Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Your close calls

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

MashedPotatoes

MashedPotatoes

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
I can't count how many times I've almost crashed into the sea machine gunning ships.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

What bridge? I never saw any bridge.

If I remember correctly, it was near the giant excavators. It's really low, and I'm still amazed I flew under it.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

But it was a close call! Just not of the good kind.

Oh, you mean a close call for the bad guys since they almost let you successfully complete the mission.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

But it was a close call! Just not of the good kind.

man, that's seriously, in the same mission ( i don't know if that counts) i went near the castle, about 2 feets or so to destroy the wall

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
I'm starting to think that this should have been posted in the Ace Combat Series forum instead.

I remember one time I was flying a Raptor in mission 6, White Bird (part I) and got a little too close to the ground trying to take out a pair of (no longer) airborne tanks. If I had rolled, my wing would have surely hit the ground. But I managed to stay level until I gained altitude. But my good fortune did not end there. Before I pulled up, I launched a missile at the tank to my right at very close range, not even 100 feet I think. Those of you who have used the Raptor before know that the generic all-purpose missiles are stored in pockets in the sides of the plane. As luck would have it, the last missile I had fired had been the one under the port wing, so the starboard side missile was the one that targeted the tank, successfully destroying it. I have no doubt that if the other missile had been fired instead, it would not have hit the target.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
eh, today i almost crashed with a E-767 in the mission 16a, that was funny :P

Viper 9

Viper 9

Noob

• Members
  • 4 posts
I launched an SAAM at an enemy plane, an enemy obtained a missle lock, the SAAM hit, and I pulled up just in time to see the missle flie right past me.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
Not exactly a close call, unless you were playing on ace mode.

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

Silverstar of the Golden Altar (sounds cool eh?)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
I remember once on Operation footprint, I decided to celebrate my victory with a large slow loop & faced the camera in 3rd person facing back...
I would stop flying looking back when the scripted speech stopped. When it did, I heard a 'pull up' & looked infront & instantly saw ground coming up fast.
I quickly flipped my plane over (since I was upside down) & pulled up.
I just missed a hill, pulling up just enough to miss it's tip, look back again, I saw that (as the screen faded black) , compared to where I was flying, I would've clearly hit the ground.
I was in an FB-22, large plane so I was relieved I didn't scrape the buildings & such

:lol:

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
a reply out of topic, i was playing today in campaing mode and, in mission 16, i don't play "desert arrow", i play "desert ligthning"
for someone is normal, or is the first time

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

a reply out of topic, i was playing today in campaing mode and, in mission 16, i don't play "desert arrow", i play "desert ligthning"
for someone is normal, or is the first time

...Is there even a topic in existence to which this post is relevant?

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

...Is there even a topic in existence to which this post is relevant?

sorry, i only had the curiosity
this yes is a topic reply, i was playing in mission 3 in a F-4, i almost crash with a yuke ship, and before, with the carrier Kestrel B)
for now that's all

another close death with F-4, i was playing ACZ, mission 4B, and i almost crash with the crawler in the right port, my wing pass like 0.5 feets, i'm still awesome

KInG_Bob

KInG_Bob

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I believe every single one of us has crashed into a SOLG panel.
I was doing this mission earlier and was dodging them,when one flies at me on its side, so I couldn't see it. I hit it and went boom. I re did the mission again, this time EDGE flew into me. I was quite angry. Never the less. I did the mission again, and failed horribly as I skidded along the ocean from a sharp pull up and then got exploded by a missile.

Somehow I magically destroyed it with a XLAA while flying towards it, then flew threw all the panels that came off.

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
I dunno if this will qualify for the topic, but well... My closest call was in ACZ, and it happened TWICE at the SAME mission. In mission 3 (B7R) on Expert, I was coming head-on against a Belkan F-4E when he got a lock on to my F-15C right when the Grun cutscene appears. Suddenly, right after the cutscene finished, he launched a missile on me, as I managed to duck right in time, and barely escaped with 23% damage after the F-4E managed to score a hit on my jet. And then, later in that mission, I nearly got smacked by an AIM-9M from Grun's F/A-18C as I managed to pull up just right in time to avoid instant death.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

I dunno if this will qualify for the topic, but well... My closest call was in ACZ, and it happened TWICE at the SAME mission. In mission 3 (B7R) on Expert, I was coming head-on against a Belkan F-4E when he got a lock on to my F-15C right when the Grun cutscene appears. Suddenly, right after the cutscene finished, he launched a missile on me, as I managed to duck right in time, and barely escaped with 23% damage after the F-4E managed to score a hit on my jet. And then, later in that mission, I nearly got smacked by an AIM-9M from Grun's F/A-18C as I managed to pull up just right in time to avoid instant death.

He returns! I was wondering where you had gone.

The first description is an interesting one and does qualify for the topic given the fact that there was an interrupting cutscene. The second one I'm not so sure about.

As for the fact that they occurred in ACZ and this topic is in AC5, I wish that I had put it in AC Series instead of here, so it's good.

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

He returns! I was wondering where you had gone.

The first description is an interesting one and does qualify for the topic given the fact that there was an interrupting cutscene. The second one I'm not so sure about.

As for the fact that they occurred in ACZ and this topic is in AC5, I wish that I had put it in AC Series instead of here, so it's good.

Thanh you, Oka Nieba. I was gone for studying for final exam, but then, since the exam itself was over today, I can finally return to ACS again.

And why not to ask some mods to move the topic to a more appropriate place? Maybe they can help.

And additionally, when I played First Flight just few minutes ago on hard (I finally purchased a copy of AC5 again, and luck that my old save can be accessed), I had 2 near misses as a missile from a Yuktobanian F-4E barely passed right behind me as I put my F-5E on a steep climb and the missile flew past me.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
Almost got hit by the SOLG's fans today : / so lucky

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
I can help?
I will tell to Y13 that moves this topic to AC series forum, right?

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

I can help?
I will tell to Y13 that moves this topic to AC series forum, right?

Actually, it's up to the author of a topic (the OP, or Original Poster) to ask for it to be closed, moved, whatever.

Oka, you sound like you want to move this to the 'Series' forum. True? :D

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Actually, it's up to the author of a topic (the OP, or Original Poster) to ask for it to be closed, moved, whatever.

Oka, you sound like you want to move this to the 'Series' forum. True? :D

Oka said it, but I wanted to help, wait meanwhile he respond to youPosted Image