Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Your close calls

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts
My personal favorite:

"Ok, I bet I can follow Pops right on his tail the whole way through this. Going over this hill, now bank and..."
>Pops goes THROUGH THE GROUND
*PULL UP, PULL UP*

Edited by ValkyrieRaptor, 28 April 2011 - 11:32 PM.

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

My personal favorite:

"Ok, I bet I can follow Pops right on his tail the whole way through this. Going over this hill, now bank and..."
>Pops goes THROUGH THE GROUND
*PULL UP, PULL UP*

Well, all AI controlled planes can hax through the terrain in AC5, you know. So it's not that surprising.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Well, all AI controlled planes can hax through the terrain in AC5, you know. So it's not that surprising.

all enemy planes in all AC series can. if they're programmed otherwise

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

It's only in certain missions that they can fly through the terrain. Mainly Fortress, Desert Arrow, and Final option does this occur.

Eisvogel

Eisvogel

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
I remember almost crashing in the ocean in mission 27+ following a Grabacr/Ofnir under the water
And I think the UAVs on White Bird part II mission can also fly underwater

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
You are correct about Mission 27+. but i never got close enough to the water to go chasing after the UAV's

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

It's only in certain missions that they can fly through the terrain. Mainly Fortress, Desert Arrow, and Final option does this occur.

Don't forget Mission 12-Powder Keg. I saw Chopper with his TND-F.3 hax through the terrain as well. Or practically, I can conclude there's no specific instances when AI planes hax through ground. I recall seeing one of my Wingmen hax'd through it in one of the missions outside it.

Back in topic: I almost crashed to a super C-5B in Arcade Mode when I went out of my SPWs and nearly hit its burning wreckage after starfing it with guns.

And I suffered from it in Final Option when I nearly smacked into Pops' tail FOR THE SECOND TIME (After I completely smacked into his arse just a few minutes earlier and have to retry)

Edited by SatoKasu, 29 April 2011 - 10:07 AM.

Talha

Talha

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
I was playing last mission "The Unsung War", right when the Ofnir & Grabacr ambush something went wrong wih tv, the screen went black with no picture but you could hear sounds of missile warning and all. Another problem was the Start button on my joystick which wasn't working properly. After few futile attempts to pause, I decided that I was better of on dodging the incoming missiles. This "Screen-Blackout" lasted for about 5 seconds which seemed more like an eternity!!!

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

I was playing last mission "The Unsung War", right when the Ofnir & Grabacr ambush something went wrong wih tv, the screen went black with no picture but you could hear sounds of missile warning and all. Another problem was the Start button on my joystick which wasn't working properly. After few futile attempts to pause, I decided that I was better of on dodging the incoming missiles. This "Screen-Blackout" lasted for about 5 seconds which seemed more like an eternity!!!

LOL. That's such a bad combination of things, right?

And also, another close call was from "Ancient Walls", when right after the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" sign appears, I suddenly got a "WARNING" on my screen. Since I can't figure out where is the bogey that locked on me, I just level out my jet when a missile appears from a Belkan YF-23, and I nearly got hit by it. Furthermore, the YF-23 that attacked me managed to land a cannon hit right after I managed to evade that missile...

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

LOL. That's such a bad combination of things, right?

And also, another close call was from "Ancient Walls", when right after the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" sign appears, I suddenly got a "WARNING" on my screen. Since I can't figure out where is the bogey that locked on me, I just level out my jet when a missile appears from a Belkan YF-23, and I nearly got hit by it. Furthermore, the YF-23 that attacked me managed to land a cannon hit right after I managed to evade that missile...

the worst thing to lose, is that and, have to do ALL THE MISSION AGAIN!!!Posted Image

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

the worst thing to lose, is that and, have to do ALL THE MISSION AGAIN!!!Posted Image

True. Esp. Since there's no friggen' checkpoint like in HAWX/Heatseeker/AC6. Playing older ACs actually needs more caution than playing AC6, esp. AC04 in ACE, due to the very hard to see missile trail, and a single hit by a missile and it's a retry.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Oka, I think that this topic can be moved to AC series forum, right?

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
No, because this is about the close calls you had in AC5, if you look up a few posts, they're all about AC5.

Then again, his topic, his call.

Edited by Gracidia, 09 May 2011 - 06:57 PM.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
I told this because some people post here about ACZ, read first, talk after, right?

CLOSED DEAD!!!

I almost crash with a frigate in mission 3, I saw the antenna like it was in the plane, very close

Espada1

Espada1

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
I had some similar problems with ships. Everyone remembers the epic mission where the Yuktobanians ditch their fleet to come to the Kestrel right? I cant remember the number now. But after I pwned most everything on the field, a destroyer got a SAM up right after the screen displayed 'Mission Accomplished'. It hit me, and guess who had to start over -_-

Espada1

Espada1

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
I had some similar problems with ships. Everyone remembers the epic mission where the Yuktobanians ditch their fleet to come to the Kestrel right? I cant remember the number now. But after I pwned most everything on the field, a destroyer got a SAM up right after the screen displayed 'Mission Accomplished'. It hit me, and guess who had to start over -_-

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Little repeated the last post, it was mission 3 "Narrow Margin", the same for my CLOSE AND COOL ALMOST DEATH

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
This topic is open for close calls from all AC games. I just put it here because instance that gave me the idea for the topic was from AC5 and I wasn't thinking about the future of the topic at the time.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Yeah, I think that this topic will be better in AC series forum

The Raven

The Raven

Rookie

• Members
  • 26 posts
A few days ago I was flying and Su-27 on mission 27+, I had just gotten to the SOLG. I was kicking butt, but all of a sudden I saw a huge piece of shrapnel (at least 4x as me!) hurtling towards me. I quickly rolled to the right and I swore if I were any closer my air intakes would've scraped the piece of SOLG!