3 only, people. Do not bother applying if you have an XBox 360.
Rookies only- a basic understanding of the game mechanics would be nice, as well as a willingness to find a high rank and a low rank jet you like the most. This is so you have something to use well when high ranks are disabled.
Experienced applicants only- the versatility to switch between aircraft as needed, and a more thorough understanding of the game, such as how missile damage varies between aircraft and how to exploit every opportunity presented to you as best you can.
Adaptability. Taking on new tactics and skillsets is the best way to stay one step ahead. Never get complacent and always evolve your skills to match those of your opponents.
But above all else, the ability to just enjoy yourself. The players who have the most fun are not always the most skilled or deadly on the battlefield.

How to apply.

We need a fairly straightforward set of info to bring you through to the trialing stage, just answer the following in a post.

PSN ID:
Name we should call you by (whether it be your IRL or a version of your ID does not matter) :
Nationality:
Preferred role and aircraft (ie, ground attack, air cover, ECM, etc) :
Have you had any previous AC experience?
If so, which games?
How long have you played Assault Horizon for, roughly?
How much of it was online time? Again, a rough guess will do.
Have you been a member of a squadron before?
If so, which?
What exactly made you want to join this specific squadron? Be honest, please.

If we find the above to be alright and in order, we will trial you for a bit in our regular CC games, see how you play. If you make the grade, you're in, and we will help teach anything you have yet to know. We would like you to be active as much as possible, and warn us prior to any periods of inactivity. Failure to do so for absences longer than a week will see you struck off of the roster.

To clarify, we are recruiting for position 8 on the squadron, preferably a ground attacker who can dogfight if needbe. The #3 slot on flight 1 may be opened as a reserve slot, it depends on how long talisman will be away from the game. In the future we may open another flight or two, it depends on interest.

Edited by ReaperKallina, 03 October 2012 - 10:27 AM.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
Woah that's a lot of questions.
Anyways, we also have a private text chat (currently 99% used by me) in case you don't have a mic. Course you gotta get accepted first.
Oh some of us also play killzone 3

HeavyArrow

HeavyArrow

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Not to mention we sometimes have a private match were we work on our low level flying and maneuvering. Other times to mess around, such as trying to bomb each other.

Scary thought if we got everyone in the squadron to get on KZ3, talk about domination.

Also, it does appear that I can post again on the forums. Awwwwyeah, more military knowledge.

Edited by HeavyArrow, 30 August 2012 - 10:43 PM.

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts
Hmm, cool - a clan on the PS3!

Galm118

Galm118

That guy

• Members
  • 5,952 posts

Hmm, cool - a clan on the PS3!

I remember there was an awesome PS3 clan that used to be hella active... The hell was their name... Oh yeah *snaps* the FEAF! Wish they were still around. :/

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

I remember there was an awesome PS3 clan that used to be hella active... The hell was their name... Oh yeah *snaps* the FEAF! Wish they were still around. :/

You know galm if ye ever wanna join you're welcome to. Despite our application list we're actually really lax, your awesome fun to play with too so you'd get in pretty effortlessly.

Edited by ekirbo, 07 September 2012 - 05:25 PM.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

You know galm if ye ever wanna join you're welcome to. Despite our application list we're actually really lax, your awesome fun to play with too so you'd get in pretty effortlessly.

+1. The list is just so we can get an idea of who we are recruiting, whether they are a newbie or not, and how likely they are to lag etc etc.

Also, I am CONSIDERING accepting squadron challenges, although due to one member being away on leave, and until the 8th slot is filled, it is gonna have to be 4v4 at the most. Don't bother asking for 1v1s, unless you have someone independant who will host (I have noticed that the host sometimes seems to be at a disadvantage, since they tend not to lag to anyone else, yet everyone lags rather hard to them, so I figure such a system would be a workaround to an extent.)

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

You know Galm, I just posted a topic in the old forum. Shutting the doors and folding the colors. FEAF is still around though. They just don't play Ace Combat anymore. Quite a few of us doing the Borderlands 2 thing though. Hope your going to be playing with us.

But if you want to join these guys, your free to do so. You've got yourself an honorable discharge along with the rights to create an FEAF based squad in the future if you so desire. You were a senior member so you pretty much can do what you want. Hellbird, Ace Of Hearts, Snipers_End, Remoc and myself. "The 5 Aces".

======

Apologies to the creator of this thread. I tried to reply to Galm via PM, but it wouldn't send. Feel free to delete the reply if you so desire. I can catch him online on the PS3 anytime.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

You know Galm, I just posted a topic in the old forum. Shutting the doors and folding the colors. FEAF is still around though. They just don't play Ace Combat anymore. Quite a few of us doing the Borderlands 2 thing though. Hope your going to be playing with us.

But if you want to join these guys, your free to do so. You've got yourself an honorable discharge along with the rights to create an FEAF based squad in the future if you so desire. You were a senior member so you pretty much can do what you want. Hellbird, Ace Of Hearts, Snipers_End, Remoc and myself. "The 5 Aces".

======

Apologies to the creator of this thread. I tried to reply to Galm via PM, but it wouldn't send. Feel free to delete the reply if you so desire. I can catch him online on the PS3 anytime.

No worries mate, doesnt bother me if one or two posts is off topic ;)

Galm118

Galm118

That guy

• Members
  • 5,952 posts

======

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I'm a FEAFer for life Dub what the hell are you talkin' about?

I appreciate the invite ekirbo but like I said, I'm a FEAFer for life.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

I supposed I oughtta update this at least. We've also expanded onto GT5 and BF3 for the most part, having our own server on the latter. Dusk's already come to say hi a few times, and anyone else with the game is welcome to as well. The rules for said server are:

1. No jetramming. Instant ban if you get caught doing it. If it looked like it could have been an accident, you'll get the benefit of the doubt. Once.

2. No baserapers. Instant ban if you get caught doing it. We do, however, allow base THEFT (ie, stealing the other team's jets and helos), simply because if you can get away with stealing one, someone on the team has slipped up.

3. Play the damn objectives. If you're sitting back waiting for vehicles which are still in use (ie, the attack helos and jets), you're getting booted. Getting blown up in one and waiting for it to respawn is another matter entirely, but we'd still rather you just sucked it up and got back into the fight.

4. Unrestricted in terms of weapon choice. If it's in the game, it's there to be used. No crying because someone got you with a 'cheap' gun (looking at you, ekirbo, with your MK3A1!).

5. We WILL balance teams if a full squad joins and makes it unbalanced. Unbalanced games suck ass. We're also not douchebags who switch the worst players of the team, we'll probably change some middle-rankers over.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
About damn time I was able to get on this site, for some reason I couldn't join in due to a viral site blockin me. Anyways yea bf3 and gt5 are what we do, we actually are almost never on AH due to the IT'S BORIN AS SHIT factor. You may find me on PC playing a certain game from time to time too.