Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Aquila Squadron?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

OrangeFr3ak

OrangeFr3ak

Rookie

• Members
  • 41 posts
Why does Aquila Squadron shares the same name as the 156th TFW from AC4? Is it a mere coincidence or is there something more to it?

Edited by OrangeFr3ak, 15 November 2011 - 10:53 AM.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Why does Aquila Squadron shares the same name as the 156th TFW from AC4? Is it a mere coincidence or is there something more to it?

I don't believe there is a connection. And in AC04, it's Yellow Squadron, which is a part of Aquila Wing.

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

I don't believe there is a connection. And in AC04, it's Yellow Squadron, which is a part of Aquila Wing.

Ace Combat X's main design is to be a throwback to ACs 4, 5, and 0. The Aquilas are one of them.

Edited by Sour, 15 November 2011 - 11:26 AM.

OrangeFr3ak

OrangeFr3ak

Rookie

• Members
  • 41 posts

1321372841[/url]' post='739746']
Ace Combat's main design is to be a throwback to ACs 4, 5, and 0. The Aquilas are one of them.

What do you mean by 'AC's main design is a throwback to 4, 5 and 0. The aquilas are one of them.'?

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
It means that ACX was made specifically as a tribute to AC04, 5, and Z.

OrangeFr3ak

OrangeFr3ak

Rookie

• Members
  • 41 posts
Ok, I understand now. Thanks!

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
There's a lot of neat little throwbacks that you wouldn't catch your first time through.

OrangeFr3ak

OrangeFr3ak

Rookie

• Members
  • 41 posts
Yeah since I don't own the PS2 titles and was only introduced to the world of AC when I got ACX; I did play AC2 and AC3 but back then I was a kid and the story wasn't that important to me (I didn't understand the story) since I played just to fly and complete the missions.