Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Prepping For Ac:ah

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW The Lancers
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II

Please do elaborate on why we're participating in that competetion then.

I didn't know we were dead,
however that's sort of funny cause I'm fairly certain I am not the only active lancer

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Because apparently last week = "back in the day" lol

Though that still didn't answer the question.

Sorry, not our job to provide history updates.

Your job to catch up on your reading. B)

Raef

Raef

Embrace the shit- be the shit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • Squad:School of Hard-Cocks
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

however that's sort of funny cause I'm fairly certain I am not the only active lancer

You're not, but when referring to activity its done in relativity to other squads. Lets have a look-see:

-Lancers (at least when I was there around this time last year): At least 40 members, functioning online division, etc.
-Lacers now (from what I gather): 3, maybe four original members, no online division, maybe 10 strong at best
-Belkan Air Force (now): 40+ members, 20-strong Online division, majority multi-platform squadron (both legacy and online capable)
-Sins & Saints (at strongest point, going on what Sinner told me): 100+ members, all online, some inactive from time to time
-Sins & Saints (now, and re-climbing): 40+ members, all online, some inactive but returning due to AH.
-Freelance Alliance (now): 15 members, all online and bi-winning like always
-9th Air Division (now): 30 strong, all online in one or more platforms
-Aeolus: Give or take 20 strong, most if not all online
-156th TFW "Aquila": Another SWAG, maybe 15-25 strong, all legacy and the most substatial portion of the legacy community.
-Reaper Two-Six: Excuse me if I am unfamiliar with, they're kinda new here.
-UPEO (now): Maybe 10 strong, majority legacy
-The Farce (now): Am I wrong in stating under 10, partial online and legacy?

(Sorry to whomevers figures I butchered, not really the point lol)

See the trend? Legacy has been a slowly dying trend that needs to be revived. So either something is done by squads to whoop their legacy players into action or its going to continue to fall to nothing. Because I will admit that I don't look at a legacy player the same way I do at an online player. Why? Because too many legacy players don't do anything of significant note. So let's do something about it.

Edited by Raef, 14 April 2011 - 09:34 AM.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack

*cough* You're a lancer? Never seen you active besides the first few weeks.
/sarcasm

@Raef: 1 original member left, most of our good players are gone now because of rl stuff, I'm back temporarily to compete in that new legacy competition. Online division is active, but not exactly a team. To be honest, we're like a glorified UPEO with a tad bit more activity.

Edited by Gracidia, 14 April 2011 - 12:50 PM.

Raef

Raef

Embrace the shit- be the shit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • Squad:School of Hard-Cocks
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

@Raef: 1 original member left, most of our good players are gone now because of rl stuff, I'm back temporarily to compete in that new legacy competition. Online division is active, but not exactly a team. To be honest, we're like a glorified UPEO with a tad bit more activity.

KingKn (one), befit (two), Aqua (three), and Dragonheart (FOUR). Plus Galm 3 if he's active.

Who is the online division CO?

Either way, pissing contest done. Want to continue hit me up in PM or comment. Basically, get active. thats how we fix ourselves for AC:AH.

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

*cough* You're a lancer? Never seen you active besides the first few weeks.
/sarcasm

yeah I know but I have had an absolute load of exams
it was well worth it too
got an A*
awwww yeahh

Edited by Andy To The Sky, 14 April 2011 - 06:36 PM.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack

KingKn (one), befit (two), Aqua (three), and Dragonheart (FOUR). Plus Galm 3 if he's active.

Who is the online division CO?

Either way, pissing contest done. Want to continue hit me up in PM or comment. Basically, get active. thats how we fix ourselves for AC:AH.

Lesee here... Right.
KingKn (Online CO) Active at times.
befit - Gone
Aqua - Gone
Dragonheart (Current Lancers CO) Active, uh... Somewhat.
Galm 3 - was back for a few days, then gone again, thank god.

Sorry, I've no idea what you're talkin' about, further elaboration please?

Andy To The Sky

Andy To The Sky

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Lesee here... Right.
KingKn (Online CO) Active at times.
befit - Gone
Aqua - Gone
Dragonheart (Current Lancers CO) Active, uh... Somewhat.
Galm 3 - was back for a few days, then gone again, thank god.

Sorry, I've no idea what you're talkin' about, further elaboration please?

whose Galm 3?

xTerminator13x

xTerminator13x

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Squad:Aeolus Wing
I think this community of ace combat players need to ban together to create a sort of ace combat leader board. I am not sure how this would work but i am sure it could be modeled after some of the existing on-line competitions like Game battles for the Cod series. This would definately boost clan activity. I'm not saying make it boring and dull like a leader board, but something interactive like but certaintly not limited to mafia wars or SOMETHING like it. It would have to be something appealing enough that would make you want to at least participate in everyday. The "COD" fanboys and just regular/hardcore players alike, all care about their Kill/Death ratio in the addicting run and gun games. Well, set up a type of engine that is based on line and can easily be logged on to by anyone participating in the games. Scores or clan battles are entered in on the site and whatever this will be based will generate a score or ranking for each clan based on a set of factors obtained from online or offline battles and go from there. Keep in mind, it would have to be fun and interactive to an extent. Also, just how everyone has a favorite class they like to run on game battles and cod clans of the sort, everyone will run a favorite plane! That plane's stats can be compared to other planes of other members and so on. Guys, these are just ideas. We can all discuss and ban together and create such an interactive world and compete and have fun and have a down right fucking adventure. This community needs to get closer to it's members to really get a feel for this site. We all congregate and talk but i think it needs to be more organized. For instance, I know a alot of you just by seeing you all post things and state your opinions and view point on things. But is that the only way this can be achieved? Isn't there something more we can do to keep us talking and from killing each other over the internet? I am sure as hell some of you have come to recognize me. I damn well know i am not a GOD on this site but i recognize most of you by just conversations and discussions on aviation and by the same interests we hold. I know most of us have jobs and a life (lulz) so it could be hard and take a long time to start and finish something like this but if we do just imagine! Isn't that enough for your mind to start racing? I might start a topic on this but i want to know who else has thought about this before i do. This is long but i am sure you have the time to read according to some of your 1000+ posts.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

I think this community of ace combat players need to ban together to create a sort of ace combat leader board. I am not sure how this would work but i am sure it could be modeled after some of the existing on-line competitions like Game battles for the Cod series. This would definately boost clan activity. I'm not saying make it boring and dull like a leader board, but something interactive like but certaintly not limited to mafia wars or SOMETHING like it. It would have to be something appealing enough that would make you want to at least participate in everyday. The "COD" fanboys and just regular/hardcore players alike, all care about their Kill/Death ratio in the addicting run and gun games. Well, set up a type of engine that is based on line and can easily be logged on to by anyone participating in the games. Scores or clan battles are entered in on the site and whatever this will be based will generate a score or ranking for each clan based on a set of factors obtained from online or offline battles and go from there. Keep in mind, it would have to be fun and interactive to an extent. Also, just how everyone has a favorite class they like to run on game battles and cod clans of the sort, everyone will run a favorite plane! That plane's stats can be compared to other planes of other members and so on. Guys, these are just ideas. We can all discuss and ban together and create such an interactive world and compete and have fun and have a down right fucking adventure. This community needs to get closer to it's members to really get a feel for this site. We all congregate and talk but i think it needs to be more organized. For instance, I know a alot of you just by seeing you all post things and state your opinions and view point on things. But is that the only way this can be achieved? Isn't there something more we can do to keep us talking and from killing each other over the internet? I am sure as hell some of you have come to recognize me. I damn well know i am not a GOD on this site but i recognize most of you by just conversations and discussions on aviation and by the same interests we hold. I know most of us have jobs and a life (lulz) so it could be hard and take a long time to start and finish something like this but if we do just imagine! Isn't that enough for your mind to start racing? I might start a topic on this but i want to know who else has thought about this before i do. This is long but i am sure you have the time to read according to some of your 1000+ posts.

Like it's that easy to do........ :)

FlyAwayNow

FlyAwayNow

When it all hits the FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A

Also, just how everyone has a favorite class they like to run on game battles and cod clans of the sort, everyone will run a favorite plane! That plane's stats can be compared to other planes of other members and so on.

Stopped reading there.

xTerminator13x

xTerminator13x

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Stopped reading there.

Okay. I admit that is a bit over the edge and childish however, please keep reading. If you are just as interested in this site as i am, you will see eye to eye on things i have to say.

@Yellow 13,
I never said it was going to be easy. I mentioned it wasnt going to be easy, however as a community i think it can be done. Look at how much this site has grown. That wasn't done by just leaving the site as it first was. It grew by constant work and headache (i am sure) from moderators such as yourself.

Edited by xTerminator13x, 17 April 2011 - 07:30 PM.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat
Probably been suggested before, but I think that once AC:AH comes out, the squads that aren't online will have to be. We're going to get a flood of members soon, and if the legacy squads (Yeah, I see you, Y13) keep superglued to just legacy, I fear that they'll go the way of Razgriz Air Division and be absorbed into another squadron, or simply vanish like I've heard the Hellcats did.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Probably been suggested before, but I think that once AC:AH comes out, the squads that aren't online will have to be. We're going to get a flood of members soon, and if the legacy squads (Yeah, I see you, Y13) keep superglued to just legacy, I fear that they'll go the way of Razgriz Air Division and be absorbed into another squadron, or simply vanish like I've heard the Hellcats did.

Yeah, same thing was said when AC6 came out, and you see who's still here, eh? ;)

Okay. I admit that is a bit over the edge and childish however, please keep reading. If you are just as interested in this site as i am, you will see eye to eye on things i have to say.

@Yellow 13,
I never said it was going to be easy. I mentioned it wasnt going to be easy, however as a community i think it can be done. Look at how much this site has grown. That wasn't done by just leaving the site as it first was. It grew by constant work and headache (i am sure) from moderators such as yourself.

Not even close to the same thing. What you want takes programming skill, in whatever language it takes.....and I don't do PC programming, only mainframe. Other mods know even less, probably.

Panda has some experience with this, but I'm not sure if it's enough for what you are suggesting.

If it was easy, or even not-so-hard for people to do, you'd see them all over. Still, the thought is good, and I'm sure that our Admins will be talking with the owners to see if they would like to give us a widget like that.

xTerminator13x

xTerminator13x

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Yeah, same thing was said when AC6 came out, and you see who's still here, eh? :huh:

Not even close to the same thing. What you want takes programming skill, in whatever language it takes.....and I don't do PC programming, only mainframe. Other mods know even less, probably.

Panda has some experience with this, but I'm not sure if it's enough for what you are suggesting.

If it was easy, or even not-so-hard for people to do, you'd see them all over. Still, the thought is good, and I'm sure that our Admins will be talking with the owners to see if they would like to give us a widget like that.

Ok i see. I am not big on computer programming either but i am sure if we all pitch in and allocate our resources (design firms and developers) we could achieve something of the sort, however it would be hard because of the funds it would require. Hiring all the people unless they want to do a big job like that for free. lol. I guess i was once again shooting bullets ;)
I just can't wait for this damn game to come out or at least some actual gameplay footage or demo.

Godfather057

Godfather057

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Squad:345th Tactical Fighter Wing - The Lancers
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt
Would it be posible to have a tactic section?
Would It even be possible to discuss tactics on ACS?
i.e. Spit S and how to win a dog fight

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767
Yeah we can: Enter CRA, hit Y, BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Done. :lol:

SilverHawk7

SilverHawk7

Prestigious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Squad:BAF
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer
I tried doing a leaderboard for AC6... the effort lasted about a week. To do an ACS leaderboard would take a concert effort from everyone involved.

Unfortunately, if the EVE Online killboards are any indication, it starts to become a bit tilted; people become overly concerned with their position on the board and become skittish about committing to a challenge that threatens it.

Justin
§

modnar101

modnar101

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Squad:[email protected] flyer, QAAM spammer.
  • Plane:Su-47 Firkin
I like the idea of a leaderboard. Sure it'll take a fair amount of effort but as long as its simple enough it should be easy to make and maintain.

I could see a scoreboard operating in a way that rewarded squads no matter if they won the matches or not, by accumulating points. Even a squad that never won any matches would find themselves placing on the board purely because they have been active. And thats what this place needs.

I'll have more of a think about this and see if I can't come up with something.

Also, not sure if sinner was messing about making this thread back on aprils fools but whatever..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users