Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

SAAMS....WTF !?!?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

blindghost

blindghost

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts
SAAMS arnt effective long range i know that. but in DFM they are very fucking effective, thats what i was tring to say, the reticle encompassesthe entre fucking screen man, hes notgoing to miss. and the fucking flares tke too damn long to recharge.

yes those fucking thing are a pain in the ass.

that being said i havnt unlocked all the skills yet,

well see how this story develops.

It's over if you don't know what you're doing, QAAMs with Homing missile, quick charge and Enhanced Missle seem to disagree with your statment.

In short:

After firing a Qaam or Reg missile keep switching between them until the other guy dies.

i need to unlock those skills, havnt unlocked them yet. but theres not enough slots for all that shit dude. its either one or the other i dont know ifi want to sacrafice manuver for power.

Your main problem is that you're complaining about 4AAMs instead of SAAMs in your first point there (bolded). And if you use 6AAMs and fire them into a furball of 3-6 people, you're bound to catch at least one person.

And yes, deal with it.

SAAMs aren't the problem here. DFM is the problem. Anyone can kill in DFM. Not everyone can kill people with SAAMs. And how in the holy fuck can you "pride" yourself in using two of the highest tier fighters in the game, and then claim people that use SAAMs are being cheap?

You people that still play this game are morons when it comes to complaining.
If you want to complain, complain about legitimate things. Like how much DFM holds your hands and lets even the shittiest pilots be on par.

i dont understand what this dfm hate is all about, i mean given the right gameplay elements its actually a plus. it adds a little something extra, before dfm wasnt it all long range missles n shit ??

i didnt play AC6 PS3 owner here. but howwas the online without DFM was it good ??

Don't EVER slow down to counter-maneuver. EVER. It's pure suicide. When you do a counter-maneuver, the person chasing you has the opportunity to perform a counter-counter-maneuver where they fire their machine guns at you and rip your plane apart. That's if you even make it to that point; slowing down for a counter-maneuver will make you a sitting duck for a missile salvo.

Instead, when you're being chased in DFM, I highly suggest you attempt to outrun them. Gain as much speed as you can and turn as much as possible to avoid the missile circle.

not true, you just have to know when to slow down, you have to thorw them off guard and keep your eye on the arrows, do something drastic, when hes tailing u boost. he will follow at full speed thats when you slowdown, dont sit there like a dumbass, it has to to be 3 seconds or less, anylonger and its your ass.

4 and 6 aam's are the easiest to evade, quick turn at the right time and watch them all sore past you. Qaams and saams are the way to go if you want kills. When I'm flying my SU-33 I always dish out saams but I try not to use them outside of DFM.

ya i fucking hate bastards that do that shit lol. its cause of DFM . how can you fucking miss with saams in DFM , you cant ! and add enhanced missles, one shot one kill.

thats what im trying to tell them here but they think i dont know what im talking about.

saams arnt a poblem outside DFM, thats noob shit nyone knows that but during DFM, might a well decelerate and take it in the ass.

SAAMS have such crappy tracking *unlike AC6*that if you're hit with them in this game you're probably just flying straight towards or away from an enemy for longer than 30 seconds.

whats about in dfm ?? they still crappy in DFM ??

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,882 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force/ Funky Squadron
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
Oooooh the DFM SAAMS, yes those are indeed pretty beastly lol

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Squad:173rd TFS "Wyvern"
  • Plane:S-32 Golden Eagle
My original quote was referring to DFM 4-6aam's

Razgriz-Nova-626

Razgriz-Nova-626

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

i need to unlock those skills, havnt unlocked them yet. but theres not enough slots for all that shit dude. its either one or the other i dont know ifi want to sacrafice manuver for power.

...There are six slots...Homing missiles, Quick charge and Enhaced Missiles only take up three leaving the other three open for anything and you're not sacrificing anything...

...The fuck?

ChaosDynasty

ChaosDynasty

Just some random person...ya know?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Squad:BAF
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

...There are six slots...Homing missiles, Quick charge and Enhaced Missiles only take up three leaving the other three open for anything and you're not sacrificing anything...

...The fuck?

Maybe he's referring to these three in addition to the ones he already has set?

Razgriz-Nova-626

Razgriz-Nova-626

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

Maybe he's referring to these three in addition to the ones he already has set?

The three I pointed out are important if you want your missiles to hit and caused heavy to one hit kill damage.

but idk if this guy's trolling or being serious...

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

ded series, ded fanbase, ded ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

i dont understand what this dfm hate is all about, i mean given the right gameplay elements its actually a plus. it adds a little something extra, before dfm wasnt it all long range missles n shit ??

i didnt play AC6 PS3 owner here. but howwas the online without DFM was it good ??

Basically:
AC6: too hard to kill people
AH with DFM: too easy to kill people

AC6 with low-tier planes was okay, since you actually needed to do something more than apply full throttle and turn in any direction to avoid well-placed missiles, plus the lower speeds made guns a valid option. But with high tier planes and competent people, combined with the horrid netcode that caused pseudo-warping for everyone, you had to be a decent SAAMer or just spam QAAMs to the point where lag starts causing weird stuff to happen.
Meanwhile, AH is just a random clusterfrak in any circumstances, and while the netcode does seem significantly better than AC6's (not nearly as much of that warp-y movement), the DFM mechanics' reliance on timing and distance makes lag even more of a factor than in AC6.

TL;DR: both games are broken, it comes down to whether you prefer working (very) hard for your kills (AC6) or just constant kills and deaths (AH).

blindghost

blindghost

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts

The three I pointed out are important if you want your missiles to hit and caused heavy to one hit kill damage.

but idk if this guy's trolling or being serious...

im 27 man i dont troll , im being serious, ya i know i have six slots, but i want to at leat have enough for manueverbility.

enhanced DFM + Quick assault + Enhanced missle + enhanced MG + turn and boost , id say those a pretty important too.

ok a couple of question for you guys since you guys obviously know your shit

1. what is redundant as far as skills EX: boost and turn + quick turn is that redundant ? do i need both or will boost & turn enough ??

2 what is essential to have on your skill list as far as balance between power and manuverability ??

3. enhance DFM & enhanced DFM + ( this goes for any skill with + im assuming ) is it necessary to have both for the enhanced DFM + to be of some use or will the ehanced DFM + alone combines the two ??

4. how useful is MG scatter and are there better MG skills i have yet to unlock.

Basically:
AC6: too hard to kill people
AH with DFM: too easy to kill people

AC6 with low-tier planes was okay, since you actually needed to do something more than apply full throttle and turn in any direction to avoid well-placed missiles, plus the lower speeds made guns a valid option. But with high tier planes and competent people, combined with the horrid netcode that caused pseudo-warping for everyone, you had to be a decent SAAMer or just spam QAAMs to the point where lag starts causing weird stuff to happen.
Meanwhile, AH is just a random clusterfrak in any circumstances, and while the netcode does seem significantly better than AC6's (not nearly as much of that warp-y movement), the DFM mechanics' reliance on timing and distance makes lag even more of a factor than in AC6.

TL;DR: both games are broken, it comes down to whether you prefer working (very) hard for your kills (AC6) or just constant kills and deaths (AH).

ive been playing AC for a long time electrosphere is where i got my start, and ive always loved it, when i first played the demo for AH and they introduced DFM i was like WTF is this shit, but to be honest its a solid addition, its it somewhat broken there no doubt about that, but they shouldn't get rid of it, i think they need to tweak it, and make it more balanced.

because it really does make the dog fiighting more intense.

and they need to bring back team commands from unsung war and belkan war , if they add that in AC 8 this will be the definitive flight game.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Prestigious

• Members
  • 3,417 posts
  • Plane:X-02A Wyvern

3. enhance DFM & enhanced DFM + ( this goes for any skill with + im assuming ) is it necessary to have both for the enhanced DFM + to be of some use or will the ehanced DFM + alone combines the two ??

In this case no. I've used EDFM+ and it's wonderful. Reg. missile max lock on is ~6,500 ft and with EDFM+ max DFM range is ~7,500 (results have varied when attempting to test the range offline)

and they need to bring back team commands from unsung war and belkan war , if they add that in AC 7 this will be the definitive flight game.

Fixed

Edited by Razgriz67, 12 April 2012 - 01:06 PM.

Billkwando

Billkwando

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
I'm gonna have to try these SAAMs, but honestly, I can't really tell the difference between regular missles and QAAMs. Half the time I forget to switch to QAAMs (unless I'm rapid fire missle switching) and I get the kill with regular missles anyway.

Also, the one thing I miss from AC6 (besides big ass flying aircraft carriers, so cool) are the team attack commands. So many times I've wanted to sic my d00ds on some enemy and couldn't.

obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Plane:Su-47 Firkin
NO abiities stack with their + version. EDFM and EDFM+ will ONLY give the benefits of EDFM+ with NOTHING more for the regular version being there. And EDFM+ is just straight better for everything anyway.

Also:

and they need to bring back team commands from unsung war and belkan war , if they add that in AC 7 this will be the definitive flight game.

Fixed

SO this.

Pre-release, the devs specifically stated AH was NOT AC7.

I'm hoping they have AC7 and AH2 as separate games, personally. Emphasise that this is effectively a new series with new mechanics and a new setting.

Edited by obliviondoll, 12 April 2012 - 03:35 PM.

Billkwando

Billkwando

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
So the folks saying that Extra Armor and Extra Armor+ do stack are mistaken?

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but which is better quick assault or quick charge, and what's the difference?

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Prestigious

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

So the folks saying that Extra Armor and Extra Armor+ do stack are mistaken?

Not that it has anything to do with anything, but which is better quick assault or quick charge, and what's the difference?

I've been told that armor skills stack since there is a set # value that it increases by, while EDFM and EDFM+ have a set number

Quick charge is the charge of your missiles.

Quick assault is the charge of the charged missile while in DFM (the line that turns into the circle)
So it depends on what your play style is

blindghost

blindghost

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts
damn, well that sucks, if some do stack and some dont how the hell do you tell the diffrence ??

obliviondoll

obliviondoll

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Plane:Su-47 Firkin
Experiment, or find the thread about skills on here where people have tested them.

Pretty sure it's ONLY the armour skills where normal and + versions stack though.

Quick Assault is how fast you get a DFM lock, and Quick Charge is how fast your missiles reload. Both are good for different reasons. (sorry, but I thought that might be a bit more clear than your description, Razgriz)

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Prestigious

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

damn, well that sucks, if some do stack and some dont how the hell do you tell the diffrence ??

You can go to free mission, or to a private online match with a friend or two and take notice of any differences (best if you keep the planes and weapons the same in each test)

Quick Assault is how fast you get a DFM lock, and Quick Charge is how fast your missiles reload. Both are good for different reasons. (sorry, but I thought that might be a bit more clear than your description, Razgriz)

But Quick assault doesn't effect DFM lock on (well not from what I read) it affects the charge time of a missile while in DFM

blindghost

blindghost

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts
ya im actually going to start testing that right now in free missions.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Prestigious

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

ya im actually going to start testing that right now in free missions.

Some results will vary from online and offline (as Joeysky learned while testing EDFM+

Shika

Shika

Easy come, easy go

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

I'm gonna have to try these SAAMs, but honestly, I can't really tell the difference between regular missles and QAAMs. Half the time I forget to switch to QAAMs (unless I'm rapid fire missle switching) and I get the kill with regular missles anyway.

QAAMs just get to their target before they have time to evade, they are still easy to evade unless you're going slow and are expecting a regular missile, and then the next thing you know there's a missile on your radar for half a second before it kills you

a good strategy to use with any kind of missiles is to fire a regular missile at the target and wait til their flares are done(regular players almost always pop flares the second they see an alert) and then try to fly in close and get them with 4AAMs, QAAMs, or regulars

works great if you use it before going into DFM too, since those precious seconds matter in DFM

Edited by Shika, 12 April 2012 - 06:19 PM.

Billkwando

Billkwando

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

But Quick assault doesn't effect DFM lock on (well not from what I read) it affects the charge time of a missile while in DFM

I think ypu're both saying the same thing, and btw, the second description really did help. If I understand correctly, when he says DFM lock, he means charge (when the assault circle turns red)

a good strategy to use with any kind of missiles is to fire a regular missile at the target and wait til their flares are done(regular players almost always pop flares the second they see an alert) and then try to fly in close and get them with 4AAMs, QAAMs, or regulars

works great if you use it before going into DFM too, since those precious seconds matter in DFM

That's so funny cos I've been doing both of those things! :D

You guys are good advice givers!

So everyone's agreed that the armor skills do stack.

Edited by Billkwando, 12 April 2012 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users