Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

S Rank Guide

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II
On second thought targeting can be triangle button, and guns would be square button.

or targeting is X button (NICE) and guns are square button.

Also I realized a problem, yawing is still needed for Falken lasering.
But maybe that's not important, because Falken laser is cheating, and thus by extension anything that makes it easier to use is cheating.
Yawing is needed for refeuling and landing however, but for that, mapping it to the nub/dpad might be enough.

If only there was a way to toggle yaw/trim or have a walk button of sorts where while holding L (for example) any movement you do is yaw/trim.
Or press L to switch to yaw/trim mode then press L to regain full maneuvering capability.

Also, is there a way, to have a button do two things at once?
for instance, if I have radar mapped to nub-right, and yaw right mapped to nub-right, well that's just perfect.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but it's just that I suddenly got these ideas.

i still need to unlock stuff :/

such as

Edited by rockshard, 18 September 2011 - 04:52 PM.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Squad:Lancers.
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

On second thought targeting can be triangle button, and guns would be square button.

or targeting is X button (NICE) and guns are square button.

Also I realized a problem, yawing is still needed for Falken lasering.
But maybe that's not important, because Falken laser is cheating, and thus by extension anything that makes it easier to use is cheating.
Yawing is needed for refeuling and landing however, but for that, mapping it to the nub/dpad might be enough.

If only there was a way to toggle yaw/trim or have a walk button of sorts where while holding L (for example) any movement you do is yaw/trim.
Or press L to switch to yaw/trim mode then press L to regain full maneuvering capability.

Also, is there a way, to have a button do two things at once?
for instance, if I have radar mapped to nub-right, and yaw right mapped to nub-right, well that's just perfect.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this, but it's just that I suddenly got these ideas.

such as

connect ur ps3 controller to ur psp [/troll]

@orcagirl

I unlocked all plane/part/emblem months ago

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Squad:N/A -- I fly solo
does anyone know if theres a contol so that you may switch the view when ur in flight???

if there is, then thats great for bombing missions. (HUD view)

if not, oh well.....

Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Squad:345th Tactical Fighter Squadron
  • Plane:Yak-141 Freestyle

I unlocked all plane/part/emblem months ago

But you risk messing up your TAC name with that...

Skyblade1124

Skyblade1124

Rookie

• Members
  • 29 posts

does anyone know if theres a contol so that you may switch the view when ur in flight???

if there is, then thats great for bombing missions. (HUD view)

if not, oh well.....

Well, you have to auto pilot, then press the select button, that will switch your views but you will not be able to move your aircraft due to your being in autopilot mode.

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
correct
In other words press select while holding L + R

I like that this works regardless of how you mapped your controls. (i.e. holding L + R is autopilot no matter what)
Also if you use the nub, this moves the camera around.

You can try pressing other buttons while holding L + R, they do different things, such as camera locking on to other players (in co-op) or allied AI units.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
hey, thanks thats really helpful!!! :D now I can switch view and bomb the crap outta the balaur... thanks!!

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
I was thinking how elegant my new control scheme idea is, when I realized it's basically just the default control scheme with one change. -___-

One thing I considered though, is what if X button camera makes it harder to use missiles and camera? I mean on PS2 controller I press O while holding triangle, and this works well.. who knows maybe pressing O while holding down X is actually harder. Probably not an issue, but it's possible.

Though I realized a real problem. Although I can camera and bullets at the same time, or camera and missiles at the same time... I can't missiles and bullets at the same time! (but is this bad? .. actually wait yes it is bad. for Sulejmani, not to mention, obviously, any heavy ground target such as Balaur)

One solution is, what if I mapped bullets to two buttons. That way I can press either button depending on whether I'm using camera or missiles.
This may need testing though, because the initial concept (Wipeout logic - pressing either square or O while holding X) is something I remember being more cumbersome than it sounds. 2 buttons are great (e.g. shooting missiles while holding down camera) but 3's a crowd. Maybe not a problem though because nobody's forcing me to hold down the camera button, I can just let go and then hold it down again to switch from missiles to guns (and vice versa) or from missiles to both missiles and guns. But not so elegant anymore.

edit: oh it just occurred to me I can support both default controls and my crazy experiments.

Triangle - camera
O - missiles
X - guns
square - guns

nobody says I have to use square button for guns, it's just there as an option. Posted Image

Edited by rockshard, 20 September 2011 - 07:00 PM.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Squad:Lancers.

But you risk messing up your TAC name with that...

but my tac name is still the same lol?

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
no idea what he means by messing up your TAC name

Anyway I wish AC games let you start over but still earn money for your main save.
AC4, AC Zero, ACX, ACJA... these are all the games I've wanted to this with.
Thing is with ACJA is that you've never earned enough money, so starting over is shooting yourself in the foot.
On the other hand, it has so many planes, so you can just sell the ones you don't plan to use anymore.
Same with weapons, you can just ignore many of the missile types. (except maybe 1200m HACMs for Ace of Aces)

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Plane:XFA-24A Apalis

no idea what he means by messing up your TAC name

He has hacks that unlock stuff automatically for him. Using them runs the risk of corrupting his TAC name and causing problems for online players.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
hey does anyone have this problem:

you play joint assault, works perfectly fine

then......

the bgm doesn't work, and neither does the audio for the voice of burford and others

Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
That's probably because of your CFW version (if your PSP is CFW'ed). You'll need to update to version 5.00 or better.

That happened to me too, I had version 4.00 and I could play fine, except for the BGM and speeches, which I couldn't hear until I upgraded my CFW.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
no, i upgraded to cfw 6.33 or 6.37 idk, but it said it wasnt stable. first time i installed it, my save data for joint assault got deleted... btw, does anyone know what emblems 109 and 110 are?

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

no, i upgraded to cfw 6.33 or 6.37 idk, but it said it wasnt stable. first time i installed it, my save data for joint assault got deleted... btw, does anyone know what emblems 109 and 110 are?

Just quit JA turn off ur psp but it back in then turn the psp on load JA and u should be fime! yeh it happend to me that burford and CO stop speaking so yeh hope it helps!!x

Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
Emblems 109 and 110 are Aquila and Erusea respectively.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
ok, sorry i meant emblems 102 and 103. thanks, orca :)

mintyace

mintyace

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
102 & 103 are scarface & UPEO :D

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members