Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

So I got AC:JA finally.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Yeah that chopper mission is pretty... well let's not mince words here but bad.

Personally, I think the best mission to use the prop planes is when you're going for the Mora jammer or the power plants since you can't really use missiles anyways. And yeah lol I saw that video too. Also, in the Mora Jammer mission attack, i shot down the blackbird ace with a prop XD

Which chopper mission is this? The one where there's the choppers carrying nuke fuel in all that? I didn't like that one either, but I don't hate it...

& didn't think of that, I'll give it a spin.

Also in that mission, there's this one F-16 that's really annoying, I shoot down his wingman and then when I go after him, the douchebag flies through the area with the Mora Jamming station, which I can't fly through then because of the advanced weaponry and all. Then he flies off the map at high speed.

I hate 'im...

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
I just didn't bother with him flying a prop plane lol. I only bothered with the copters and maybe an AA gun or two. and yeah, it is the one with the nuclear fuel.

Overall though, i like Joint Assault. I also love how you can tune any and all craft except the 747.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
I firmly believe that most of the features of ACJA were the products of the members here at ACS. WWII era aircraft, all aircraft tunable, lots of color choices, customizable emblems (to a point), Infrastructure multiplayer, Co-op Campaign, an enemy ace squadron present throughout the game (like Yellow Squadron), all of these I have seen on our members' wishlists (including my own) for a new AC game before ACJA was ever released, or even announced. Namco Bandai is here, but they're silent, so any concerns you express here can affect the future of the AC series as a whole.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

I firmly believe that most of the features of ACJA were the products of the members here at ACS. WWII era aircraft, all aircraft tunable, lots of color choices, customizable emblems (to a point), Infrastructure multiplayer, Co-op Campaign, an enemy ace squadron present throughout the game (like Yellow Squadron), all of these I have seen on our members' wishlists (including my own) for a new AC game before ACJA was ever released, or even announced. Namco Bandai is here, but they're silent, so any concerns you express here can affect the future of the AC series as a whole.

I don't believe we asked for hax aces and a shitty story. The multiple flying fortresses and Ace of Aces were probably the product of ACS' stupidity though.

Edited by Gracidia, 05 January 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
Keyword: most. Not all.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
I do remember asking for a giant aircraft with a force field that required the help of allied forces to take down a long time ago. I was surprised to see something similar to that in here. (Mission 20: Ghost Hunter)

So yeah, I think you're right Raptor. If that's the case, I hope they take heed of all the complaints I've been reading about AH and improve upon it on their next possible release.

But that's another story. Anywho, that is kinda cool though.

And I honestly, I really couldn't give a shit less about the story. I already gave up on any hope of the story being good when I heard this was gonna be taking place in the real world. I said NOPE!

So yeah, I don't even pay attention to it. I just play the game for what it is, and it IS quite entertaining... when the lesser missions aren't putting me to sleep.

And I like the flying fortresses, just fighting big aircraft, bosses in general is fun to me, I don't care how realistic it is or isn't. Yes, it's WTF material, but hey, it's a video game. They could throw in aliens for all I care.

I was joking about that last part. Seriously PA, don't do that, I will never forgive you.

But yeah. They need to take it back to strangereal.

Edited by Boreas249, 05 January 2012 - 09:04 PM.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
So Boreas, out of curiosity, do you still play the game? We can probbaly fight together since i'm in the market for a partner. or three or four.

Also, to support the theory of Namco looking at these boards, there IS an official Namco account on this very site. I think it's even pinned. We can always hope that they're listening.

Also, I don't think setting it in the real world is a BAD thing necessarily. After all Strangereal took lots of landmarks and places from Google Earth. It's just how you implement it IMO. Plus it's kinda neat to fly around the pyrimids and London.

-=cipher*rei=-

-=cipher*rei=-

I hope I didn't brain my damage...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

I don't believe we asked for hax aces and a shitty story. The multiple flying fortresses and Ace of Aces were probably the product of ACS' stupidity though.

AFAIR people here asking if su37 or the raptor can do cobra manuever on AC, so there you go..

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

So Boreas, out of curiosity, do you still play the game? We can probbaly fight together since i'm in the market for a partner. or three or four.

Also, to support the theory of Namco looking at these boards, there IS an official Namco account on this very site. I think it's even pinned. We can always hope that they're listening.

Also, I don't think setting it in the real world is a BAD thing necessarily. After all Strangereal took lots of landmarks and places from Google Earth. It's just how you implement it IMO. Plus it's kinda neat to fly around the pyrimids and London.

Yeah I play, but only single player, I can't get online, no wireless points I can get on...

But when I do get to get online with this, I'll give you a shout.

& about strangereal... well, there was so much that could be done with it... it was just that little bit of originality, you know?

Ninja8827

Ninja8827

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
just bought it today waiting for it to ship i cant wait it finally play it

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
Don't get your hopes up Ninja...also Boreas, you should lemme know when you are able to play online lol I wouldn't mind doing some campaign again. Its been a year at least for me lol.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
What Hornet said. I mean, in my honest opinion, it's not bad, but don't expect it to be on level with the other Ace Combat games...

& Hornet, absolutely. So it seems we're getting a team set up, me, you and Firestorm...

Would be awesome, now if I can just get online...

Ninja8827

Ninja8827

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Don't get your hopes up Ninja...also Boreas, you should lemme know when you are able to play online lol I wouldn't mind doing some campaign again. Its been a year at least for me lol.

lol so ive heard it wasnt that good but as long as its close to what ace combat X is like ill like it

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

lol so ive heard it wasnt that good but as long as its close to what ace combat X is like ill like it

Well, it does have all the planes from X plus some newer ones.

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
And it does let you fully tune any plane, and equip a large number of weapons on each.

nytfox7

nytfox7

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

And it does let you fully tune any plane, and equip a large number of weapons on each.

It's also a far better game than AH is. I just wish far more people play it online.

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
I would but I really don't like the controls for the PSP lol.

Ninja8827

Ninja8827

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Well, it does have all the planes from X plus some newer ones.

im pretty far in the game so for and i like it but i agree with the majority of this its great but ACX is just slightly better lol

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Well, online is a huge hit for me...
the campaign couldve done better though. graphics could also be a little better. AI could be a little more... feisty... and uh, music could be better if they had new tracks, not using the old AC2 themes.

HECK, THE WHOLE GAME COULD BE BETTER REINVENTED WITH <optional> DFM AND ASF... that would be cool...
AND,,,
they could include every plane ever encountered in the ace combat series, as well as helicopters and bombers...

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Well, online is a huge hit for me...
the campaign couldve done better though.

Yep, I really didn't like Mission 15, 16 I don't care for either, but 15 is a serious mood killer. As for some of the others... yeah they could have been done better.

graphics could also be a little better.

I think it's a slight improvement on X's... I dunno, maybe the graphics used are as much as the PSP can handle.

I'm not a fan of the still cutscenes though...

AI could be a little more... feisty...

Oh yes. In X, they were a bit more aggressive. Sorta.

and uh, music could be better if they had new tracks, not using the old AC2 themes.

Some of the original tracks that were in the game didn't fit. I didn't like this game's soundtrack all too much. Some of it was ok.

HECK, THE WHOLE GAME COULD BE BETTER REINVENTED WITH <optional> DFM AND ASF... that would be cool...

As long as it's optional and the game isn't mainly focused on using them.

AND,,,
they could include every plane ever encountered in the ace combat series, as well as helicopters and bombers...

I like the thought of that.

im pretty far in the game so for and i like it but i agree with the majority of this its great but ACX is just slightly better lol

X is better in some ways, but going back to it after such a long time... just feels different. For one, the aircraft don't seem as fast....