Jump to content

Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Favorite Mission?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#41
Skyblade1124

Skyblade1124

    Rookie

  • Members
  • 29 posts
Well, I guess my favorite mission is mission 21b. The epic cross-country flying is a real challenge, and then you can still face off against the varcolac squadron. Also, there is a good way to face varcolac if you people want to know. ^_^

#42
Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

    basic gameplay modes - $49.99

  • Members
  • 5,968 posts

why would you use QAAM?!!!i t keeps trackin sulejmani on the last level which causes him to flip and turn like a fish.... just use tls for gods sake..... or ram into him wit a odmm..... mission 21 really teaches you something, you know, i learned to do teh cobra. its quite useful when online... especially with the su 37 with 3d thrust vectoring... in any case i like the last mission; ace of aces. its really challenging with a crappy plane and its quite satisfying to launch 4 xmaa, xlaa, or odmms at them.

1. QAAMs are good against his lackys.
2. TLS fer noobs.
3. ODMM cost a lot, and it'll miss 90% of the time, and it'll get shot down by the back mounted MG the other 10% of the time.
4. Everybody knows how to cobra, but doing it online makes you nothing but a live target like the Yellows, I envy the stupidity of your opponents if they didn't manage to shoot you down when you were doing a cobra.

@Skyblade: If it's something that we've heard before, then I'll pass. If it's something new, I'm all ears.

#43
Skyblade1124

Skyblade1124

    Rookie

  • Members
  • 29 posts

1. QAAMs are good against his lackys.
2. TLS fer noobs.
3. ODMM cost a lot, and it'll miss 90% of the time, and it'll get shot down by the back mounted MG the other 10% of the time.
4. Everybody knows how to cobra, but doing it online makes you nothing but a live target like the Yellows, I envy the stupidity of your opponents if they didn't manage to shoot you down when you were doing a cobra.

@Skyblade: If it's something that we've heard before, then I'll pass. If it's something new, I'm all ears.


Well, here goes then. It is all about timing. I use either ODMM, XMAA, or XLAA for their range. When I am in range, usually 4000 m from target, I fire one and let him do his lame maneuvers. Afterward, I fire another one simultaneously which will glide into him, or if I am lucky, will continue its lock since Sulejmani has expended his dodge.

#44
Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

    basic gameplay modes - $49.99

  • Members
  • 5,968 posts
Yeah, that was one of the older strategies that we used around here, not anymore though, since getting close and gunning him seemed to be the best course of action.

The strategy you mentioned works well with SASMs.

Edited by Gracidia, 19 September 2011 - 11:22 PM.


#45
rockshard

rockshard

    Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
There are at least a handful of ways to take down Sulejmani.

For a while I had a quad-missile strategy. (just fire one from long range) But I wondered why I couldn't get it to work anymore... then I realized it was probably because I discovered the strategy using XLAAs. Winning with XMAAs are possible but the reliability of the strat goes down. (the whole time up to that point I just treated XMAA/XLAA as the same weapon)

By the way, what is a cobra?

Edited by rockshard, 19 September 2011 - 11:42 PM.


#46
Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

    basic gameplay modes - $49.99

  • Members
  • 5,968 posts


This.

#47
ShiniKaze

ShiniKaze

    Shadow #9

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

The last mission was easy, period, even if they were flying the Fenrir or the Falken.


indeed

#48
Garuda168

Garuda168

    Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
yep.... cobras are quite the thing these days.... love doing them.... confuses people online.

#49
rockshard

rockshard

    Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Cobra ok but how do you do that in ACJA, and what for

mentions of these things like Cobra always make me feel so inadequate

#50
Skyblade1124

Skyblade1124

    Rookie

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Cobra ok but how do you do that in ACJA, and what for

mentions of these things like Cobra always make me feel so inadequate


XD It's ok, not everyone is born a bird.

To do a cobra, simply speed up really fast and then break while propping your nose up towards the sky, keep it there and let your enemies fly by.

#51
Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

    basic gameplay modes - $49.99

  • Members
  • 5,968 posts
That`s not a cobra, if you do that, you`ll still go upward. A real cobra is performed by letting the plane stall into leveled position after you point the nose of the plane up.

#52
Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

    Strong in the ways of the Raptor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
Oh, give it a rest. It's the closest thing to a Cobra we'll get pre-ACAH, so let them at least enjoy that.

#53
Skyblade1124

Skyblade1124

    Rookie

  • Members
  • 29 posts

That`s not a cobra, if you do that, you`ll still go upward. A real cobra is performed by letting the plane stall into leveled position after you point the nose of the plane up.


Um, you basically are just repeating what I said. Fly fast, prop up, and then slow down as much as possible. Unless you can show me the true way.

#54
Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

    basic gameplay modes - $49.99

  • Members
  • 5,968 posts
Well, what I meant was that you were supposed to point the nose up when the plane is at a low speed and then stall. You said to speed up before doing a cobra, which will only let you fly up and drop when you try to stall.

#55
rockshard

rockshard

    Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
It's confusing to everyone else! Just say we should fly up to defeat Sulejmani!

#56
Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

    Strong in the ways of the Raptor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
I like doing that a lot. I've found a way to stay in one place stalling while gunning him down as he flies circles in front of me.

#57
TK 421

TK 421

    U Mad, bro?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Um, you basically are just repeating what I said. Fly fast, prop up, and then slow down as much as possible. Unless you can show me the true way.


i know it's ACX but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhCOsXJM3eU

#58
rockshard

rockshard

    Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
It's landing minigame, it doesn't count.

Still cool though. My peen shrank 2 sizes.

#59
Garuda168

Garuda168

    Pilot

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
u can also do other things, like doing a flip with a stall.....you tilt up, pull to little past vertical, and slow down. when you stall, you turn really fast. good for flipping so that you're behind the enemy. come to think of it, its kinda like that manuever in the debut trailer for AC:AH where the f 22 just flips..... cant fly exactly like that, but still......

#60
Firestorm

Firestorm

    Ace

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
in no particular order


Ghost Hunter- awesome music, decent challenge

final mission- Very hard, but rewarding challenge. Unlike most, I like the Suljamani dogfight and I get the feeling that we could have been friends given different circumstances

any of the Joint Assault missions since they change the entire way the game's events play out. I mean it, they change EVERYTHING.