Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ASSAULT HORIZON - IMPRESSIONS AND REVIEW

• Please log in to reply
808 replies to this topic

Raef

Raef

Embrace the shit- be the shit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • Squad:School of Hard-Cocks
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

Seems kinda pointless customizing your AC-130U's paint job when all you ever get to see is the targetting reticle.

You can toggle out to the 3rd person view.

Red_9

Red_9

PSN ID: Ibisleigh_1

• Members
  • 4,149 posts
  • Squad:335th No-Such-Thing Squad
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet

You can toggle out to the 3rd person view.

Are there videos showing that view?

FlyAwayNow

FlyAwayNow

When it all hits the FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A
Waiting a week, going to see if the fallout is gonna yield any revelations before I go in considering my mistake with HAWX 2.

Georgia Ace

Georgia Ace

New and improved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18F Super Hornet

I hear you, brother. This game is balls hard.
Beyond The Canals was a nice breather mission after Rush. Holy Crap, Rush.

So should I be prepared to become a fireball a great many times during this game?

Red_9

Red_9

• Members
  • 4,149 posts

Waiting a week, going to see if the fallout is gonna yield any revelations before I go in considering my mistake with HAWX 2.

Kinda what I'm doing. I'm waiting for Metacritic to gather a more substantial number of reviews before I even step inside a game store.

Demon Lord Razgriz

Demon Lord Razgriz

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
Having finally finished the campaign, I have to agree with Sinner's observation, too damn short. And the only music that really stood out was the music on the first mission and the music played in the credits, Gotta Stay Fly.

I give it an 8/10 campaign-wise.

Now to see if the DLC's out and test multiplayer.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts
well i only played the first three missions (after having to F*cking wait to get off of work and waiting 35 F*cking minutes for my 360 to do an update and the AH update.... I have crappy signal) But I don't like how the enemy AI is now super good, leaving DFM to be the #1 way to kill them. But i know I will get over it eventully

Also I found the Door Gunner mission hard, could barely tell where the enemies where

Raef

Raef

Embrace the shit- be the shit

• Members
  • 4,014 posts
  • Squad:School of Hard-Cocks
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

Are there videos showing that view?

Are you insinuating I am making shit up?

Murcielago_Ex

Murcielago_Ex

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Squad:F.E.A.F.
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Having finally finished the campaign, I have to agree with Sinner's observation, too damn short. And the only music that really stood out was the music on the first mission and the music played in the credits, Gotta Stay Fly.

I give it an 8/10 campaign-wise.

Now to see if the DLC's out and test multiplayer.

How do I unlock PAK FA? By finishing the Campaign?

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

How do I unlock PAK FA? By finishing the Campaign?

If its like AC6 you might have to do it while playing Elite

Red_9

Red_9

• Members
  • 4,149 posts

Are you insinuating I am making shit up?

Not at all, I would just like to see it.

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
So far it's so-so for me. I've managed to play up to Blue Moon on Rookie setting. The only reason I chose Rookie instead of going straight for elite, is so that I can get the feel of the game and it's new gimmicks. The AC-130 mission sorry to say was annoying for me. Yes it does look sweet to view and all,but I could do without the gunship missions. In my book (and you guys who like it,don't take it personal)is better left for games like COD or BF,that just how I feel. The Door gunner was manageable and was okay, but not something again I like to see in an Ace Combat game. And though this is just may be me,but there does seem to be way too many TGT_LEAD's that is forcing the use of DFM/CRA. Yes I heard loud and clear that this was to be expected, but it's too much for my liking.

I do miss the briefings of the previous games as they did help add to the experience I enjoyed. I will say the voice acting isn't bad all, but the story so far doesn't draw me in as the others did, or is as interesting,dare I say, as AC4's. I just don't get that feeling. Each one of us is going to walk away feeling different about the game. Some will praise it. Some of us will say it's so-so. Others will curse it and hate it,but what ever our opinions or feelings are, let's just accept each other opinions.

Hopefully my so-so feelings will chance and I will be months from now giving high fives for AH. But for now this is how I feel about it at this point.

Edited by Tomcatter 503, 11 October 2011 - 07:44 PM.

Georgia Ace

Georgia Ace

New and improved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18F Super Hornet

So far it's so-so for me. I've managed to play up to Blue Moon on Rookie setting. The only reason I chose Rookie instead of going straight for elite, is so that I can get the feel of the game and it's new gimmicks. The AC-130 mission sorry to say was annoying for me. Yes it does look sweet to view and all,but I could do without the gunship missions. In my book (and you guys who like it,don't take it personal)is better left for games like COD or BF,that just how I feel. The Door gunner was manageable and was okay, but not something again I like to see in an Ace Combat game. And though this is just may be me,but there does seem to be way too many TGT_LEAD's that is forcing the use of DFM/CRA. Yes I heard loud and clear that this was to be expected, but it's too much for my liking.

I do miss the briefings of the previous games as they did help add to the experience I enjoyed. I will say the voice acting isn't bad all, but the story so far doesn't draw me in as the others did, or is as interesting,dare I say, as AC4's. I just don't get that feeling. Each one of us is going to walk away feeling different about the game. Some will praise it. Some of us will say it's so-so. Others will curse it and hate it,but what ever our opinions or feelings are, let's just accept each other opinions.

Hopefully my so-so feelings will chance and I will be months from now giving high fives for AH. But for now this is how I feel about it at this point.

So right now, would you say its worth buying?

Demon Lord Razgriz

Demon Lord Razgriz

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
Having tried out the Capital Conquest, I have to say the Online Multiplayer is awesome. I've already unlock Mobius 1's paintjob & callsign in my first full mission, completely obliterated the enemy HQ in my B-1B. :lol:

Only 2 problems I see right now. 1st, no one's on. And 2nd, where do I change/customize my paintjob at?

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
bookworm I would say it is still worth getting. I haven't tried any of the online but will this weekend with the BAF. Though this game isn't impressing me, I still plan on keeping it for the online aspect. If that's where the real fun is then by all means it's worth it.

Mael Radec

Mael Radec

# 00

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts
  • Squad:STFS "PHOENIX"
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
I love this game but like murceliego EX i want the PAK FA!!

ALso NO FREE FLIGHT :(:(:(

Also how to get Akula's paint scheme

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
The lack of free flight troubles me too,unless it's unlocked after you complete the entire game. But since you can unlock Free mission I figured it might be same with free flight.

Edited by Tomcatter 503, 11 October 2011 - 08:34 PM.

ACAce23

ACAce23

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Members
  • 6,704 posts
Never saw the point of free flight in the first place, no big loss for me then.

ShiniKaze

ShiniKaze

Shadow #9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Squad:Shadow
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle
I started on elite, Im having fun but that was the biggest mistake of my life, I am now too far in to change difficulty

Demon Lord Razgriz

Demon Lord Razgriz

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
Having further played with the Multiplayer, I've found a serious issue.

There are many times when I see a player's aircraft just hanging in the air, not moving. Fire on it, nothing happens. Then you get later get shot down on the other side of map, and it shows that same plane hanging in the air on the other side of the map. Thus it's logically to assume that's how lagging works on ACAH.

It's seriously annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users