Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Varcolac

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

Sulejmani's Varcolac was so damn hard to take down. I had to use the YF-23A to blow him up.

I used the Zero and it worked just well lol xD

F-16CJ (ES)

F-16CJ (ES)

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
I used a Zero in Ace mode to take him down, but with the ACE'S AMULET. My favorite part. :P

I used the Zero and it worked just well lol xD

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

I used a Zero in Ace mode to take him down, but with the ACE'S AMULET. My favorite part. :P

lol my favorite too :P have it on my tomkitty and typhoon xD Kinda pointless though for the Zero...on normal mode it takes a hit and is almost dead anyways LoL

F-16CJ (ES)

F-16CJ (ES)

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
Hmm, wanna do this in multiplayer? one team uses 4x F6F's, while team 2 uses 4x A6M Zeroes?

lol my favorite too :blink: have it on my tomkitty and typhoon xD Kinda pointless though for the Zero...on normal mode it takes a hit and is almost dead anyways LoL

Zeraylph

Zeraylph

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts

NO NO NO

I talked about the IRCM's capabilites only, not the Varcolac.
Please, I ask you, do not become yet another player using non-real fighters in VS. It is a lack of respect for all others.

I did try it in VS with the S-32. It was quite fun.

I did not unlock the IRCM when I posted that with any other plane other than that one.

Oh well, I learned something new about VS mode.

antares

antares

Rookie

• Members
  • 39 posts

I did not unlock the IRCM when I posted that with any other plane other than that one.

Oh well, I learned something new about VS mode.

The S-32 has it too.

unpilot15

unpilot15

Rookie

• Members
  • 29 posts
Is it just me, or does the GAC-1 look kinda like the MiG-31 Firefox?

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
Actually I think it is a strange Hybrid of the Firefox and an SR-71 Blackbird.<br /><br />I buied this thing once, but I prefer the Wyvern by far. Unmatchted mobility and stability with my tuning set up.

As for Suleimani and all the other Pilots who can use this annoying dodge maneuver.

There is a very easy solution for this.

Fire one missile as bait. When they execute their maneuver, fire 2 to three missiles at once to finish the job.

Really easy. You don't even need the super fighters. At one time, I pulled this stunt of with a Mig 29.

Edited by Kazama Shin, 25 October 2010 - 06:02 PM.

unpilot15

unpilot15

Rookie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Actually I think it is a strange Hybrid of the Firefox and an SR-71 Blackbird.<br /><br />I buied this thing once, but I prefer the Wyvern by far. Unmatchted mobility and stability with my tuning set up.

As for Suleimani and all the other Pilots who can use this annoying dodge maneuver.

Fire one missile as bait. When they execute their maneuver, fire 2 to three missiles at once to finish the job.

Really easy. You don't even need the super fighters. At one time, I pulled this stunt of with a Mig 29.

Great tips, you're an awesome problem solver

supervan

supervan

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
the plane has a fitting look for the varcolac squadron, after all, they were dicks.
before I forget, doesn't anyone else think that Oruma and Gaviria are best friends?
I'll put that into a topic

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

But when you're tired of him dodging your missiles, attack with bullets, get to just above the water, climb up with more bullets, slow to a stall, repeat. Very fun because you hover there while he's doing circles in front of you.

LuBucifer

LuBucifer

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Iam on that final mission with this Varcolac jets. And there piss me off!!! Sulejmani's Varcolac is a cheat. I shoot on him like 10 minutes with the Typhoon and he will not die. The Machine Gun on the back is unfair. Whats the best strategie to kill Sulejmani's Varcolac. Hes pissing me off this son of a b****!!!

EDIT: Sulejmani's Varcolac is unbeatable! He has to much health he can withstand more than 20 Missiles and more gun shots. This is just GODDAMNIT!

Edited by LuBucifer, 21 November 2010 - 12:24 PM.

Concept X

Concept X

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
the varcolac:

1: looks like crap
2: flies like crap
3: looks even more like crap
4: is crap

any questions?

Mr. P

Mr. P

Guess who's back?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

the varcolac:

1: looks like crap
2: flies like crap
3: looks even more like crap
4: is crap

any questions?

You only missed one thing

5: Valahian Pilots of Varcolac fly like a crap

Edited by Mr. P, 21 November 2010 - 12:58 PM.

LuBucifer

LuBucifer

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
But Sulejmani is still unbeatable without cheats. Without cheats hes not beatable.
And yes hes crap his plane is crap is familly is crap too. Hes a little assh***
But seriously how you guys beat mission 21A? its impossible even on easy. And i dont hab´ve enough money for an F-22.
But i tell you when hes "red" i mean when he has enough damage hes a cheat. He can stand in midair like an harrier and has unreal turns.

Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock

CAN'T DED THE FISHBED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

But Sulejmani is still unbeatable without cheats. Without cheats hes not beatable.

Whatchoo talking bout Willis, I beat him with the Su-27 on my first playthrough.

Fortuneteller

Fortuneteller

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

It's a Concord?

This is exactly what I thought right before it began to look very phallic.
I always thought a Concord-looking fighter would be a really neat idea.
After seeing this... not too sure.

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
First, what are the Jets you have, second, what weapons do you have available?

Suleimani is actually really easy. Pound his ass with your gun until Suleimani admits that your attacks get through or your operator gives a similar message. Then get some distance from him and use either long range missiles to finish him.

Use one Missile as bait, so suleimani executes the maneuver, then fire the 3 more to finish him.

Or use a plane which has access to the SASM missile. These neat little things do not require a hit on Suleimani, they explode near him and doing their job. Acutally you can even shoot through his tail gun with SASMs.

Planes which can use the SASM Missile are the X-29, F-15SMTD, SU-47 and I think one of the france fighters (Either Mirage or Rafale) could use them also.

If you cannot beat him, try flying free missions until you have enough money for a F-22 or similar jet.

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

Wants an HD R-103 so bad.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
It's Mirage that can use the SASM.

Wish the Rafale could...then it'd be worth using. :P

Kohlrak

Kohlrak

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

And yes hes crap his plane is crap is familly is crap too. Hes a little assh***
But seriously how you guys beat mission 21A? its impossible even on easy. And i dont hab´ve enough money for an F-22.
But i tell you when hes "red" i mean when he has enough damage hes a cheat. He can stand in midair like an harrier and has unreal turns.

He exploits the engine. See, in ace combat, the slower you go the better you turn. Sulejmani comes to a complete stop, turns, goes fast, stops, turns, etc in a very short period of time to make up that "hax manuver." You'll find that you'll have a much easier time shooting him down with a machine gun. I have yet to use cheats on JA. For people who can't quite beat him, there's always the timed missile trick (he has a small wait period in between maneuvers, so once you get the timing down he becomes really easy to hit with missiles). If you still can't get him, get online.

EDIT: And don't even think about Operation X and Ace of Aces...

Edited by Kohlrak, 21 November 2010 - 06:48 PM.