Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ISAF small arms.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

If he were in a unit for ISAF, don't you think he'd, i dunno, have a few guys with him? Most likely scenario is that hes just there, fighting for no one but himself (as the epilogue suggests). Since the Ak is a symbol of underground/guerilla/terrorist organisations due to its availability, is likely that this is the case.

Since ISAF are technologically Western aligned in their preferred aircraft, it would make sense that they'd be using a range of M4/M16 varients, no?

The West has supplied "guerilla" weapons before in the real world, and Pixy's AKM could've been picked up off a dead enemy.

As for Pixy being aligned with ISAF, I can confirm he is definitely working for them in the last cutscene of ACZ, as an adviser or otherwise. Aces at War has the concept art of Pixy's interview showing him wearing an ISAF hoodie.

ACAce23

ACAce23

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Members
  • 6,704 posts

The West has supplied "guerilla" weapons before in the real world, and Pixy's AKM could've been picked up off a dead enemy.

I know...whats your point? It doesn't remove the fact that the AK is a symbol for underground resistance movements.

As for Pixy being aligned with ISAF, I can confirm he is definitely working for them in the last cutscene of ACZ, as an adviser or otherwise. Aces at War has the concept art of Pixy's interview showing him wearing an ISAF hoodie.

Mind getting a scan of that?

Valk

Valk

• Banned
  • 4,758 posts

I know...whats your point? It doesn't remove the fact that the AK is a symbol for underground resistance movements.

Mind getting a scan of that?

I'd be willing to upload the whole thing here if the mods are ok with it. In the meantime...

From Chapter 4, Man at War:

Posted Image

ACAce23

ACAce23

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Members
  • 6,704 posts
Ah ok, interesting find. Course it is a concept but....OOOH (!idea!), does it happen to have a render of the dove sitting on top of the Helmet you see in the Zero trailers at the end?

Valk

Valk

• Banned
  • 4,758 posts

Ah ok, interesting find. Course it is a concept but....OOOH (!idea!), does it happen to have a render of the dove sitting on top of the Helmet you see in the Zero trailers at the end?

Closest I could find. Before anyone asks, I already looked over the AC4 stuff really fast and while concept art shows Erusians using AKs, there's nothing showing ISAF ground forces.

Posted Image

ACAce23

ACAce23

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Members
  • 6,704 posts
Argh damn, oh well thanks for looking anyways. Would LOVE to have that book :P

red_river23

red_river23

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
ISAF small arms are probably the usual m4/16s or probably generic movie prop ARs like the Russian soldier in the Moscow cut scene in AH i dunno

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
I personally thought he was a member of a local militia, given his garb.

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
If I remember correctly. in one of the AC4 cutsecnes, their are soldiers laying down in a prone position with m16s.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
You don`t mean that black and white photograph from the opening sequence of AC5, do you? Because that certainly fits what you described.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
I was thinking about that one too.

Devildog Cipher

Devildog Cipher

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

You don`t mean that black and white photograph from the opening sequence of AC5, do you? Because that certainly fits what you described.

That's exactly what I ment. Ha.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
Well, that`s a shame, because they`re not members of ISAF.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Those are Osean soldiers, IIRC.

Galm118

Galm118

That guy

• Members
  • 5,952 posts

Is Aces at War only in Japane? I saw that it was a preorder bonus but... I hope they release it i nEnglish too.

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

Silverstar of the Golden Altar (sounds cool eh?)

• Members
  • 4,193 posts
AK are everywhere, and every army worth something is trained to used them due to their commonality, I mean, it is safe to assume that type of commonality with weapons continues in AC seeing how they have M-16s and our jets in their world.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Sorry for "necroquote"

Doesn't at the Pixy's interview can be seen an ISAF flag?

And IIRC, The Eruseans appeared carrying AKs in the cutscene when the boy was talking how the took San Salvacion.

SlyCooperFan1

SlyCooperFan1

Acepedia Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Doesn't at the Pixy's interview can be seen an ISAF flag?

And IIRC, The Eruseans Erusians appeared carrying AKs in the cutscene when the boy was talking how the took San Salvacion.

This has already been confirmed; you should have read through the rest of the thread before asking that again. :P Yes, it was an ISAF flag.

The Erusians didn't show any weapons in hand in the first cutscene he speaks in (before Mission 1). I don't recall any other cutscene with troops (except with that one military crossing guard in the next cutscene).

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

This has already been confirmed; you should have read through the rest of the thread before asking that again. :P Yes, it was an ISAF flag.

The Erusians didn't show any weapons in hand in the first cutscene he speaks in (before Mission 1). I don't recall any other cutscene with troops (except with that one military crossing guard in the next cutscene).

Oh yeah, that's the one I'm talking about.

SlyCooperFan1

SlyCooperFan1

Acepedia Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Oh yeah, that's the one I'm talking about.

I just saw it again. We don't get any clear shots of any hand weapons; there's only two shots, one while the soldiers are marching (we don't get to see any weapons clearly) and while an MP was on a sidewalk directing traffic (his gun is slung over his shoulder on the other side of the way we're facing him, and we don't get enough of the weapon to identify it).