Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Prepping For Ac:ah

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Grabacr_Leader

Grabacr_Leader

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E
Anyway, i think that squad activity will pick up naturally with the release of AH. It's just slow right now because of how old AC6 is. Of course, when AH does come out, the squads should make their presences known, so recruits know their possibilities. I don't see any need to take action on that right now though.

I do like the idea of new themes based on the briefing screens from the different games though. I'd use an AC0 themed skin in a second.

Edited by Grabacr_Leader, 01 April 2011 - 04:27 PM.

Mael Radec

Mael Radec

# 00

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts
  • Squad:STFS "PHOENIX"
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

not a bad idea on the banner change....

And Razgriz, this is for ideas to improve the site, not for ACAH.

Having you as admin, regulate with precision and swiftness

Jason

Jason

Vector Thrust here I come!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
I like the Upper ends finally Taking charge. Only Took a playstation Ace Combat to do it. lol

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force/ Funky Squadron
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
Like Grau said, naturally the squad activity will pick up once the game releases, like any other console ace combat game. What we could add is kinda like a leaderboard though for when we start doing competitions and such for AH. I'm not sure how it'd be implemented, but I know theres bound to be a way to embed it into the site itself. Used to use something similar for PC games back when my PC clan did tournies a lot. Would input scores, kills, deaths and other information available and could select members registered from a dropdown menu and such. It would then compute wins and losses and all sorts of other statistics into a leaderboard thing.

Edited by Hornet, 02 April 2011 - 06:32 PM.

Skope Hogan

Skope Hogan

Highway to the Dangerzone

• Members
  • 6,187 posts
  • Squad:Funky Squadron
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

So what do you guys want to see for the new fansite in time for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon? We want to turn this place around and offer up a new place to hang out, without all that nonsense from Zaku and his idiotic friends back in the day. It's long since passed the glory days of squadrons and such, but what if we could change that? What if we could entice you guys to form into squadrons and become active again?

We're working on ways to get this place more....in line as a fan site, then have to deal with squadron politics. I'd like to hear some ideas; what you guys want that will help you get into the swing of things. While this is a site run by the S&S (and we are folding our stuff onto this forum, as I see no reason to keep our old site), this is still a fan site for all squadrons. We just get the benefit of branding, to be honest.

I will remind you guys: With us and Namco Bandai, we are giving away a couple free Hori Flightsticks for people that choose to follow AceCombat on facebook. Hit this link, follow it and post on the thread here on S&S. There might be a fun surprise for those that win.

So, post away guys. What do you want for this new site?

Ace Combat is serious business. It's a toy. Video games are toys, it's all nonsense.

Sinner101GR

Sinner101GR

Sins & Saints CEO

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Squad:Sins & Saints
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Ace Combat is serious business. It's a toy. Video games are toys, it's all nonsense.

April Fools Disguise.

MobiusBlue121

MobiusBlue121

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Squad:Looking for a squad
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
I know this is kind of an idea for Namdai, but there needs to be a way to access stats from your AC:AH games and dispaly them on your profile page.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW

I know this is kind of an idea for Namdai, but there needs to be a way to access stats from your AC:AH games and dispaly them on your profile page.

Screen caps or prints not good enough? :P

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
Not when every other online videogame has some website interface that shows you the rundown of each match. Why use a camera and photobucket when you can just link to a webpage?

It's a very good idea.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767

Not when every other online videogame has some website interface that shows you the rundown of each match. Why use a camera and photobucket when you can just link to a webpage?

It's a very good idea.

You mean a scoreboard or stats board like BFBC2stats? I think that's something we should put in the ACAH suggestions thread or in Sinner's thread in OD. Personally don't know how to create such websites, but I can assure you that it'll need a team of people who really have the know-how.

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
Well, everyone's way of doing it is different. I'm just reminded of Bungie's websites for reporting Halo matchmaking games. I think COD has something along those lines as well.

I figure the game reporting site needs these things at a minimum:
1. What it was that was played
2. Total team score
3. Individual player scores for each team
4. Planes flown by individuals
5. Planes shot down by invividuals
6. Times individual was shot down
7. Some way to tell who was shot down by who and how many times

BTW, can you/are you going to reply to my PM?

Chimera 1 (The Hellion)

Chimera 1 (The Hellion)

Gravaged

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Well, everyone's way of doing it is different. I'm just reminded of Bungie's websites for reporting Halo matchmaking games. I think COD has something along those lines as well.

I figure the game reporting site needs these things at a minimum:
1. What it was that was played
2. Total team score
3. Individual player scores for each team
4. Planes flown by individuals
5. Planes shot down by invividuals
6. Times individual was shot down
7. Some way to tell who was shot down by who and how many times

I second that motion. It's a good way to help keep track of clan battles as well, methinks.

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts
  • Squad:F.E.A.F.
  • Plane:Tornado GR.4
I suggest possibly taking a cue from other successful fansites such as GTPlanet http://www.gtplanet.net/ or even "Duck & Cover" http://www.duckandcover.cx/ Both are very successful fansites each set up in a different way. We are probably more close to GTPlanet however, minus the "store", up to date "news" in a blog format. Reaching the potential of that site would be quite easy I would assume. Of course we would need to actively pursue companies to advertise their product. Of which I can only think of flightstick's.... SO that may not be a good suggestion.

The Store would be nice however. It could be for anyone. The site itself, Squadrons etc. I'd buy (and already own) an Ace Combat coffee cup. But I would buy a knick knack from time/time. Of course we could use the "store" as an outlet for advertisers. A link to someone selling flight jackets, or even a game re-seller such as "glyde.com".

News Headlines - Someone here has to be capable of blogging about up to date and/or new AC information. As GTPlanet does, it's the first stop. If you want to hit the forums, you click the tab. As it stands now we are simply a "forum". Nothing more

Taking the route of Duck & Cover would take much more work however with a completely different web layout but everything we're used to seeing would still be there under the "community" section.

iono - just a thought, but I do feel the site needs a total "revamp".

Lunamaria Hawke

Lunamaria Hawke

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Plane:F-15 ACTIVE
a big thing for me would be matches of the week.
take the best macthes that happen in ace combat and commet on the how and the why
make these guys famous...
like starcraft 2 famous lol
in other words replays lot and lots of replays all in one place with commtary.

Edited by Lunamaria Hawke, 10 April 2011 - 04:00 PM.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack
I have no idea what you just said, and what the hell is a "macthes"?

Lunamaria Hawke

Lunamaria Hawke

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts

I have no idea what you just said, and what the hell is a "macthes"?

it suppose to be matches >....> dont know why it appear like that
and have you never heard of replays mate you have to get out more

we have everything we need for something like this and would bring some life to the site,

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack
Yeah, of course we're going to be starcraft 2 famous with what little fanbase we have.

Also, commentary? All you do online is fly around shooting at other planes, there's no strategy to comment on, it isn't like an FPS either, where you can be a sniper and camp in one spot having some random guy saying that it's a great strategy just to sit in one spot waiting for somebody to show up that they can shoot at him.

Lunamaria Hawke

Lunamaria Hawke

Rookie

• Members
  • 18 posts

Yeah, of course we're going to be starcraft 2 famous with what little fanbase we have.

Also, commentary? All you do online is fly around shooting at other planes, there's no strategy to comment on, it isn't like an FPS either, where you can be a sniper and camp in one spot having some random guy saying that it's a great strategy just to sit in one spot waiting for somebody to show up that they can shoot at him.

I know that but you never know it could be the next big thing ^.^
all you can do it try and find out.

Ace Lord

Ace Lord

Old School AC Gamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • Squad:Loner
  • Plane:B-52H Superfortress
I haven't flown a flight sim on my Playstation in at least a year. Been disappointed ever since Namdai forgot their Playstation roots when AC6 was released. Only thing I can suggest for turning this site around is to not have squads jockeying for control of the site when Zetaboards or InvisionPlus would gladly host a free forum specifically for your squad.

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts
  • Squad:Funky Dogs
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
Google Calendar for ACS clan matches. Easy as sin, and it'll help immensely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users