Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Your close calls

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
Damn. Yeah, those things sure can sneak up on you if you're not careful.

codyrentzell

codyrentzell

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts
My closes call was when i made an attack run on the scinfaxi. I wasn't really paying attention to altitude and the next thing i know i am 1 foot off the water! To make things worse or ironic, however you see it, i almost crashed into the scinfaxi.

Gemini_Thunder

Gemini_Thunder

Rookie

• Members
  • 35 posts
On the mission 8492 on ace difficulty, so I wanted to shoot down all aircraft and I was turning to make a head on pass with an SU-47.As soon as I was close to it out of nowhere "Mission Failure" because apparently the S.O.B shot a missle at me while I was like an inch away from him. I was almost done with the mission too Posted Image

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Normally, this is for "near deaths or mistakes" you've made, but yeah, that was your failure.

Now I'm over this thread again...

My last close call was when I ran out of ammo on mission 16A of AC5, the only thing left was the guns, I tried to down the last E-767 and (I guess was Nagase) shot a missile to it.

History morale: I almost crash into it, and I forgot that big planes, once destroyed, they fall inmediately, so was almost a twice crash.

cross wing 1

cross wing 1

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
i've had one time on white bird part 1 in a X-02; i had an enemy following me so i barrel rolled and came face-to-face with the space bridge (i think it was called the mass driver) and my wyvern went though a gap in the bridge just wide enough for me to fit though. look up the SSTO ramp stunt on youtube and you will see what i mean

R0se_star

R0se_star

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts
I'm sure someone has mentioned this somewhere here, but if not...it has to do with getting out of the tunnel on the first part of the last mission in AC5 as the doors are closing and three SU-37s are coming at you and just a few feet away from them is one of those double metal barriers (resembles those hurdles used in track and field somewhat), and then those metal doors are slowly coming down on you. I was using the special weapons of the F-22 A Raptor and after destroying the enemy planes, just as I dodged that metal contraption, as I was going a bit low to dodge the metal door, I nearly crashed but in a split second was able to catch myself and prevent it from happening and pull up just in time (by a hair). When I saw the replay video...yes, I know those ones are long...the middle to rear part of the Raptor showed it just half an inch from the ground. It was THAT close.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Well, you know there are 2 Su-47 and one Su-37 Yellow (mission ace), and yes, that happened me more than once with the Berkut, the Tomcat A, the Hornet E and the F-22A.

2 weeks ago, I was playing Frint Line with the Super Hornet and "dive bombed" a frigate, I was at 1000+ MPH and ALMOST crashed in the sunken ship, at least I was able to break in time, it was so close that I even could see the ship's antenna IN FRONT OF THE COCKPIT (I was with the cockpit's view).

A380

A380

Rookie

• Members
  • 29 posts

My closest call...hmm. On First Flight (wow, i remembered a level name) when you take off, i just barely cleared theYuke Phantoms making their attack runs. I had the cam on cockpit mode (or setting) and it was close enough i could make out details on his plane, bombs on the wings, yuke markink on the fuselage, etc. On the second to last mission (the one with the tunnel) there were multiple times where my jet almost became a pinball from bouncing off a wall or almost hitting a door that was closing.