Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Has anybody else noticed this?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Stonehenge barley does enything, ive flown about 100,000 feet wile it was firing and didn't get eny dammage.:blink: if it did do dammage than ISAF would be destroyed!:wacko:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

How you can fly to the space in AC04? please, tell me!!! Posted Image

Now taking seriously, Sometimes on Stonehenge Mission, the clusters' blast radius isn't enough to shoot you down, even when you're above 2000 ft.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
It's more of a directed cannon in Stonehenge Offensive than it is the "kills everything below 2,000 feet" as it is in other missions, so that makes sense.

I am also curious about the 100,000 feet claim, though.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

I am also curious about the 100,000 feet claim, though.

Yeah, me too. I am of the opinion that 32,000 feet was pretty much it, unless, of course you found a hax.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
Actually, AC04 has a higher altitude tolerance than AC5 and ACZ, which do top out around 32,000. Still, the best I've ever gotten is somewhere around 50,000.

ReaperKallina

ReaperKallina

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Actually, AC04 has a higher altitude tolerance than AC5 and ACZ, which do top out around 32,000. Still, the best I've ever gotten is somewhere around 50,000.

Sounds about right, I managed to max out at 50,000 in the Wyvern. Not sure if anything can go higher.

Cmoody

Cmoody

Rookie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Stonehenge barley does enything, ive flown about 100,000 feet wile it was firing and didn't get eny dammage.:blink: if it did do dammage than ISAF would be destroyed!:wacko:

Wasn't that the first cutscene and briefing? Posted Image

Typhoon7

Typhoon7

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts
I wondered the same. xD But then I just generalised the enemy isn't as smart and its either below 2,000ft or go up and sit about 6,000ft.
But if both sides use an E-767, how is one more vulnerable then the other? Posted Image

Well in AC4 I stalled and dived 1,000ft when I chased a Yellow vertically to about 40,000 in an F-15 before stalling.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Well in AC4 I stalled and dived 1,000ft when I chased a Yellow vertically to about 40,000 in an F-15 before stalling.

That's what happens when you go up against Yellow Squadron. :lol:

Biggbirdd

Biggbirdd

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts

Ummm... You do know that the burst missiles in AC5 have a ceiling of 5,000 feet, so anything above 5,000 ft will be safe, not destroyed?

And anyways, even if SkyEye was flying anywhere near the battle zone, I'm pretty sure that the shells from Stonehenge have a ceiling, not just a floor. They can't destroy everything above 2,000 feet, they must have some sort of blast radius that limits they're destructive power. I've also noticed that in mission 12, if you don't descend to below 2,000 feet, you don't get blown up by Stonehenge; at least, not until you've gotten closer and a cannon fires directly at you and you're killed by the shockwave. After all, the target aircraft are at a waaay high altitude, distracting the guns.

Regardless, the AWACS are surely not infallible, and if they didn't have plot shielding, they might have gotten destroyed at some point. Whatever happened to AWACS "Dunder"head? Think they got destroyed, or what?

Stonehenge does actually have a ceiling i was messing around with an X-02 trying to get to the max altitude and i started going above the blast radius at about 37k feet

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts

Stonehenge does actually have a ceiling i was messing around with an X-02 trying to get to the max altitude and i started going above the blast radius at about 37k feet

Hmm, can anyone else confirm this? And if that`s true, I guess that would work as a survival tactic. Still, climbing to above 37,000 feet seems a little more cumbersome than just diving to below 2,000. You have gravity working for you on the way down, after all.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
I can somewhat confirm that. Like Biggbirdd, I was messing around at high altitude (with an F-15 however) and noticed that I wasn't getting shot down by Stonehenge. I'm not sure what the exact altitude is, but it's around where you start stalling if you go up any further. Though, I did get shot down eventually once I dipped around the 20,000 mark.

Necron 1

Necron 1

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
In my experience, you can dodge the first wave in Deep Strike by flying to an extremely high altitude, but usually the second wave will always hit you if you don't drop altitude.