Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Should the ACES team...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the ACES team... (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Aces re do AC5/ACZ/AC04 in Assault Horizon Style?

1. Yea! it will be epic! (16 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

2. Meh it would be alright (16 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. Let it be, its already good as it is (44 votes [57.89%])

Percentage of vote: 57.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Mobius 8

Mobius 8

Rookie

• Members
  • 25 posts
Re-master some of thier older games to AC:AH Standards? Just interested... You can post thoughts here, Personally it would be pretty cool the DFM a A-6E around the harbor while the naval ships are in chaos. lol

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts
Not so much AC5 or ACZ they both have decent graphics. But AC4 on the other hand could use a few improvements here and there.

Also probably posted this in the wrong place

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
Absolutely not, it would ruin those classic games. Unless all they do is make them HD-quality grapically, and maybe add multiplayer based on those older games without DFM/ASM/High-G/etc.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
The PS2 Era of AC games, in my opinion, was the best. I would appreciate an uppage in graphics more than an entire gameplay mechanic reshuffle. If they CRA'd the old games, I probably wouldn't go for them.

CRA vs Upper Arkbird laser? The one that can hit you almost no matter what? No, you're going to die.

ASM vs Megalith tunnels? No. It'll detract from the tension of trying to navigate on your own rather than with CPU assistance.

CRA vs. Yellow 13? Well done, the sense of accomplishment is no longer there.

Edited by Tomcat, 15 November 2011 - 03:20 AM.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • 3,569 posts

Absolutely not, it would ruin those classic games. Unless all they do is make them HD-quality grapically, and maybe add multiplayer based on those older games without DFM/ASM/High-G/etc.

with today's tech. Why can't they do both? have one renewal only improve the graphics [and maybe a few stats if they plan on adding an online option which I disagree on (especially AC5/Z the TLS will be over kill online)] and another that includes all the add-ons from AC6/AH (or at least add an option to turn them on and off)

Edited by Razgriz67, 15 November 2011 - 03:25 AM.

Durandal7

Durandal7

Zero-Zero Section

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

with today's tech. Why can't they do both? have one renewal only improve the graphics [and maybe a few stats if they plan on adding an online option which I disagree on (especially AC5/Z the TLS will be over kill online)] and another that includes all the add-ons from AC6/AH (or at least add an option to turn them on and off)

Could they? Sure, it wouldn't be too hard. Would they? Absolutely not. And if you think the TLS would be overpowered online, then ban it from online, or just give the host the option to disable individual weapons, problem solved.

SMS SKULL 1

SMS SKULL 1

Takin' it easy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
PS2 era AC with an AC:AH graphical facelift? *thinks* Ooooh, pwetty.

Wackov

Wackov

Ace Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
Redo AH in 4,5,0 style. :-)

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • 3,569 posts

Could they? Sure, it wouldn't be too hard. Would they? Absolutely not.

It was just a thought. Besides I agree who here even needs the new stuff anyways?

And if you think the TLS would be overpowered online, then ban it from online, or just give the host the option to disable individual weapons, problem solved.

I feel that they would do either add the option of super weapons or not, or do something similar with the trinity in AH. I for some reason doubt it will go the way of the ADMM in AC6

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Redo AH in 4,5,0 style. :-)

These.

griffon_one

griffon_one

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
Redo games the likes of AC:04 or Zero into the monstrosity AH is....terrible idea.

Skysailor

Skysailor

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

It was just a thought. Besides I agree who here even needs the new stuff anyways?

I feel that they would do either add the option of super weapons or not, or do something similar with the trinity in AH. I for some reason doubt it will go the way of the ADMM in AC6

Does anyone else think AH should have ADMMs?

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Does anyone else think AH should have ADMMs?

Nosferatu is an AH DLC. Have the Spec Weaps been confirmed yet?

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts
Once again taking what's good about AC and replacing it with shit?

lol nope

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
The poll's speaking for itself right now Posted Image

Georgia Ace

Georgia Ace

New and improved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
No.

Well maybe with 360 graphics but leave the CRA stuff out.

OrangeFr3ak

OrangeFr3ak

Rookie

• Members
  • 41 posts
I think that they should just remaster AC4, AC5 and AC6 in HD without changing anything. They're too good to change and it saves time and resources as well. The most I'd go for is to maybe add some new planes like the PAK FA but even then I'm happy with the current plane list of the PS2 AC games.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
On the other hand, if they could make some kind of anthology with AC4, 5 and Z in the style as the new Halo anniversary edition (in which you can optionally play the campaign in both the old and new graphical styles), then I would willingly give the guys at PA access to my next girlfriend B)

Edited by Tomcat, 15 November 2011 - 12:23 PM.

Mael Radec

Mael Radec

# 00

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts
DFM implemented in to 4,5, and Z.... good luck with that....;)

Jason

Jason

Vector Thrust here I come!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
AC:AH has it's system. Trying to shoehorn it into older ace combats is doing George Lucas's Work.

A little Face lift on some games, and a little balance. That's would be fine.