Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ACS Battle Arena

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
222 replies to this topic

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
Will there be a future point at which I may rejoin this, or will I just have to wait until the next one?

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
My plane, my rules, I've taken out Pixy with a F-15C a lot of times, and thats not my best time Posted Image

Edited by Chopper15, 02 September 2012 - 07:06 PM.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Will there be a future point at which I may rejoin this, or will I just have to wait until the next one?

I don't know, Oka. Due to the nature of the Battle Arena System, removing you from it was (relatively) labor-intensive. Adding you back in will be, as well. I'm tempted to hew to the old saw about "Fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice, shame on me."

Do you think you can stick with it and fly the missions on a weekly basis for a prolonged period?

We're not ready for the big leaderboard tourney yet. I want to get a couple more weekly matches in, see how things shake out. Your dropping out in the first match was disappointing, though, to say the least.

However, you have been a good competitor in the past. I am open to giving you another opportunity to compete.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
Well, about how long is this event expected to continue? Depending on when it will be going on, I may or may not be able to be an active competitor in the future.

Thank you for considering me for future re-involvement, regardless.

Ares

Ares

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

My plane, my rules, I've taken out Pixy with a F-15C a lot of times, and thats not my best time Posted Image

I've never focused on speed before, so even though my posted time was 2:31, my best at it was 2:01. So I guess it was no worries for you. :lol: Good run, Chopper.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Well, about how long is this event expected to continue? Depending on when it will be going on, I may or may not be able to be an active competitor in the future.

Thank you for considering me for future re-involvement, regardless.

I hope for it to be ongoing, as long as there are participants. As I've said, these first few weeks are to shake out the bugs and set everyone's expectations as to how things will operate. The Battle Arena System is designed to be open-ended and expandible in terms of the number of participants and the frequency of matches.

The first leaderboard contest, with prizes, is expected to last anywhere from 5 to 10 weeks, and will start, when announced, with a blank leaderboard...everyone starts out equal.

Cash prizes will be available. I also have some nifty little vials of gold, silver and palladium leaf that I may make available for prizes. These are novelties only and will carry little significant monetary value. I hope that, if we can show a continuing interest and participation by enough members, perhaps our Community Contact with Namdai can convince them to come up with addditional incentives.

Online Ace Combat does not seem to have been as widespread a draw as hoped, after the first few months after the release of both AC-6 and AC-AH. Flawed flight physics and the move away from Strangereal has, IMO, hurt the franchise more than the ACES team realizes.

Interest in the Legacy titles, however, is growing and we hope that maybe a re-release of the PS2 titles will be done, with updated graphics and possibly added features, for both PS3 and XBox360. Wouldn't that be something?

If we can show a consistent and continuing usage of the Legacy titles, maybe it will happen. Posted Image

ACS Battle Arena Matches - Week 2

Hornet – AC-X – Tomcat – 9A (Blitz)

Round Table’s Knight – AC-Z – Delta – 18M (Zero)

Lamaboy85 – AC-04 – PositronCannon – 7 (Deep Strike)

Broth3r – AC-JA – Joeyski – 13 (Cyclops Slayer)

Chopper15 – AC-04 – ChaosDynasty – 15 (Emancipation)

Ares – bye

Screenshots are due NLT (No Later Than) 2359 hrs CST (GMT-6) on September 8th, 2012. PM your screenshots to me before the deadline.

Good Luck to all competitors!

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
I'm a bit confused. ..so do you assign us a mission that we have to go on in multiplayer and is there a specific date we have to play and and finally what do we take a picture of?

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

I'm a bit confused. ..so do you assign us a mission that we have to go on in multiplayer and is there a specific date we have to play and and finally what do we take a picture of?

Since he's assigning people to play single player missions...

Sorry. What competitors do is play the single player mission assigned to them and try to get their highest score over the space of a week. When the deadline comes, they need to provide visual proof of their score.

Edited by Tomcat, 03 September 2012 - 05:47 AM.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Since he's assigning people to play single player missions...

Sorry. What competitors do is play the single player mission assigned to them and try to get their highest score over the space of a week. When the deadline comes, they need to provide visual proof of their score.

Ohhh ok I get it now! thanks :)

Ares

Ares

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
So I'm the one who gets a bye?? Oh well, guess I can use it to get some practice in.

Edit: Sucks, really, cause one of my favorite missions from AC04 is involved this week.

Edited by Ares, 03 September 2012 - 07:39 AM.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

So I'm the one who gets a bye?? Oh well, guess I can use it to get some practice in.

Edit: Sucks, really, cause one of my favorite missions from AC04 is involved this week.

Yeah, that sucks, but you'll be training this week.

BTW, my best is 1'20" with the F-15C.

13, I wanna know if you got surprised by my time, too short or I took so long?

Edited by Chopper15, 03 September 2012 - 04:09 PM.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
Anyway, ACX 9A. I'monit.ogg

Edited by Tomcat, 03 September 2012 - 08:00 PM.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,901 posts
More JJ, more Joey, more JA. Fine by me.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Ohhh ok I get it now! thanks :)

You may want to read the topic from the beginning, since all the information about it was given in the first series of posts.

And Chopper? Yes, indeed, I was surprised by your time. The best of Aquila can do it in under 2 minutes, but under 1'30"? Normally, you only see those times in Zero if you're flying a superplane...

Due to the randomness of the matching system, I doubt you would have gotten that mission anyways.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts

I hope for it to be ongoing, as long as there are participants. As I've said, these first few weeks are to shake out the bugs and set everyone's expectations as to how things will operate. The Battle Arena System is designed to be open-ended and expandible in terms of the number of participants and the frequency of matches.

In that case, assuming the whole thing doesn`t die at some point, I can definitely be a competitor. Later. Not at all in the immediate future.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

And Chopper? Yes, indeed, I was surprised by your time. The best of Aquila can do it in under 2 minutes, but under 1'30"? Normally, you only see those times in Zero if you're flying a superplane...

Or when is your favourite mission in the game, I normally play it trying to break my best time, that's why I've improved my skills in that mission.

Edited by Chopper15, 04 September 2012 - 09:13 AM.

Ares

Ares

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Due to the randomness of the matching system, I doubt you would have gotten that mission anyways.

Probably, but that's the fun thing about randomness: You never know!

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
Question:

I just did a decent run of my designated mission even though it was a practice, thus I didn't get a picture of the debriefing. However, ACX has that current high score listed top when I highlight the mission in the free mission menu. Would you accept an image of the high score on that board if it does eventually turn out to be my best one, or does the evidence have to be on a debrief screen?

The board shows both the score and time of the mission, so it does give the variables requested on the OP.

Edited by Tomcat, 05 September 2012 - 11:43 AM.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Question:

I just did a decent run of my designated mission even though it was a practice, thus I didn't get a picture of the debriefing. However, ACX has that current high score listed top when I highlight the mission in the free mission menu. Would you accept an image of the high score on that board if it does eventually turn out to be my best one, or does the evidence have to be on a debrief screen?

The board shows both the score and time of the mission, so it does give the variables requested on the OP.

No, it does not. Screenshot IDs must contain the ID and the DATE the run was done. Otherwise you could use a screenshot from 2 years ago, when you were playing regularly and getting record scores. We want to know what you can do NOW, not your best ever.

Free Mission does not give the date either. There is no way to prove that it was run yesterday or 6 months ago. There are reasons why things are set up the way they are, born out of bitter experience.

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to do it again.

Good Luck!.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

No, it does not. Screenshot IDs must contain the ID and the DATE the run was done. Otherwise you could use a screenshot from 2 years ago, when you were playing regularly and getting record scores. We want to know what you can do NOW, not your best ever.

Free Mission does not give the date either. There is no way to prove that it was run yesterday or 6 months ago. There are reasons why things are set up the way they are, born out of bitter experience.

Perhaps you might want to mention that in the OP then, rather than leave misleading loopholes like that, no need to attack me over a simple question. But thanks for clarifying anyway.

Edited by Tomcat, 05 September 2012 - 12:08 PM.