Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ISAF small arms.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

jayhawk1

jayhawk1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
It seems as if they use Ak-47s beacause at the end of ACZ Pixy is fighting for them and holding one. any objections?

Constellation

Constellation

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
There is no evidence to suggest that he is fighting for ISAF.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,178 posts
If AKs exist in the Strangereal world, then I'm guessing ISAF has some for the same reason that everybody has at least a few AKs. But there's no direct evidence for anything, except the generic hand grenade that Altman was told to use at Megalith.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
I agree with Constellation and Kono. Gun make and/or model are not specified in the game, and who knows which continent Pixy was even on?

I recall Allied ground forces mentioning they had rifles and anti-tank mines during Whiskey Corridor, and stinger missiles and bayonets were also used during Operation Bunker Shot. Mounted bayonets, to be specific.

Edited by Oka_Nieba, 05 October 2011 - 04:21 PM.

jayhawk1

jayhawk1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
in the final cut seen there is an isaf flag and Ak-47s have mounted bayonets.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
I'll agree that there is a blue flag on top of a building in the final ACZ cutscene. Can anyone else confirm the design?

I'm sure there are a lot of guns that can have bayonets mounted on them. Who knows, maybe Pixy's still working as a mercanary and he brought his own gun. Maybe he's finally become a soldier and it's standard issue. We can't know for sure.

RazgrizRogue

RazgrizRogue

HAHA STUPID NEEEEEERDS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

I'll agree that there is a blue flag on top of a building in the final ACZ cutscene. Can anyone else confirm the design?

I'm sure there are a lot of guns that can have bayonets mounted on them. Who knows, maybe Pixy's still working as a mercanary and he brought his own gun. Maybe he's finally become a soldier and it's standard issue. We can't know for sure.

You need to look harder, it is clearly marked with the ISAF delta and "ISAF" underneath

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Yeah, I do. It's ISAF.

Strike Commander

Strike Commander

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
For some reason, i've always assumed that the war Pixy was fighting at the end, was actually some localized sectarian conflict that broke out after the end of the main war with Erusea. But I may be wrong.

-can anyone remember the specific date of his interview? Was it before or after Erusea surrendered?

Edited by Strike Commander, 05 October 2011 - 07:34 PM.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

For some reason, i've always assumed that the war Pixy was fighting at the end, was actually some localized sectarian conflict that broke out after the end of the main war with Erusea. But I may be wrong.

-can anyone remember the specific date of his interview? Was it before or after Erusea surrendered?

Finally battle happened in Dec. 31, 1995

The interview says and I quote

The Usea Continent : Delarus
25 NOV., 2005

Strike Commander

Strike Commander

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Finally battle happened in Dec. 31, 1995

I was refering to the war in Ace Combat 04. I thought it was sometime in September 2005.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts

You need to look harder, it is clearly marked with the ISAF delta and "ISAF" underneath

My A/V cord is in really bad shape right now, so it's pretty hard to read anything, and the videos on youtube are too low quality for me to see.

The Usean Continental War did extend from September 2004 to September 2005. As such. Pixy could not have been participating in the main war of AC04. It seemed to me like he was engaged in a simple turf battle, but that's just my take on things.

Edited by Oka_Nieba, 05 October 2011 - 10:19 PM.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

I was refering to the war in Ace Combat 04. I thought it was sometime in September 2005.

My bad. been too long since I last played. But AC4's first mission was Sept. 19th, 2004. Last mission being on Sept. 26th 2005

Neko_Len

Neko_Len

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
If i am remembering the cutscenes from the correctly, it showed M16A1's or was that 5?

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
To my knowledge, the only small arms we ever see in AC5 are:
Cutscene after Mission 15, White Noise: Nagase's pistol
Cutscene after Mission 18+, 8492: Perrault's pistol, Nagase's pistol again, an Osean soldier's assault rifle

In ACZ, the only small arm I can remember is Pixy's cloth-wrapped assault rifle, seen in his interview with the nameless journalist. The outside footage in the interview video suggests that Pixy may be fighting for ISAF, possibly as an ISAF soldier.

I can't identify guns by sight myself.

jayhawk1

jayhawk1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
you might be right a of him beinga mercenary, but the ISAF is like NATO and might have a diversity of guns.

Georgia Ace

Georgia Ace

New and improved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

My bad. been too long since I last played. But AC4's first mission was Sept. 19th, 2004. Last mission being on Sept. 26th 2005

Also the war had apparently started a year earlier.

Mr. P

Mr. P

Guess who's back?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
Pixy's rifle is clearly a Kalashnikov. Now if it's standard rifle of ISAF we'll never know.

Edited by Mr. P, 06 October 2011 - 05:27 PM.

ACAce23

ACAce23

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Members
  • 6,704 posts
If he were in a unit for ISAF, don't you think he'd, i dunno, have a few guys with him? Most likely scenario is that hes just there, fighting for no one but himself (as the epilogue suggests). Since the Ak is a symbol of underground/guerilla/terrorist organisations due to its availability, is likely that this is the case.

Since ISAF are technologically Western aligned in their preferred aircraft, it would make sense that they'd be using a range of M4/M16 varients, no?

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

To my knowledge, the only small arms we ever see in AC5 are:
Cutscene after Mission 15, White Noise: Nagase's pistol
Cutscene after Mission 18+, 8492: Perrault's pistol, Nagase's pistol again, an Osean soldier's assault rifle

In ACZ, the only small arm I can remember is Pixy's cloth-wrapped assault rifle, seen in his interview with the nameless journalist. The outside footage in the interview video suggests that Pixy may be fighting for ISAF, possibly as an ISAF soldier.

I can't identify guns by sight myself.

Then again, that outside shot could've been the 'other side' of the battle line and Pixy isn't on the same side as the flag.

And I believe the "nameless journalist" is Brett Thompson.