Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

So I got AC:JA finally.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
So I finally got my hands on this game, and I gotta say, it's not really that bad, in fact, I like it. I have my gripes with it, but overall, it's entertaining.

The story...? Look at all the fucks I give.

The voice acting? Still sucks. At least it's not like ACX's voice acting, which was horrible, really I had to mute the speech. JA's though isn't as bad. Some of the characters had alright voice acting behind them... Some... Few...

Wait, Burford's black?

Posted Image

Anyway.

The characters? They're alright, some were slightly annoying. Sulejmani... I like how they made him the only video game character I could have so much hatred towards. He's downright annoying, his voice actor did a super-shitty job on him, and he really pissed me off with his hax plane in the end. And his sob story only made me wanna kill him more.

I was so glad when I finally did kill him.

The missions? Some are good, a few of them were just boring though, and I wanna throttle the hell out of whoever came up with the idea for Mission 15.

All my hate...

It doesn't help that the AI sucks so bad. Kinda excluding Sulejmani and his impossible missile dodging maneuvers. Honestly...

I liked the superweapons, not much of a challenge, but still fun.. I just like playing against giant aircraft, it's fun to me. Boss fights have always been my thing. Sulejmani and his fugly plane on the other hand can go to hell, really.

That said, the last mission was really anticlimatic. Come on, there had to be more than that, there really should have been.

I love the plane selection. Every plane returns from ACX, huh? Good, I like that, that's one of the things I really did like about that game.

I refuse to try the "Varcoloc" or whatever that thing is though. It's just ugly and it aggravated me. Wait, it also uses the LSWM? Frickin' poser....

And WWII planes? Nope.avi

Oh, since I mentioned LSWMs, WHY DID YOU NERF MY SUPER SHOCK NUKE?! CURSE YOU!!!!

Ah well... As I said though, this game's still entertaining, and I like it. It's not really up there with other AC games, but I had fun with it nonetheless.

Now I want my ACX back.

Edited by Boreas249, 01 January 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

And WWII planes? Nope.avi

You DO realize you get a medal for using those two planes for a total of 20 sorties, right?

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

You DO realize you get a medal for using those two planes for a total of 20 sorties, right?

Your point?

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Your point?

They're worth something. I would think a medal is good incentive to use something I don't want to use (and to be honest, for me it is).

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
maybe getting the medal is a sense of achievement?

anyway, good for you :)

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
I don't know, ja is better than x in my opinion... Especially with 8 player online multiplayer... Oh man, when those superplanes get shot down by my su47.... They get sooooo pissed it's funny watching them over-maneuver and get in front of me only to be shot down again... XD

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

I don't know, ja is better than x in my opinion... Especially with 8 player online multiplayer... Oh man, when those superplanes get shot down by my su47.... They get sooooo pissed it's funny watching them over-maneuver and get in front of me only to be shot down again... XD

Multiplayer is the best thing about JA but X's story was far better!

man last time..the two of us in SU47's blowing the crap outta those asshole varcolacs!...it was so mindblowing i saved the replay ;)

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
ITT: People who don't have AC6 or AH

-=cipher*rei=-

-=cipher*rei=-

I hope I didn't brain my damage...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

it also uses the LSWM? Frickin' poser....

Oh, since I mentioned LSWMs, WHY DID YOU NERF MY SUPER SHOCK NUKE?! CURSE YOU!!!!

Now I want my ACX back.

they weaken LSWM though.
and also no returning back, get back here and lean forward...

no shit?? its true!! cant get online though. login restriction?

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Multiplayer is the best thing about JA but X's story was far better!

man last time..the two of us in SU47's blowing the crap outta those asshole varcolacs!...it was so mindblowing i saved the replay ;)

^ this

nytfox7

nytfox7

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

I don't have XBL and the CRA shit needs to die. So for now JA is the better pick for me.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

the CRA shit needs to die.

Yup. How about a DIY mode, huh PA?

Anywho, forgot to mention the music. A lot of it's annoying and doesn't fit, but some of the tracks are nice.

-=cipher*rei=-

-=cipher*rei=-

I hope I didn't brain my damage...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
some BGMs are just pirated from AC2

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

some BGMs are just pirated from AC2

Not pirated, just reused.

Also from Air Combat and AC3 as well.

At least they fit better than some of the game's music.

But why is the hangar music (AC2's Lode Stone) so... low quality?

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

They're worth something. I would think a medal is good incentive to use something I don't want to use (and to be honest, for me it is).

That's not a good incentive to play in the garbage.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
I have to disagree with you there. Yes SUlejamani is annoying the first time you fight him since you probbaly won't have much better then a Typhoon and that's annoying but once you get the better planes, he becomes a doable challenge. I think that's what the devs were going for. They made it so the first playthrough is hard as hell but all the others you have are easy since you got the hardware. In the forneus for instence he's still tough but MUCH easier. Also, the propeller planes and the 747 mission. I LOVE THOSE. It shows proof that Namco isn't strictly focused with modern jet fighters. The 747 mission is also another one of those tough ones at first but it gets easier if you just do it and it's kinda fun in a weird sort of way.

I haven;t tried multiplayer though. not yet anyways. The sotry is kinda weak if i may be honest but LEAUGES better then Assault Horizon's story. Overall, i'd rank it in fifth place out of the Ace Combat's I've seen. And no, 6 doesn't count since there's no port to the PS3, making it lose ALL points with me.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

I have to disagree with you there. Yes SUlejamani is annoying the first time you fight him since you probbaly won't have much better then a Typhoon and that's annoying but once you get the better planes, he becomes a doable challenge. I think that's what the devs were going for. They made it so the first playthrough is hard as hell but all the others you have are easy since you got the hardware. In the forneus for instence he's still tough but MUCH easier. Also, the propeller planes and the 747 mission. I LOVE THOSE. It shows proof that Namco isn't strictly focused with modern jet fighters. The 747 mission is also another one of those tough ones at first but it gets easier if you just do it and it's kinda fun in a weird sort of way.

I haven;t tried multiplayer though. not yet anyways. The sotry is kinda weak if i may be honest but LEAUGES better then Assault Horizon's story. Overall, i'd rank it in fifth place out of the Ace Combat's I've seen. And no, 6 doesn't count since there's no port to the PS3, making it lose ALL points with me.

It's not just the difficulty of fighting him that makes him annoying, he's actually not that bad to fight, he and the rest of the Varcaloc squadron were fun to fight, save for the last mission, where he just outright pisses me off, but his dialogue and the voice acting behind him... he's just plain aggravating. I hate him for the character he is.

Those WWII planes... I see your point, but I just don't think I'd get any enjoyment out of using them in this game. I saw a bit of madness where these 2 planes pretty much wrecked the Ace of Aces mission, but I'm not really willing to try them myself...

Alright, I'll try them for one mission, one mission!

The 747 mission was painfully boring, not tough, just painfully boring. I almost slipped into a coma playing that one.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
I'm surprised that you didn't fall asleep playing the helicopter interception mission.

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
I'll take JA's horridness *not including co-op cuz that was really fun actually* along with its few pro's over a lot of AH's features anyday lol. Except the soundtrack..my god wtf were they thinking with JA's random track?

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
Yeah that chopper mission is pretty... well let's not mince words here but bad.

Personally, I think the best mission to use the prop planes is when you're going for the Mora jammer or the power plants since you can't really use missiles anyways. And yeah lol I saw that video too. Also, in the Mora Jammer mission attack, i shot down the blackbird ace with a prop XD

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention, I also like how many fictional aircraft this game has. Short of Ace Combat 3, no other game has this many and it gives Namco an excellent chance to show off their new designs. Also, it gives the Fenrir a chance to be useful with more missiles AT LAST!

Seriously, Fenrir was kickass, but you couldn't do anything with it which made me sad.

Edited by Firestorm, 05 January 2012 - 06:23 PM.