Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hackers in ACJA?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
I was playing online co-op and I was using Varcolac, my partner was using Cariburn. I had LSWM (LWSM?) equipped, but what's odd is that my partner was firing them too.

But Cariburn doesn't have that weapon... only Fenrir and Varcolac do...
you know the saying.... "Chocolate ants don't crawl"

Was this player hacking, or is there just a trick to equip any weapon on a plane? Or maybe I was just mistaken? (It was Desert Gust, joint assault version, after all... so maybe it was a missile launch? seems really dumb of me if that was the case...)

On that note, I've seen users mention a "retry trick" so that you can equip the same weapon twice. How do you do this?

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
Har.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,903 posts
Fortunately, hackers are a rare sight in JA (I would say PSP games, but Dissidia is plagued by it). But they do exist.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
as far as the newest cheat code there's nothing that can do that

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
I've seen a Varcolac hacker before in Multiplayer. I was following him, and when I fired at him, he fired off way too many IRCMs. There should've been only one ball, but there were at least 10.

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
IRCM's are actually visisble? I had no idea...

I don't think I even bother trying them yet. (thought about it though, just to test them) But it sucks that you can't even see them since you fire them backwards.

also, with weapons like IRCM (and the other one) I always thought they should fire automatically when you switch to it. (I.e. switching weapon doesn't switch weapon, instead it just fires one.)

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

I've seen a Varcolac hacker before in Multiplayer. I was following him, and when I fired at him, he fired off way too many IRCMs. There should've been only one ball, but there were at least 10.

1. Rapid fire cheat
2. infinite ammo!!1one11!!

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
ok I tried IRCM's while in Fregata and you can see it when you fire it, and when you look back.

Not sure on its effectiveness, or whether it can be used to help allies, but it looks kewl! You can only fire one at a time though.

Xpand

Xpand

DUN DUN DUUUN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

as far as the newest cheat code there's nothing that can do that

Why the f*ck do developers still add those to their games!?

Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

CAN'T DED THE FISHBED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

JA doesn't have built-in cheats. He's referring to hacking.

ICEYOUCOLD

ICEYOUCOLD

Permabanned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Hey, games like Saints row and GTA need those lol

Edited by ICEYOUCOLD, 30 June 2011 - 09:27 PM.

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
by the way, about IRCMs,

ACX had a weapon like that (some anti-lockon weapon) and these are in ACJA too. (so ACJA has two "anti-missile" weapons)
But I always assumed they did was IRCM's are supposed to do.
So apparently they do something else entirely. (prevent a missile from being fired at you, rather than disrupting the lock on of an already fired missile?)
In any case I found them not very effective, and clunky to use. (you have to switch weapon, fire, then switch back, and it lasts like what, 5 seconds)

Xpand

Xpand

DUN DUN DUUUN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

JA doesn't have built-in cheats. He's referring to hacking.

I swear I saw "infinite ammo"... That has to be built in, or else the game would not recognize that command...

Edited by Xpand, 01 July 2011 - 05:32 AM.

kia256

kia256

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I swear I saw "infinite ammo"... That has to be built in, or else the game would not recognize that command...

Nah man. You just need to freeze the variable for the weapon count so it wouldn't go down after each shot.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
In VS multiplayer, infinite ammo IS in fact an option you can use. I've used it before. When the only thing dependent on victory is how many lives you have left, it sets you up for a LONG battle ahead of you.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

it's the cheat code dev team

In VS multiplayer, infinite ammo IS in fact an option you can use. I've used it before. When the only thing dependent on victory is how many lives you have left, it sets you up for a LONG battle ahead of you.

0_0 really?

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
say can IRCM's damage enemies? After all they damage you when the Spiridus uses them.
It's chip damage and not likely to make a difference, but still hilarious.

mobius_br

mobius_br

Noob

• Members
  • 5 posts
Apparently no one has seen something that happened to me.
Has anyone ever seen a Boeing 767
launching a LSWM ???

-=cipher*rei=-

-=cipher*rei=-

I hope I didn't brain my damage...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

by the way, about IRCMs,

ACX had a weapon like that (some anti-lockon weapon) and these are in ACJA too. (so ACJA has two "anti-missile" weapons)
But I always assumed they did was IRCM's are supposed to do.
So apparently they do something else entirely. (prevent a missile from being fired at you, rather than disrupting the lock on of an already fired missile?)
In any case I found them not very effective, and clunky to use. (you have to switch weapon, fire, then switch back, and it lasts like what, 5 seconds)

hey AFAIK Fenrir ECMS tunes does that..

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Apparently no one has seen something that happened to me.
Has anyone ever seen a Boeing 767
launching a LSWM ???

Yeah. For whatever reason, a 767 is equipped by default with LSWM, but it takes an Infinite Ammo cheat to figure this out.