Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Your close calls

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
I couldn't find a topic already in existence that really covered this well, so I decided I'd start it up after what just happened to me. This is for any near deaths or mistakes you made that could have turned out much worse than they did.

Me, I was almost nailed by a ballistic missile launched by the Hrimfaxi as it headed out to attack the ground troops.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
POW camp attack, after Nagase got shot down, I almost crashed into a hill because I was too close to the ground before the cut scene.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
Nearly got hit by the SOLG's smaller panels

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Nearly got hit by the SOLG's smaller panels

Heh, don't we all at some point? Anyways, I figured that I should probably clarify this a little bit: stories about almost narrowly avoiding a missile intentionally shot at you, just no. Same goes for guns.

I'm trying to get up some pics of the ballistic missile that almost clipped my wing, but my camera's giving me some trouble, so it could be a while before I do.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
I almost crashed into the Scinfaxi for shooting with machine guns

Vampir 2

Vampir 2

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
On the mission "Solitare", I nearly crashed into the river while I was flying REALLY low. Then, the mission right after that, "Closure" is the name I believe, I nearly crashed into the tunnel there while I was trying to collapse the hill.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
I hate it when that happens (applies for both previous posts). Say, isn't the Yering Mine area from ACZ the same place as Mount Schirm? I only noticed the possible similarity now.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
It is, the caterpillars are still there, so is the dome, I think...

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

It is, the caterpillars are still there, so is the dome, I think...

I definitely remember dodging/taking out the crawlers in missions 21 and 22, and when I stopped to look at the small port, that's when I got really suspicious. Don't remember the dome in AC5, though.

supervan

supervan

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
No it's gone. anyways on the final mission I was fighting Ofnir and Grabacr when one plunged straight into the ocean. I came so close as to 7 ft off the ground because of that. funny thing is was that the other guy had a swarm of bullets awaiting for him above the surface

BLΔCK

BLΔCK

Noob

• Members
  • 1 posts
i was almost into a tunnel in the mission 27 and i was survived cuz im rolling in that tunnel :wub:

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
I once got my altitude to ONE FEET

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
I once nearly slammed into the bridge in Solitaire. At, like, 600 mph.

That was probably the only time I really came close to leaving bricks in my seat.

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
this isn't nothing, i almost crashed into the second tunnel in mission 19

hey, listen, the places on mission 21-22 in AC5 and the mission 13 in ACZ, are the same, the only difference is the giant hangar in the airport

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

Silverstar of the Golden Altar (sounds cool eh?)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
S-32 on Mt. Schrim
They programmed a violent stall in AC5 man :P

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

I once nearly slammed into the bridge in Solitaire. At, like, 600 mph.

That was probably the only time I really came close to leaving bricks in my seat.

What bridge? I never saw any bridge.

I haven't flown a S-32 in a long time, so I will have to check that out.

Flying through the tunnel in mission 27 in a Super Tomcat. The Tomcat family is (at least to me) notoriously bad at slowing down, though still not as bad as the MiG-31. As such, I misjudged the time I would need and distance I would cover before the shutter ahead of me was open enough for me to pass. I almost didn't make it, and when I checked the replay, I had at best about 2 feet of clearance on the top and bottom. Also flying through that tunnel in a Wyvern in Free Flight mode where there are no shutters had countless near misses. The one I remember most was on the way out after passing what would be the system core. I had forgotten about one of the double-width sections where it looks like there is one sealed off tunnel directly ahead and one open tunnel to the right or left. I was intent on not slowing down, so I managed to act fast and barrel role over to the open tunnel just in time. Was going well over 1,300 mph at the time.

HawkerKestrel

HawkerKestrel

Sukhoi Conga Line!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
Don't know if this counts, but I had just finished Ancient Walls for the first time, Wardog and Sea Goblin were giving their post-mission completion speech, when a Belkan Su-47 comes up behind me and shoves a missile up my ass, killing me. I was moderately displeased to find out I had to do the entire mission all over again.

Flakbird 1

Flakbird 1

Plane Nerd Powers, GO!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Don't know if this counts, but I had just finished Ancient Walls for the first time, Wardog and Sea Goblin were giving their post-mission completion speech, when a Belkan Su-47 comes up behind me and shoves a missile up my ass, killing me. I was moderately displeased to find out I had to do the entire mission all over again.

I've done that a billion times, really pisses you off doesn't it? BTW when did you get AC5?

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
No, it doesn't qualify for the topic. Nice story though, happens to me every now and then (didn't on my first time, though).

HawkerKestrel

HawkerKestrel

Sukhoi Conga Line!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

No, it doesn't qualify for the topic. Nice story though, happens to me every now and then (didn't on my first time, though).

But it was a close call! Just not of the good kind.