Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

So I got AC:JA finally.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Ohh... i have a perfect game idea---

Name: Warfare X
gameplay --

choose to play as ground force -- COD-(fps) guns, RPGs, and that crap...
choose to play as Air Force ------- Ace Combat - (Fighters, bombers, helicopters,)

gameplay in each category will affect each others allies...

wait... Battlefield 3 is that...
dammit.

oh well; if there is ever a game that combined both ace combat and CoD, it will surely "bring to fruition" the video game industry...
second thought, if there was a video game in a video game, that would be awesome...
like sims -- you play as a person in the world, and you could play the game above in the game ^^

You just got game - inceptioned!! XD

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

oh well; if there is ever a game that combined both ace combat and CoD, it will surely "bring to fruition" the video game industry...

Eh... no I disagree with that.

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
It tried bringing both in essence with AH *though didn't have any shooting with guns lol, it did have the AC-130 and chopper gunner segements though* and it didn't work too well >.>

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
Varcolac Squadron? fine, upstanding African American gentleman, please.

Alect Squadron?

Posted Image

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

I think it's a slight improvement on X's... I dunno, maybe the graphics used are as much as the PSP can handle.
X is better in some ways, but going back to it after such a long time... just feels different. For one, the aircraft don't seem as fast....

The graphics on X was better, look at the fenrir's cockpit

Ohh... i have a perfect game idea---

Name: Warfare X
gameplay --

choose to play as ground force -- COD-(fps) guns, RPGs, and that crap...
choose to play as Air Force ------- Ace Combat - (Fighters, bombers, helicopters,)

gameplay in each category will affect each others allies...

wait... Battlefield 3 is that...
dammit.

second thought, if there was a video game in a video game, that would be awesome...
like sims -- you play as a person in the world, and you could play the game above in the game ^^

You just got game - inceptioned!! XD

i REALLY hope you're joking, that would destroy the market for both FPS and air simulation games

Unstung

Unstung

The future will be better tomorrow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts
Joint Assault: When I stopped caring about Ace Combat

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
haha yea... that would destroy both... but its still an idea... XD

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
So I got back to playing ACX yesterday.

Reminds me of all the AI in JA is missing. Feels good to be pitted against AI that actually makes an effort to evade, especially without resorting to ridiculous maneuvers.

JA... *sigh,* these guys fly around aimlessly, fire a missile at you if you're flying in their general direction, watch as missiles fly at them, and then you have the douchey AI which pull off the most ridiculous maneuvers no one else in the game can.

FUCK! Why does the AI have to suck so much?

Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

So I got back to playing ACX yesterday.

Reminds me of all the AI in JA is missing. Feels good to be pitted against AI that actually makes an effort to evade, especially without resorting to ridiculous maneuvers.

JA... *sigh,* these guys fly around aimlessly, fire a missile at you if you're flying in their general direction, watch as missiles fly at them, and then you have the douchey AI which pull off the most ridiculous maneuvers no one else in the game can.

FUCK! Why does the AI have to suck so much?

I said it time ago, JA was developed on the summer of 2010, when Namco employees were all on vacation on the beach, so they left their scholars to do their job. The result was that joke game! They didn't have ideas for BGMs, so they picked up themes from AC, AC2 and AC3, and composed some more random s#¡t. Scholars just can't do the work of developers, I told them! You're lucky the enemies always fly in a straight line even when you fire at them, they could have simply put the enemies static on the air, or who knows...

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
If its the work of scholars, then it's not bad; remember; these guys will probably be responsible for future Ace Combat Games; they are still learning, and I bet they are making major progress.
hence the slogan; "The Next Generation of Aces"
:)
Wish I could be like them; just being an intern too would be fine.

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
You wish it was the scholars. It wasn't even the main Project Aces team that developed this.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
O.O

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
Seriously about the whole scholar thing?

Posted Image

Come on, couldn't they have -- honestly, I have no more words now.

I'm aggravated.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
well, if the main project aces actually produced this game, it could've been 42X better than what it is now, but still, after they're gone, they need new people to produce these games.
why 42X? -- 42=life

Ninja8827

Ninja8827

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
I will say now that i beat it, the game was a little disappointing compared to the other ace combats but ok, i thought access games did a much better job with AC:AH Legacy then this game, also i think ACX was the much better psp game

i noticed this ace combat was very hard to single play do to the addition of co-op the difficulty was deff upped

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
idk, but after i played acja, i was not used to acx's physics; has this happened to anyone before?
btw, in acx, i unlocked everything; planes, colors, weapons, medals.
yes, including multiplayer... i forced my sister to play.
so, yeah, acja is the new ac for me.

JA's multiplayer online is awesome, just wish you couldnt deny the hosts settings; this causes setup to take 20 minutes sometimes :(
CO-OP is annoying sometimes; your wingmen most often use ODMMs or LSWMs... or TLS's those things cost a lot per firing.

so, i just do vs...

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

words

I need to get my analog stick recalculated. I really should pick back up on playing this, since there still seems to be people playing it. I'd love to do campaign runs with people here, so long as we could put limits on what weapons people take.

EDIT - Yep, got it fixed. I'm doing the data install now.

Edited by Sour, 21 January 2012 - 12:45 PM.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Hey thats great but im busy studying for midterms... play next week probably... or tuesday...

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

idk, but after i played acja, i was not used to acx's physics; has this happened to anyone before?

YUP.

Rolling seems so much... faster, I dunno it feels different. It feels funny man. D=

Turning seems slower also, I dunno, that could just be me.

But I just got more entertainment of ACX. Because the AI does more than just fly around aimlessly. They actually hunt you.

Plus the missions are longer and more entertaining.

LSWMs in ACX... just seem so much more fun. Blowing the fuck out of everything that moves with a single missile is just hilarious, I laughed my ass off after I blew up the Puna base with an LSWM, and then laughed even harder at myself for failing Captive City when I hit an aircraft with an LSWM, which proceeded to also wipe out the fuel tanks below.

Ah... so much fun...

Edited by Boreas249, 21 January 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
The main issue is how rolling is determined in JA, whereas in X, rolling is almost unanimously the same for all planes. In JA, how much a plane rolls is determined by the mobility bar. The turning is determined by however many "mobility up" and "light weight" bonuses you can get in your parts. And this only really adds a bit to whichever is already innate to a plane, so even when you hack it to have the best parts, a lower tier plane can't out-fly a high tier plane with legit parts. And even then, the hacked low-tiers don't handle as well as they could had the stats been implemented right.

And it's a damn shame. Because my Apalis will only ever be great in X.

Edited by Sour, 21 January 2012 - 04:52 PM.