Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Has anybody else noticed this?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

AWACS 'SkyEye'

AWACS 'SkyEye'

Rookie

• Members
  • 40 posts
On Mission 7, 10, and 12; if I'm not mistaken; have Stonehenge attacking. SkyEye always says "all aircraft below 2,000 feet", but HE never dives. :( He stays in his spot somewhere on the map. If he doens't dive, he keeps coming back to life in the next mission. :P

Mr. P

Mr. P

Guess who's back?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

On Mission 7, 10, and 12; if I'm not mistaken; have Stonehenge attacking. SkyEye always says "all aircraft below 2,000 feet", but HE never dives. :( He stays in his spot somewhere on the map. If he doens't dive, he keeps coming back to life in the next mission. :P

Because he's too far from our area of operation, you never see him, only in the last mission

Edited by Mr. P, 09 September 2010 - 09:00 PM.

SG-17

SG-17

Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
SkyEye isn't even on the battlefield, he is the voice of God.

AWACS 'SkyEye'

AWACS 'SkyEye'

Rookie

• Members
  • 40 posts

Because he's too far from our area of operation, you never see him, only in the last mission

On missions 7 and 12, he is refueling a friendly plane. On mission 12, I don't know if an E-767 can fl away fast enough.

Mr. P

Mr. P

Guess who's back?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

On missions 7 and 12, he is refueling a friendly plane. On mission 12, I don't know if an E-767 can fl away fast enough.

Don't say this comrade, the KC-10 is other unit

Edited by Mr. P, 09 September 2010 - 09:25 PM.

Mr. P

Mr. P

Guess who's back?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
Sky Eye Flew in a E767, a totally diferent plane. You only see him in end of last mission...

Edited by Mr. P, 09 September 2010 - 09:06 PM.

AWACS 'SkyEye'

AWACS 'SkyEye'

Rookie

• Members
  • 40 posts
Oh. :unsure:

Skull01

Skull01

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Sky Eye Flew in a E767, a totally diferent plane. You only see him in end of last mission...

Or he can be like everyone else in AC5 when the burst missiles hit: immortal. Do they really climb everytime the subs fire? I think not.

And i couldn't help but notice... You have an F5BR in your sig. Com isso acho que são uns três brasileiros ativos no fórum. Hehe. :lol:

Mr. P

Mr. P

Guess who's back?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Or he can be like everyone else in AC5 when the burst missiles hit: immortal. Do they really climb everytime the subs fire? I think not.

And i couldn't help but notice... You have an F5BR in your sig. Com isso acho que são uns três brasileiros ativos no fórum. Hehe. :lol:

:lol: é nois que tá!!

Edited by Mr. P, 10 September 2010 - 07:17 PM.

Ofnir Leader

Ofnir Leader

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

XD, He's yar Guardian Angel!

FlyAwayNow

FlyAwayNow

When it all hits the FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
NO!

YOUR SkyEye, that why he never dies.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts

YOUR SkyEye, that why he never dies.

OK, that was one of the sillier comments I've read today.

Back when AWACS were just coming in, they had a 150 mile search radius. I'm sure it's more by now (35 years later).

They fly outside the battle area.

This, of course, does not explain why you are able to find and shoot down the enemy's AWACS, which should have the same capabilities. :blink:

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

Wants an HD R-103 so bad.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
Perhaps Skyeye/Thunderhead etc. is to other AWACS like Mobius 1/Blaze etc. are to most if not all other fighters. :blink:

Jester.

Jester.

Your Masta

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Perhaps Skyeye/Thunderhead etc. is to other AWACS like Mobius 1/Blaze etc. are to most if not all other fighters. :blink:

I didn't understand anything you just said.

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

Wants an HD R-103 so bad.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
I was trying to say that perhaps the main AWACS that supports the player has much greater capabilities than opposing AWACS, like Mobius 1 or whoever is a much greater fighter pilot than the vast majority of enemies he fights.

F-16CJ (ES)

F-16CJ (ES)

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
LOL, he ain't God.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts

And i couldn't help but notice... You have an F5BR in your sig. Com isso acho que são uns três brasileiros ativos no fórum. Hehe. :)

Ummm... You do know that the burst missiles in AC5 have a ceiling of 5,000 feet, so anything above 5,000 ft will be safe, not destroyed?

And anyways, even if SkyEye was flying anywhere near the battle zone, I'm pretty sure that the shells from Stonehenge have a ceiling, not just a floor. They can't destroy everything above 2,000 feet, they must have some sort of blast radius that limits their destructive power. I've also noticed that in mission 12, if you don't descend to below 2,000 feet, you don't get blown up by Stonehenge; at least, not until you've gotten closer and a cannon fires directly at you and you're killed by the shockwave. After all, the target aircraft are at a waaay high altitude, distracting the guns.

Regardless, the AWACS are surely not infallible, and if they didn't have plot shielding, they might have gotten destroyed at some point. Whatever happened to AWACS "Dunder"head? Think they got destroyed, or what?

Edited by Oka_Nieba, 02 February 2013 - 02:58 PM.

Skull01

Skull01

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Ummm... You do know that the burst missiles in AC5 have a ceiling of 5,000 feet, so anything above 5,000 ft will be safe, not destroyed?

But... That's what i said... :P Anyway, the point is: do your allies climb every single time the bursts hit? I'll pay attention in the upcoming playthrough.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

But... That's what i said... :huh: Anyway, the point is: do your allies climb every single time the bursts hit? I'll pay attention in the upcoming playthrough.

Not really... If you play Mission 7: Frontline, you go out with the Nuggets to engage the invasion force, and when the first burst missiles are fired, most of them are lost in the attack.

Skull01

Skull01

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Not really... If you play Mission 7: Frontline, you go out with the Nuggets to engage the invasion force, and when the first burst missiles are fired, most of them are lost in the attack.

Yep. However, i was actually talking about Nagase, Grimm and Chopper. I don't know if they really go above the impact area, specially when they're fighting drones, just like they don't dodge the lasers from the Arkbird... at all...

But, back to AC4, the real mistery is what has already been pointed out: how can you shoot down the enemy Awacs? My guess is it's just a secondary ECM unit, not their actual airborne command.