Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Downloadable Content

• Please log in to reply
1969 replies to this topic

blazenblue

blazenblue

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Squad:will be making a squadron once ah is released
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

I knew those money grubbing bastards would try something like this.

Namco can go die in a fire for all I care. If this is more than 800 MSPs they will have gone the route of Call of Duty, no question.

I don't know how much 800 msp is but I'm thinking it'll cost 10-15 bucks on ps3. Which is okay. DLC's only purpose is to make money after all. You always have the option to not buy it.
We're not talking about skins but complete planes with hopefully 3-6 skins per plane. So I think 15 bucks is okay. Maybe even 20.

Truemac

Truemac

That one dude who loves Momiji a bit too much.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt
I'm thinking Cayce, among others, is more upset with the fact that they're releasing the DLC the day the game comes out, rather than the fact that there's DLC at all.

Trent Kama

Trent Kama

ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

I'm thinking Cayce, among others, is more upset with the fact that they're releasing the DLC the day the game comes out, rather than the fact that there's DLC at all.

I'm pretty sure the only Day-1 DLC is the Phantom & Death Rider. Did they give us a release date for these packs?

Edited by Trent Kama, 26 September 2011 - 10:14 AM.

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

I don't know how much 800 msp is but I'm thinking it'll cost 10-15 bucks on ps3. Which is okay. DLC's only purpose is to make money after all. You always have the option to not buy it.
We're not talking about skins but complete planes with hopefully 3-6 skins per plane. So I think 15 bucks is okay. Maybe even 20.

Jesus...

You are part of the problem. This DLC was announced before the game even hit shelves and here you are, buttcheeks wide open, willing to take it from the greedy dick of capitalism.

Seriously, DLC is cancer. If they were putting these planes in the game, they should be on the disc. Simple as that. The fact that I have to pay $65 for a game, and THEN on top of that $10 for another 6 planes is highway robbery.

ESPECIALLY in this game with the way its PR has been handled.

Sneep

Sneep

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle
Congrats Drawfag, it's looking awesome. Any comment on how it feels to see your creation in the official screenshots?

SG-17

SG-17

Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Squad:F.E.A.F.
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

What the hell? There is no way that DLC should cost more than $10 unless it has something fully substantial in it. $15 is a separate game. Plane packs like this shouldn't cost more than $6, and if HAWX is any indication they won't.

Activision cheats it customers by selling 5 maps for $15, Electronic Arts gets seriously close to cheating its customers, but luckily most of their stuff, like Battlefield 1943 and BC2 Vietnam are reasonably priced for the content delivered. Rockstar is the model that every developer should follow for game support and DLC. Regular patching to fix issues, substantial DLC for $10 and substantial free DLC.

Edited by SG-17, 26 September 2011 - 10:25 AM.

Inquisitor

Inquisitor

Rookie

• Members
  • 33 posts

The Chinese (cause it's in kanji) translation for the ASF-X is (to the best of my language) "Shaking Electricity".

._____.

Lightning?

Thunder?

Idunno.

Actually the name of the plane is ASF-X Shinden II as confirmed in the facebook update, and it's a reference to the Kyushu J7W Shinden prototype from WWII. And if you translated the name it would be "magnificent lightning".

Also on the facebook album they had a pic with the a set of weapon bays on each side of the intakes opened.
Posted Image

On the other hand looking at this pick got me thinking. Here's a edited image with my notes. There might be a second set of bays right them behind too. They might be the Main Landing Gear Bays, but the door shape looks more like a second set of Weapon Bays though. Also the underside hints at it having a Lift Fan for VTOL.

Posted Image

Edited by Inquisitor, 26 September 2011 - 10:50 AM.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767
That's right! In my excitement I forgot that they announced DLC before the game has been released!

>_> God damn it, Namco.

Homuhomu

Homuhomu

Project Aces is my waifu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

Congrats Drawfag, it's looking awesome. Any comment on how it feels to see your creation in the official screenshots?

Probably have to say that PA's texture artist's attention to details is ridiculously good it's not even funny.

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force/ Funky Squadron
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
Nice work once again Drawfag ^^ and hurray more planes. Glad to see the Nossy back too. Never really flew it much but still, its nostalgic for strangereal purposes, and it seems the Harrier finally got to be in an Ace Combat game as a flyable plane ^^.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Squad:Lancers.
guys plz stop about the DLC, if you can't pay it piratebay didn't exist just for nothing ya know :/

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
Are you dumb?

Because I think you are.

Pirate Bay for Xbox 360 content? Really?

kuroi

kuroi

Clockup Flowers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Squad:SMS
  • Plane:T-50 PAK-FA

Seriously, DLC is cancer. If they were putting these planes in the game, they should be on the disc. Simple as that. The fact that I have to pay $65 for a game, and THEN on top of that $10 for another 6 planes is highway robbery.

You do have to admit this is better than AC6's DLC, which was friggin' paintschemes. Sure, some of those were cool, but still... that was ridiculous.

I wouldn't lie though, I would feel disappointed if they were already on the game disc, but simply required an unlock key to get them. :/

blazenblue

blazenblue

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Squad:will be making a squadron once ah is released

Jesus...

You are part of the problem. This DLC was announced before the game even hit shelves and here you are, buttcheeks wide open, willing to take it from the greedy dick of capitalism.

ESPECIALLY in this game with the way its PR has been handled.

Don't be so dramatic, you sound like a chick :P if you can't afford it or think it's too much, don't buy it. It's that simple. For whatever price it'll be I'll get my money worth no matter what. I'd pay 10 bucks just for the terminator. I'll fly that one the most so to me it's worth it.

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
This is an improvement over AC6, but honestly, they're going to be more expensive. And they should have been on the disc to begin with. So yeah we're getting more, but at what cost?

They easily could have put these on the disc to begin with. BECAUSE THEY ANNOUNCED THEM 3 WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE!

HawkerKestrel

HawkerKestrel

Sukhoi Conga Line!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
  • Plane:B-52H Superfortress
Maybe they needed to save space on the disc?

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
No, that's not possible. If that were the case (which it's not) the DLC would be free. Or they'd do what Battlefield did and split it up into 2 discs for Single player and Multiplayer.

Matzke

Matzke

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle
Well.... it's not as bad as paying for a higher difficulty. I'll probably end up buying it, but I won't be happy about it.

SG-17

SG-17

Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Squad:F.E.A.F.
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

This is an improvement over AC6, but honestly, they're going to be more expensive. And they should have been on the disc to begin with. So yeah we're getting more, but at what cost?

They easily could have put these on the disc to begin with. BECAUSE THEY ANNOUNCED THEM 3 WEEKS BEFORE RELEASE!

It depends on when they finished modelling and animating them. If they only did it recently (IE in the last week, or haven't finished yet) then no, they could not be on the disc since the game has already gone gold.

I still hate charged Day One DLC however. I'll be less angry if they are a reasonable price, IE $5 or (preferably) less, but if its the shitty standard DLC price of $10, I'll rage. Especially since we are only getting planes and copypasta MP maps from the campaign.

Truemac

Truemac

That one dude who loves Momiji a bit too much.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt
I'm thinking the DLC isn't finished yet. They're only showing pics of a few of the planes.

Also, did anyone else catch that we also get Tokyo as DLC? (Ninja'd by SG-17)

Edited by Truemac, 26 September 2011 - 12:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users