Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Mission 8492

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

supasaul

supasaul

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts
Has anyone figured out the way to destroy nearly all the 8492 squadron on the mission "8492"? I have figured out a way it its freaking awesome! What is your strategy to defeat all the planes(including the E-767 jammers) in ACE mode and without using the Falken

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
use some XMAA/XLAA plane, it have to be highly movil, good speed and defense (defense doesn't matter, cuz is Ace modePosted Image), and FIRST destroy the jammers, after you can destroy the other planes

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
Skills, that's it. This is just another dogfight, with you being severely outnumbered and outgunned, hit and run would be the best strategy you can use, as for the E-747s, just keep cycling through the targets until you find them, going to a high altitude would make it easier.

@Chopper: SAAMs would be a better choice, since you're trying to stay away from them.

Edited by Gracidia, 19 May 2011 - 06:08 PM.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
@Gracidia: it is some hard, cuz the belkan fighters are firing missiles every time, the missile alerts make you mad!!!!

supasaul

supasaul

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts
Cool! well Ima try to post up a video of showing yall how i did it ;) This is probably the only mission where really felt a challenge of dogfighting since the Yellow squadron thats why this is my favorite mission it reminds me of AC4 The mission "Shattered Skies" and "Megalith"

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Cool! well Ima try to post up a video of showing yall how i did it ;) This is probably the only mission where really felt a challenge of dogfighting since the Yellow squadron thats why this is my favorite mission it reminds me of AC4 The mission "Shattered Skies" and "Megalith"

Well, before you get too excited, you might want to hit up YouTube and check out their videos of "8492".

Kinda make sure this wasn't done, like, 6 years ago? :huh:

Nugget

Nugget

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
My strategy in the mission is this:

1. (Like what Choper15 said): Go with a XMAA / XLAA plane. My choice, F-22A Raptor.

2. When the mission really begins: Go low and into the mountain's when the long range missles are being fired at you. They will explode when they hit the mountains. :P

3. Fire the first round of 4 XMAA's / XLAA's at the planes. Make sure one is going to the E-767 Jammer.

4. From their, stay a bit high in altitude, have a high speed going, and then just dogfight.

5. Try to avoid any head on attacks. If you come to this, fire your missile and pull up fast right as you lock on.

6. DO NOT IGORE MISSILE WARNINGS!!! Weave off the missile.

7. If you have planes on your tail, dive into and fly between the mountain's. You will lose them. ;)

The mission "8492" is beatable. I got a score of 33,440 in Ace Mode. I didn't use the Falken.

Edited by Nugget, 05 July 2011 - 12:50 PM.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

My strategy in the mission is this:

1. (Like what Choper15 said): Go with a XMAA / XLAA plane. My choice, F-22A Raptor.

2. When the mission really begins: Go low and into the mountain's when the long range missles are being fired at you. They will explode when they hit the mountains. :P

3. Fire the first round of 4 XMAA's / XLAA's at the planes. Make sure one is going to the E-767 Jammer.

4. From their, stay a bit high in altitude, have a high speed going, and then just dogfight.

5. Try to avoid any head on attacks. If you come to this, fire your missile and pull up fast right as you lock on.

6. DO NOT IGORE MISSILE WARNINGS!!! Weave off the missile.

7. If you have planes on your tail, dive into and fly between the mountain's. You will lose them. ;)

The mission "8492" is beatable. I got a score of 33,440 in Ace Mode. I didn't use the Falken.

Cool, but you know that this thread is dead, and now, I use a plane with QAAMs, at least for the jammers, and win 2 times

MashedPotatoes

MashedPotatoes

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
My strategy is to dodge their missiles and hit them with mine.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
^Hilarious.

I just tried the mission in the F-117A because I figured it would be the worst possible plane for the job. I was wrong. It only took me two tries to take them all down on Ace difficulty. I must admit, it is surprisingly maneuverable and quick to respond. I actually managed to slowly out turn the planes on my tail.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

My strategy is to dodge their missiles and hit them with mine.

:lol:That's the thing that one have to do EVERYTIME :D
I tried to do that mission within a F-5E, but always I get shot down in the last enemy wave :(

DRAGONWING

DRAGONWING

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts
my strategy is to fly trough the mountains in my beutiful F-14 and when you go under the E-747 pull straight up arm secondary and fire then go back down for another game of fallow the leader

Ofnir Leader

Ofnir Leader

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
Just outmanuveur them...then blow them to shi*.

nytfox7

nytfox7

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Just outmanuveur them...then blow them to shi*.

Works every time. :D

(Funny, I don't recall Ofnir flying F-15S/MTDs? :huh: )

Edited by nytfox7, 08 August 2011 - 03:09 PM.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

You obviously never played ACZ then..

BlackhoundOne

BlackhoundOne

Velocitas Eradico

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

You obviously never played ACZ then..

Don't you mean AC5?
Also, he's probably talking about the Su-47s that intercept you. They could easily be mistaken for Ofnir.

Mr. P

Mr. P

Guess who's back?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Don't you mean AC5?
Also, he's probably talking about the Su-47s that intercept you. They could easily be mistaken for Ofnir.

He said that because in ACZ mission 10, you engage at an Ofnir F-15S/MTD.

Edited by Mr. P, 09 August 2011 - 08:47 PM.

BlackhoundOne

BlackhoundOne

Velocitas Eradico

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

He said that because in ACZ mission 10, you engage at an Ofnir F-15S/MTD.

Huh, I don't think I ever saw that.

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

Silverstar of the Golden Altar (sounds cool eh?)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts

Huh, I don't think I ever saw that.

Depends, were you playing on mercenary, soldier or knight?

Ofnir Leader

Ofnir Leader

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Works every time. :D

Brooo.....you are one crazy person. xD