Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gravity Front

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ghost01

Ghost01

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18F Super Hornet
Ch 1

August 29th 2015
Gracemerian Air Base
1100 Hours

The world seemed to move in slow motion, then again it was hard to tell when you were stuck in a briefing room. A pen tapped against a table in the darkness. All eyes were on the screen displaying the TAC map. It zoomed in to the East of the base over the sea.

Nothing too serious, in fact this was to be a training exercise for several squadrons of the 8th Division. The 3rd, 10th and 13th were to participate in an air to air training sortie, the hard deck was set at 10,000 feet. Green eyes darted from the screen and then back down to a notepad where fingers gripped around a pen and scribbled.

The 2nd Lieutenant, a young man named Seth Cross glanced to his left at his RIO. 2nd Lieutenant Victoria Stark. She gave him a reassuring smile. Her way of saying they had this in the bag. The three squadrons would be engaging in what was really summed up to as a glorified organized furball. The pilots all stood up, not exactly at once but close enough. They were dismissed and Seth scratched his head.

At the age of 20 Seth was a fairly decent pilot. He had yet to be in a real air to air engagement. He had been in the military for almost two years now, spent his training here in Gracemeria. And after getting his wings was transferred to Vitoze on Khesed Island. He was placed in the 11th Strike Division, placed in the 2nd Tactical Fighter Squadron. He flew as the groups number four. A young man just passing 18 with red hair and blazing green eyes. He was called 'poster boy' for a few months.

This was also where he met his partner, Victoria Stark. She kept her hair short, just at about 13 centimeters. She had deep dark brown eyes and olive skin. More doll than pilot. At least that's what he figured until he got in the air with her. She's a tough SOB.

Time with the "Stampeders" helped hone Seth into the flier he was today. And it also forged a strong bond between Seth and Victoria. Their team work was damn near telepathic and it showed.

Seth was pulled from his trip down memory lane when he felt a thud and the dull pain build in his shoulder. He turned toward Nathan Portman. A 1st Lieutenant in their squadron. He was the number 2 flying off their leads wing. A gracefully aging 29 year old with more reprimands than citations. That aside everyone respected him.

Seth followed the path of his pointing finger toward the door where Victoria stood. Obviously waiting and wanting to get to 'their baby'.

Yes, their baby. The sleek, beautiful, sexy F/A-18F they had the pleasure of ripping the sky up with. They needed to be wheels up in an hour. Easily doable considering they could all clear preflight within fifteen minutes.

"What's with you? You've been zoning out all day." Victoria teased him about his lack of attention. This usually followed with some odd joke about his old lady keeping him up all night.

Odd considering he was single and bunked with two other pilots. "It's nothing, just thinking."

"About what?"

"Nothing, dwelling on the past. You know me," he smirked while placing his notpad into his pocket. "So I take it we'll be landing on this Carrier in case of emergency?"

"Way to change the subject." She held her hand to her brow, shielding her eyes from the sun as they walked across the "iron yard" toward the hanger where the 'KnightHawks' had their planes docked. The Carrier is called Anea's Pride...hell that's a little self centered if you ask me."

"Yeah you would think that wouldn't Ms. Stark?"

"Oh stop it with that Ms. Stark crap," she laughed.

Seth rubbed the back of his neck and walked into the hanger. The two paused looking at their grey F/A-18. The black Hawk on the tail poised with claws angled downward .

"This is going to be a good day," he smiled.

Edited by Ghost01, 02 June 2012 - 12:06 AM.

RazgrizRogue

RazgrizRogue

Scrub McNoob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Squad:Funky Squadron
  • Plane:Ka-25 Hormone
Hmm.... very interesting, please continue......

Ghost01

Ghost01

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts
Wow, semi positive critique lol I'll get more up tomorrow afternoon. Still hammering out my draft.

Ghost01

Ghost01

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts
August 29th 2015
Ocean, South of Gracemeria
1200 Hours

Four Super Hornets flew in formation at 15000 feet. A flight of three F/A-18E's and a single F/A-18F made up the KnightHawks. The 13th was tasked with air interception and air superiority. The incoming Mirrage 2000-5's of the 3rd tactical squadron, 'Mage' were in bound at only 3 miles away and closing fast.

"Lead to Hawk. They're leveled out at 24000 feet. Prime position to come down on us." Hawk one was Thomas LeMas. A 26 year old Captain in the REAF. The man knew his stuff, and Seth had seen the man work...scary stuff. But the boys of Mage were no joke. Extremely agressive and always on the attack.

Despite the fact that the Knighthawks had the advantage no one would say it. Mage had more flight time and overall experience.

"Hey Cross, I got fifty that say the boys from the 10th are going to jump in on the losers side." Jeffery Brompton, Hawk four. He had joined the squadron only a few days ago. This was their first training sortie together, but he had warmed to everyone easily enough.

"I'm not taking that bet."

Victoria laughed as she tracked the flight of Mirage 2000's. "Well you'll have to take it in stride. Contact, 2'o clock high. They're diving down at us."

Seth looked up for a split second before sending his Hornet into a sharp left roll. He didn't hear a tone screaming in his ear so he assumed he wasn't 'dead' just yet.

Victoria lost sight of the rest of the flight, her eyes scanned their six as well as she could, straining against the G's as Seth put their baby into a steep climb up to 16000 feet. She could make out sky tracks, a second pair behind their own. "Seth one on our six, I can't see him!"

"Dammit," he growled as the Hornet groaned in resistance. Seth lowered his air sped and turned inverted only to see a Mirage 2000-5 slowly pull ahead then break off in the other direction.

"Seth SAAM locked onto us, break!"

"What?" His hands moved out of reaction, opening the throttle and finishing his split S. Both Seth and Victoria swivvled around desperately trying to find their target.

Hawk four had a Mirage on his tail, with Hawk Two trailing behind. Hawk one was engaged in his own little aerial dance.

The cascading barrel rolls of the two fighters trying to force the other to overtake. It was an impressive sight, but the warning buzzing in his ear shook Seth loose as he banked to the right.

"Dammit pay attention!"

"Sorry, sorry. Where is he?"

"Look up Lieutenant."

It was then the Seth realized what he was up against. Mage One, John McKnoll. He saw the wizard hat with two thunderbolts crossing behind it, and the stark blue, and white color scheme of the fighter. Seth glared and pulled up into his attacker, hoping to swing in behind him. But just as he did the Mirage was already flying past him. "Be still!" He yelled as the F/A-18F rolled over into a sharp split-S. The high G's pulled at the duo's bodies.

Then that beautiful sound rang in Seth's ears for a split second.

"Sweet tone!"

"Seth didn't need her to say that, he thumbed the trigger, firing a single missile."Fox two!"

John's Mirage quickly pulled up, going full burn, straight up and comming back around in a full loop.

Seth climbed after him, following his targets roll. The powerful F/A18 variant roared as it gave chase. "Your ass is mine old man..." His voice trailed off as he followed the Mirage into its dive.

"Seth he's going to break the hard deck, we won't be able to get him."

"Arming SAAM. I'm not letting him get away." Seth eased back on the throttle and fired the weapon. "Come on!" He struggled to keep his target in the targeting display. At the last second the Mirage 2000 started to pull up. Seth followed, only to hear Victoria's voice in his ears.

"Disengage Cross, we're at 9000. We've broken the harddeck. Let's head for the Henry Carter."

"Damn I almost had him," he grumbled as he set his heading for the Carrier.

"Judging by the chatter it sounds like we're in the lead by one. Its odd though. I would have thought Cerberus flights F-16's would have shown by now."

As if one cue an emergency broadcast broke out. Hard contacts incoming. The 3rd was being recalled to Gracemeria Airforce Base. The 13th was ordered to the carrier.

"Somethings wrong. Them calling us back like this. Are you sure there was no sign of Cerberus?"

"None, they flew out on a different vector and the Henry Carter lost contact with them. Then leakers showed up but they vanished. No telling what's going on. The Carrier scrambled two F-14's to check it out..."

"...this isn't good. Fuel isn't too low," he started.

"Don't even think about it." Thomas cut in on the radio. Go through your Carrier landing checks and prepare to touch down. You're not even packing live ordinance."

"Er right...yes'sir."

(I'll admit, I'm not too happy with this one. I'm rushing, and it shows.)

Ghost01

Ghost01

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts
August 29th 2015
Ocean South of Gracemeria
1400 hours

Seth rubbed the back of his neck. Things were just to crazy to fully grasp. Cerberus dissappeared, leakers being spotted on the charts then vanishing. Oddly everyone wasn't on high alert, which he found quite odd. Sure they weren't at war with anyone but that didn't mean Emmeria wasn't at odds with any other country. He sighed shaking his head as he moved toward his designated briefing room. Seemed the whole wing was getting briefed. And the 13th was now operating from the Henry Carter until further notice.

Anea's Pride was possitioned with the second fleet to the South East. While the Henry Carter and the 3rd Fleet were tasked to their current location in the Gulf of Gracemeria near the Air Base. Seth stopped infront of the door, eyes glancing from left to right as the door opened to the briefing room. He spotted the members of the Knighthawks along with several Navy squadrons. Mage was also in the room, flying F-4G's instead of their usual Mirage-2000's. The Naval unit seemed to comprise of F/A-18 Super Hornets and Growlers, Prowlers...things of the like.

Edited by Ghost01, 15 August 2013 - 02:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users