Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

So I got AC:JA finally.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

SkyGuardians

SkyGuardians

Incompetent Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
I'm on right now, if anyone wants to do a campaign. Look for Edward.

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
I've got one up in global at the moment.

SkyGuardians

SkyGuardians

Incompetent Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
Joining. Wish my Linksys router wasn't so slow.

EDIT: Which one? There's 2 rooms.

Edited by SkyGuardians, 21 January 2012 - 06:12 PM.

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Joining. Wish my Linksys router wasn't so slow.

EDIT: Which one? There's 2 rooms.

I'm the one about to do joint assault mission 3 and 4.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
i actually enjoy the apalis... its stats are not that good though... so therefore, i usually use my Su-37 for most missions, cobras are fun to do.

The apalis has weird thrust vectoring nozzles, similar to the CFA-44 Nosferatu... idk, just thought id put it out there...

yeah, they shrunk the size of the explosion of the lswm... its a shame, but when you play online and escape the blue cloud of death, idk about you, but i feel like:

YEEEESSS!!!!!! HAHAHA noob... WMDs dont work on m---

and i get shot down right after the lswm goes off... lag? -- possibly...

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
At first, I thought for sure that my plane's mobility as really sucky, but that was because I wasn't used to the stability stat being used for something. At least, that's what i blame it on since it feels very hard for my lower level aircraft to move. Less stable aircraft seem to be way more agile then ones with higher stability it seems.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
Max out Forneus' mobility and stability, then get back to me on that.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
with the optimum builds for mobility, it seems stability goes up as well. I'll have to try the varcolac with optimum mobility parts to really see a difference.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
EDIT: Heh, wrong topic.

I am officially embarrassed.

*going red.*

Well since I'm here, I just thought I'd say I absolutely love the X-02's stats in this game, especially when you max out its mobility.

That thing turns like... holy crap.

Edited by Boreas249, 30 January 2012 - 04:06 PM.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
haha but true aces dont use superplanes... true aces use mig-21 to defeat a superplane...jk -- ergo, im not a true ace on part that i use everything but that plane. its horrible.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

haha but true aces dont use superplanes... true aces use mig-21 to defeat a superplane...jk -- ergo, im not a true ace on part that i use everything but that plane. its horrible.

I HAAAAATE the MIG-21.

I dunno, I just always have. I can't stand that plane.

For one, it's fugly...

SkyGuardians

SkyGuardians

Incompetent Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
I forbid you to say that of this beautiful plane.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
to each their own. I prefer planes with very VERY high mobility. mostly cause I like to not die lol

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

to each their own. I prefer planes with very VERY high mobility. mostly cause I like to not die lol

^ This

I'm a fiend for high mobility planes.

Although I do occasionally fly the F-15E, which isn't that maneuverable, but it gets the job done for me...

And the A-10... forget about mobility. I just fly it for the hell of it on occasion as well.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts
So I just finished my first playthrough of JA. And for the first time in my AC-playing life, I won't be replaying it.

My god, this game is worse than AH. I don't know what's worse, the extremely scripted mission structure, the planes being bricks (at least without tuning, but I shouldn't have to play for 10 hours before getting something without sleep-inducing performance), the enemy AI being braindead for the most part, the repetitive missions (flying battleships are fun because there's one per game, not ten), Sulejmani being the most mind-numbingly boring and retarded boss I've ever fought (he beats Akula, who at least was fun the first time, before realizing the fight is 100% scripted), the mostly bland and especially unfitting soundtrack, the terrible (and repetitive, I was hearing the same line 3 times in the span of one minute) voice acting, the ludicrous story... and I'm sure there's more, but all of that is more than enough.

How could they make this after ACX, an actually pretty decent game that's on par, if not better than some of the console games? It does have a couple good ideas, like tuning for every plane and custom loadout with different kind of missiles, but those don't matter squat if the core gameplay and pretty much everything is shit.

Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

So I just finished my first playthrough of JA. And for the first time in my AC-playing life, I won't be replaying it.

My god, this game is worse than AH. I don't know what's worse, the extremely scripted mission structure, the planes being bricks (at least without tuning, but I shouldn't have to play for 10 hours before getting something without sleep-inducing performance), the enemy AI being braindead for the most part, the repetitive missions (flying battleships are fun because there's one per game, not ten), Sulejmani being the most mind-numbingly boring and retarded boss I've ever fought (he beats Akula, who at least was fun the first time, before realizing the fight is 100% scripted), the mostly bland and especially unfitting soundtrack, the terrible (and repetitive, I was hearing the same line 3 times in the span of one minute) voice acting, the ludicrous story... and I'm sure there's more, but all of that is more than enough.

How could they make this after ACX, an actually pretty decent game that's on par, if not better than some of the console games? It does have a couple good ideas, like tuning for every plane and custom loadout with different kind of missiles, but those don't matter squat if the core gameplay and pretty much everything is shit.

All you said above summarized in one word: lame

That game doesn't even deserve the title of "Ace Combat".

Still, it's a surprise you got JA. Tell me your PSN ID, I'd like to have a match with you.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

All you said above summarized in one word: lame

That game doesn't even deserve the title of "Ace Combat".

Still, it's a surprise you got JA. Tell me your PSN ID, I'd like to have a match with you.

I haven't been able to get my PSP online, but I'm not interested anyway. Not really bothering with multiplayer nowadays.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
but multiplayer is the whole reason this game exists!!

by the way, how many people actually used ad - hoc in acx? i have. XD

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
Not I. No one around me had a PSP with ACX. Shame, which means I'll never be able to actually COMPLETE ACX.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
haha yea. i have everything; colors, weapons, planes, mission s rank, and campaign medals, and the only thing i dont have is this one multiplayer medal,,,

so i quit acx and played acja; which is better in some aspects, but repealed in some other aspects; <story, characters, voice acting,>
like the multiplayer though; but need mic capability to communicate easier.
XD
:\
...?
idk, its really a tiny bit better than acx, and much better than heatseeker, afterburner, and other similar games.