Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

thoughts on Sulejmani

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
I understand that he's pretty much universally hated during the final mission but the varcolac fight not withstanding, what did you think of him? Because the way I see it, if the situations had been different, I could easily see him being a close friend. He was a damn good pilot and if he was on your side, he could easily be s good a friend as Pixy (before his betrayal naturally) or as close as Blaze was to Razgriz/Wardog squadron.

Really, it seemed to me like he was trying to find meaning to his life and thought that money would be the thing to fulfill him. It's kind of sad really. Especially since he was so good. He could do those missile dodge moves in the MiG 1.44 as well, it's not something he exclusively did in the varcolac. he just does it more often.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
I'd still hate him. He's an annoying money hungry prick.

I mean, damn he's annoying!

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

I understand that he's pretty much universally hated during the final mission but the varcolac fight not withstanding, what did you think of him? Because the way I see it, if the situations had been different, I could easily see him being a close friend. He was a damn good pilot and if he was on your side, he could easily be s good a friend as Pixy (before his betrayal naturally) or as close as Blaze was to Razgriz/Wardog squadron.

Really, it seemed to me like he was trying to find meaning to his life and thought that money would be the thing to fulfill him. It's kind of sad really. Especially since he was so good. He could do those missile dodge moves in the MiG 1.44 as well, it's not something he exclusively did in the varcolac. he just does it more often.

Flat. He might as well be one of those guys on the ground screaming for their lives.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
Why do you guys think that then out of curiosity?

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
I dunno, I think the term "Flat" pretty much answers for itself.

Sulejmani had no major character development through the story. The only development was at the end where he was rambling on and nobody gave a damn, even then it felt way too forced. Like dragging him from A to B just so you can feel some sort of emotion when fighting him, we all know how much that failed.

Edited by Gracidia, 24 January 2012 - 07:57 PM.

Ninja8827

Ninja8827

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

I dunno, I think the term "Flat" pretty much answers for itself.

Sulejmani had no major character development through the story. The only development was at the end where he was rambling on and nobody gave a damn, even then it felt way too forced. Like dragging him from A to B just so you can feel some sort of emotion when fighting him, we all know how much that failed.

i know what you mean this is why i personally thought he was the worst ace combat villain in a long time, he had almost no character development and was so hard to kill. he had very corny lines and was just plain annoying

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

i know what you mean this is why i personally thought he was the worst ace combat villain in a long time, he had almost no character development and was so hard to kill. he had very corny lines and was just plain annoying

He very ugly. kifhkr3jbfhikhbf3ihgfifg3o I HATE HIM WITH A F-16-ING VENGEANCE!!!!

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Hahahahahha i still remember when I first played the campaign;
when I got to the part with the one on one duel with me flying an EF-2000 Typhoon (best plane I could unlock then),
sulejmani pulled off incredible and impossible stunts; therefore;

I flew into the tunnel under the building (where you destroy olivieri), in hopes of him following, so i can epicly dodge it (idk what i was thinkin back then)

turns out, he just flew in circles... -.-
oh well, anyways, i hit him 2 or 3 times with a missle, and he didnt get shot down, that was when I was at 98% damage for me...
and of course, the typhoon failed me; agility was not enough.

he killed me

thus, i made a vow that day, that when i do unlock the ADF-01, I will frickin hit him with a laser...and see how he deals with THAT!
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

but seriously, I hate him too... sympathy -94%
6% left because it was very slightly sad that he had such a history.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

thus, i made a vow that day, that when i do unlock the ADF-01, I will frickin hit him with a laser...and see how he deals with THAT!

Done.

Repeatedly.

His stupid hax maneuvers can't save him from being deep-fried by the TLS.

Mael Radec

Mael Radec

# 00

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts
Who is this again? :3

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
Ahh. Oh well. I figured it was just me then.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
There's just nothing good about him to me. Final battle aside, I hate him regardless. His voice is annoying, his obsession with money and killing Antares is annoying, he's a douchebag, his comments during the first mission aggravated me further (it was bad enough I had Burford coaching stuff I knew for years to me.) I can't stand him.

He's the only character in this game I actually hated and my most hated video game character in video game history.

Edited by Boreas249, 27 January 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
so... you gonna do anything about it? I hated him so much i killed him with machine gun only. and then in another game, missles only... which was as difficult has shooting a pin sized bullet while riding a horse while in the dark and shooting at a fly. but, i always manage to kill him.

BTW; blind firing sasms work. they explode when in vincinity.

Gradius

Gradius

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts
I hate it just because he deceives the missiles with those freaking awesome maneuvers. When I hear the "HAHAHAHA" I must have patience with him.

BTW: If you face him in head on at 6k Altitute with XLAA o QAAM it's easy to finish him off. You can beat him after he start with the psycho laugh.

Round Table's Knight

Round Table's Knight

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts

I completely agree with you. Except with the being as good a friend as Pixy. If someone is still your buddy after you tried to kill each other, you obviously are awesome friends. Plus there was that arrogance that he always had about him. On a scale of 1 to 10 to rate arrogance, 1 being Yellow 13 and 10 being Markov, I would give him a 7.

However, if given enough time with him on your side, he could see how good of a pilot you are, and you could be good friends. I am just speculating here, but like Sulejmani probably had a pretty lonely life. He was sold by his parents at a young age. He most likely spent the rest of his childhood being trained as a soldier. The environment could highly likely have been set up with competition between him and any other children that might have been trained with him. Not the best place to make friends. The Varcolac squadron didn't seem that close, either. They probably didn't associate with each other when not in combat.

When you go through all your life not knowing what it is like to have friend and knowing that your parents sold you for money, you tend to be troubled. The arrogance that is shown throughout the game is probably the result of the competition in the place where he was trained. Thinking you're the best is often the result of such things.

But I digress. I can see how people can hate him if they think of him as an enemy. However, what if you didn't fight him? What if you were one of the other members of the Varcolac Squadron, and both you and he survived? What if you heard his tale? Would you hate him, or would you pity him? Would you be his friend? Do you think, given enough time, he would be willing to be your friend?

Sorry if this post is really bad. This is my first real post on a forum, ever.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
Don't have the game, don't know the guy, but the music associated with him is, IMO, terribly sad. Strings can be very moving, especially solo. And the solo horn and strings in the middle is foreboding and tragic.

My opinion only, of course.

Posted Image

* Also fixed the title. OP should be ashamed. Posted Image

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
yea, it gets pretty sad...

on second thought, he kept on killing me...

NVM NO SYMPATHY FOR HIM AT ALL!!

fox3

fox3

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Don't have the game, don't know the guy, but the music associated with him is, IMO, terribly sad. Strings can be very moving, especially solo. And the solo horn and strings in the middle is foreboding and tragic.

My opinion only, of course.

e16397.gif

* Also fixed the title. OP should be ashamed. blabla-1.gif

This is in AHL too, during the St. Ark mission, when you're about to destory the rebel HQ.  "The war is almost over.  As soon as you complete this mission everyone can go home."

(Sure, there were 2 more missions after that but the war itself was officially over.)