Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Has anybody else noticed this?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

Yep. However, i was actually talking about Nagase, Grimm and Chopper. I don't know if they really go above the impact area, specially when they're fighting drones, just like they don't dodge the lasers from the Arkbird... at all...

But, back to AC4, the real mistery is what has already been pointed out: how can you shoot down the enemy Awacs? My guess is it's just a secondary ECM unit, not their actual airborne command.

In mission 5: Narrow Margin, they do follow you above 5000 ft. and I've noticed that in the other missions they do as well.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts

In mission 5: Narrow Margin, they do follow you above 5000 ft. and I've noticed that in the other missions they do as well.

Umm, Mission 5 isn't Narrow Margin, it's Rendezvous. Getting a little rusty on your AC5 facts? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But... That's what i said... Posted Image Anyway, the point is: do your allies climb every single time the bursts hit? I'll pay attention in the upcoming playthrough.

Oh, and Skull, I was referring to the fact that if the AWACS needed to climb, then that would mean that it was below 5,000 feet prior to the missile launch. Why they would be that low doesn't make any sense, so that's what I was questioning.

Edited by Oka_Nieba, 24 September 2010 - 09:34 PM.

ETHRE3

ETHRE3

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts
Global warming...

Yellow 15

Yellow 15

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
Sky Eye doesn't actually exist. He's an all knowing disembodied voice.

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

Sky Eye doesn't actually exist. He's an all knowing disembodied voice.

Nah... that's just me after I have gas!!!!! :)

F-16CJ (ES)

F-16CJ (ES)

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Do they follow you like a enemy fighter? <_<

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

Do they follow you like a enemy fighter? :D

NO... They follw you because they are your wingmen... PLEASE pay attention to the conversation.

Turdy1

Turdy1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
In Rendezvous, there's this one E-2C Hawkeye that seems to regularly survive the missiles, although sometimes, he isn't there...

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
Sky eye is exactly what his name suggests: he's an huge eye in the sky looking down at you and giving you helpful info during a battle.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

Sky eye is exactly what his name suggests: he's an huge eye in the sky looking down at you and giving you helpful info during a battle.

This is not really news, fella. We have had pretty extensive discussions about AWACS aircraft and capabilities. ;)

F-16CJ (ES)

F-16CJ (ES)

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

LOL. He's a E-767.

Flakbird 1

Flakbird 1

Plane Nerd Powers, GO!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts
Yeah, I thought you guys knew this: He's the E-767 At the beginning and end cutscenes of Megalith...

LOL. He's a E-767.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

LOL. He's a E-767.

I know that, but the name sky eye keeps reminding me of the huge eye in the sky in another game that I've played(can't remember the name though)

Yellow 7

Yellow 7

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

<!--quoteo(post=634549:date=Sep 24 2010, 07:58 AM:name=Green Giant)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Green Giant @ Sep 24 2010, 07:58 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=634549"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not really... If you play Mission 7: Frontline, you go out with the Nuggets to engage the invasion force, and when the first burst missiles are fired, most of them are lost in the attack.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yep. However, i was actually talking about Nagase, Grimm and Chopper. I don't know if they really go above the impact area, specially when they're fighting drones, just like they don't dodge the lasers from the Arkbird... at all...

But, back to AC4, the real mistery is what has already been pointed out: how can <i>you</i> shoot down the enemy Awacs? My guess is it's just a secondary ECM unit, not their actual airborne command.

If it hasn't been mentioned, this could be similar to the role of Snake Pit in AC6, although I think is is your ESM provider during missions but he always flies in the middle of things.

BlackhoundOne

BlackhoundOne

Velocitas Eradico

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
You can see the enemy's E-767s on the map because while they can afford lasers, intercontinental missiles, 8 big-ass rail cannons, a ton of tanks, aircraft, and ships, they can't afford a decent long-range radar.

papakaz

papakaz

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

QUOTE (Green Giant @ Sep 24 2010, 07:58 AM)

But, back to AC4, the real mistery is what has already been pointed out: how can you shoot down the enemy Awacs?

Dude, you're, like, Mobius One, man.

Raptor 12

Raptor 12

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Well no crap you are THE Mobius One.

AdvancedGhostEye

AdvancedGhostEye

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts
It could be possible that he is out of the combat zone to be affected by the blast radius of Stonehenge's attacks.

dragonoid

dragonoid

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts
Stonehenge barley does enything, ive flown about 100,000 feet wile it was firing and didn't get eny dammage.:blink: if it did do dammage than ISAF would be destroyed!:wacko:

Eagle118

Eagle118

Rookie

• Members
  • 30 posts

Stonehenge barley does enything, ive flown about 100,000 feet wile it was firing and didn't get eny dammage.:blink: if it did do dammage than ISAF would be destroyed!:wacko:

100,000 feet? how the hell did you manage to do that? the highest I've ever been was only 55,000 feet in the S-37A, and if you flew that high without getting hit by stonehenge then were very very lucky, I wouldn't depend on that kind of luck all the time though since stonehenge can take out anything above 2,000 feet, except if you're doing the Stonehenge Offensive mission, where you wouldn't be safe from stonehenge at ANY altitude be it above or below 2,000 feet.