Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Favorite Mission?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

The last mission was easy, period, even if they were flying the Fenrir or the Falken.

Mind telling us your strategy for it? I can only seem to do it flawlessly in Multiplayer when someone else is baiting Sulejmani.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
Something maneuverable ('22 or the '47, Black Widow if you're having that hard of a time with him) and just do it, use something accurate like the HACM and QAAM to take down the other lackeys, then go for Sulejmani, get close, REALLY close, mimic his movement and attack with guns, that's what I always do, never had a problem with him, ever.

Edited by Gracidia, 09 April 2011 - 06:18 PM.

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Something maneuverable ('22 or the '47, Black Widow if you're having that hard of a time with him) and just do it, use something accurate like the HACM and QAAM to take down the other lackeys, then go for Sulejmani, get close, REALLY close, mimic his movement and attack with guns, that's what I always do, never had a problem with him, ever.

That IS generally what I do, but once he's to gay-roll mode, he does an exact 180 and faces me at some 500ft. and hits me with two missiles, easy peasy.

Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
Nah, QAAM's won't work, he keeps doing cheater meneuvres and deceiving the QAAM time after time

SASM is your best choice. Fire a standard missile at him so he performs a physical-defying-maneuver and evades your missile, then quickly fire two SASMs. SASMs have 500 metres (? feet) of radius damage and will hit him for sure, even if he's performing those gay-maneuvres

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
Gay roll...? OH! That? I just punch the breaks and go in semi stall and stay in one place, it's easy to land a few hits with the gun when he's doing that, I usually try to mimic his gay roll and the 180 as well, it's not as hard as people think it is, although I sometimes end up in front or on top of him by a few hundred feet or so.

Eis: I said that I used QAAMs against the lackeys, not Sulejmani himself, it's a waste.

Edited by Gracidia, 09 April 2011 - 06:37 PM.

Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Gay roll...? OH! That? I just punch the breaks and go in semi stall and stay in one place, it's easy to land a few hits with the gun when he's doing that, I usually try to mimic his gay roll and the 180 as well, it's not as hard as people think it is, although I sometimes end up in front or on top of him by a few hundred feet or so.

Eis: I said that I used QAAMs against the lackeys, not Sulejmani himself, it's a waste.

Oh, I didn't get you. Yea QAAMs against his lackeys is a very suitable option

Regarding of Sulejmani, what I think it's better is to gun him until his radar mark becomes red (launching missiles is wasting them), then using the SASMs

PS: you can mimic him? I just can't imagine the idea of staying in one place stalling, cos you become a very easy target...try it in VS mode and you'll see :P

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Complements of Raptor 1 "Dragonheart".

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
I kinda figured it out by myself....

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
Varc vs Varc

almost as gay as bieber

KInG_Bob

KInG_Bob

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
First time I got him was when I was in my 27, used that plane on 3 playthroughs. But something that people never use against suljemani is the RCL rocket pod. Works wonders. RCL and SASM and TLS make this mission way too easy, the whole game is too easy.

nytfox7

nytfox7

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

And he still doesn't shoot you down?:huh: You must be playing it on easy because every time I do that I end up takeing two to the face. ;)

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
No, it works on ace, whatchu' smokin? Most of us play on ace after we unlock it, also, it's called not staying in one place, ever heard of it? Even if I do end up in front of him, I can always pull an sharp turn to get behind again

You must be playing it on easy because every time I do that I end up takeing two to the face.

Don't blame your misfortune on others, and just because you suck doesn't mean I suck as well.

Edited by Gracidia, 18 April 2011 - 02:06 PM.

nytfox7

nytfox7

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Dude, I've been doing that ever since I've played that mission. Yes it does make the fight with Sulejmani easyer, but there are still times where I'm gunning him at 100-150ft, he pulls a 180 and shoots me down. If that never happens to you, then I envy your luck.

-=cipher*rei=-

-=cipher*rei=-

I hope I didn't brain my damage...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
Love the heavy AAs on duo monster bombers that attack my awacs. <3

Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Love the heavy AAs on duo monster bombers that attack my awacs. <3

Orgois flying coordination EPIC FAIL
Soooo false

-=cipher*rei=-

-=cipher*rei=-

I hope I didn't brain my damage...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
but i say orgois was moar bad ass than spiridus. I can beat spiridus just tailing it not like orgois, tail it and your raining bullets.

Master Chief Snake

Master Chief Snake

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I like Mission 17. Because it good for earning money and it entertainment. That is my favorite mission.

Yellow 7

Yellow 7

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
I liked Reprisal. Im probably the only fan of the Varcolac squad and GAF-1 plus I like the track right at the end with the violin. Otherwise any mission with Oruma is cool.

rockshard

rockshard

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
I like mission 19 Desert Gust, one of my favorite missions to replay because of the quantity of targets, and it's also friendly for weaker planes, despite being challenging.

as for 21A, it is a mission I replayed a lot trying to "solve" Sulejmani. In the end I think it is a brilliant boss, there are a number of ways of beating him (the one method perhaps the most obvious having eluded me until very recently) but each method seemingly seems to backfire if you lose faith in the strat. (well except Falken TLS... that just wins on the spot)

props also to mission 20 Ghost Hunt, it's just a well designed mission in my opinion. I was completely on the fence on the game when I first played it, but even back then this is an amazing level and the execution was spot on, and replaying the level now it's still holds up and I notice new things about it: how like the enemy fighters come at that exact moment only to leave right after, as if they knew that would eff with you more than actually staying and fighting.

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
why would you use QAAM?!!! it keeps trackin sulejmani on the last level which causes him to flip and turn like a fish.... just use tls for gods sake..... or ram into him wit a odmm..... mission 21 really teaches you something, you know, i learned to do teh cobra. its quite useful when online... especially with the su 37 with 3d thrust vectoring... in any case i like the last mission; ace of aces. its really challenging with a crappy plane and its quite satisfying to launch 4 xmaa, xlaa, or odmms at them.