Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Favorite Mission?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
So yeah.

Personal favorites gotta be Alarm Clock and Sanctify. Alarm Clock 'cause it's pretty much the best of the airborne fortress battles, and Sanctify because TUNNELS FUCK YEAH.

Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
Sanctify is a really good one and they could have made it much better. Fighting the Varcolac in phase 1 while listening the dialogues and the Fire Youngman BGM in the backgorund is f*cking awesome. But they screwed it up with Sulejmani's impossible maneuvres
regarding of phase 2, flying through the tunnels is thrilling the first time, as the countdown drops and your senses sharpen listening to the music (name?), but when you play it again you realise the tunnels are gigantic (you can fly a 747 inside them until you crash), the path seems short, the silos are empty, the background design is s**t, you have to destroy "switches" in order to proceed through, etc.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,903 posts
Sanctify (as most missions) needed more air targets, but was rather good.

Unlike most, I like Grand Flight, both flying the 747 and, perhaps better, with a regular fighter.

The B version of the last mission is pretty good as well, up until Sulej, at least. Even while solo.

The mission in Croatia is great for the part of the game it's in, and Varcolac is pretty damn challenging in it.

And, of course, Ace of Aces.

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts
Sanctify. Why?

Three words: Fire. Youngman. Dogfight.

I got chills and went "Oh FUCK yes" the first time I did it.

Edited by ValkyrieRaptor, 07 March 2011 - 11:57 PM.

Sour

Sour

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
Personally, I thought Fire Youngman was garbage. Warning Line (and Dystopia, why isn't it in this game) is better.

*puts on a flame retardant suit*

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
*Flamethrower incoming* Fire youngman was pretty good, altho I think that Night and day was better, then again, the whole AC and AC2 soundtracks were both pretty awesome.

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

Silverstar of the Golden Altar (sounds cool eh?)

• Members
  • 4,193 posts
Flying against Varcolacc when they weren't holding back the first time & then some interesting tunnels were a nice moment in AC JA for me

KInG_Bob

KInG_Bob

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Sanctify, sure the fight with the dumbass squadron was too easy (even on ace) but the music and tunnels were fun, even though the tunnels were too short.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
M17, epic music

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,903 posts

Personally, I thought Fire Youngman was garbage. Warning Line (and Dystopia, why isn't it in this game) is better.

Warning Line

Praise the lord, I am not alone!

I do like like FY, but Warning Line is one of my favorites of all time. And considering it was originally used in two night missions, one of them in a thunderstorm, it would have been absolutely perfect for the occasion.

KInG_Bob

KInG_Bob

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Yeah, the music in AC really makes or breaks the game, its good in many games, and there are several tracks that just brjhejjdbjfbjhkejioirrr arrrrrgggg are baddd.. Yeah, they really skimped on JA's music.

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

• Members
  • 4,193 posts
They mixed up a lot of files form AC04, AC5 & ACX as well as a few originals that sounded like a national anthem & occasionally a techno anthem...
It was really hit & miss compared to other games where the music has some sense of consistency with few if any outliers.

To be honest it felt a bit like a patch job in some places, just hearing music I've heard before in some places where it made no sense to play it... I just didn't get into some missions sometimes or at least was take out momentarily...

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
don't forget

briefing window= AC3's title page music

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

• Members
  • 4,193 posts
I also remember hearing some of that good ol' AC1 I loved the guitaring when you're buying a plane in that game, it was in this game too, can't remember where though...

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
i only played AC1 for like 1x playtrough before the disc is busted

KInG_Bob

KInG_Bob

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Yeah, a good example of the mixed up music would be the mission where you have to destroy those power stations along the cost, in the beginning the music rocks, then it changes track to that beeping desert tune, F F F F U U U U U U....

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Yeah, a good example of the mixed up music would be the mission where you have to destroy those power stations along the cost, in the beginning the music rocks, then it changes track to that beeping desert tune, F F F F U U U U U U....

lol yeah, i quit playing 1P and start to pleay VS. but in VS the music is good.

nytfox7

nytfox7

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

So yeah.

Personal favorites gotta be Alarm Clock and Sanctify. Alarm Clock 'cause it's pretty much the best of the airborne fortress battles, and Sanctify because TUNNELS FUCK YEAH.

+1 for Alarm Clock.

I"m not a big fan of tunnels though.

Ragnorok

Ragnorok

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts
Sanctify and mission 19... forgot the name though long time no play.The last mission will be unbeatable if Fenrir or Falken was the planes used by the Varcolac squadron.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
The last mission was easy, period, even if they were flying the Fenrir or the Falken.