Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat Joint Assault Help Topic

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

Mobius

Mobius

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Plane:XFA-27

So it's not like the Japanese demo?

Becuase I could've sworn Novice controls were on.

Well, there's Normal control type (novice control if I'm not mistaken, restricted controls) and Expert type. You can switch it in Options
I haven't played the demo to be honest

Hehe, actually, I've been paying some attention.
The J-turns aren't realistic, of course, but the super maneuverability is.

... for a helicopter.
This is just a theory, but I think they simply applied the Apache's maneuverability. Play Blockade and zoom in on the Apaches when they're after you, when they spawn. It's the same.

Yeah, I didn't think that "lolspin" while doing a sharp turn was realistic, though I can't see how a cobra can evade a missile. :lol:

Didn't notice the connection with the apache thing though, but now that you mention it. it does look similar when he tries to chase you (and the fact that he can't rapidly climb up as well)

Edited by Mobius, 08 September 2010 - 07:39 PM.

little ace

little ace

ひぐらしのなくころに

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW "Lancers"
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

M21A,B

I still don't get what "Mission 21B" is. As long as i remember, there's only 1 mission 21 which is mission 21A. Or maybe i don't have that mission yet? Or are you referring to the Varcolac fight?

Mobius

Mobius

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

I still don't get what "Mission 21B" is. As long as i remember, there's only 1 mission 21 which is mission 21A. Or maybe i don't have that mission yet? Or are you referring to the Varcolac fight?

B type missions are unlocked by playing online and going through joint assault missions, unfortunately, I haven't played either (I'm in the middle of friggin nowhere)

Edited by Mobius, 09 September 2010 - 05:54 AM.

little ace

little ace

ひぐらしのなくころに

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

B type missions are unlocked by playing online and going through joint assault missions, unfortunately, I haven't played either (I'm in the middle of friggin nowhere)

Oh, can it be unlocked by playing joint assault missions through Ad-hoc? Cause me & my brother can make a pretty good team...

But in any case, i was lucky enough to get Varcolac since that Macross Sulejmani accidentally flew towards me without firing anything. So i got an S... (LOL)

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
Nice. I got the medals I was looking for and a little more. S ranks across the board (I used 10 aircraft to this) with the exception of SP02 on Easy (haven't done it yet, gonna get to it soon). Now I need to unlock the Joint Assault Missions and the Multiplayer variants of 5, 12, and 21. I also need to get the rest of the aircraft, their weapons and colors, and the few parts that I haven't unlocked yet.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen
Nice. I'm still quite far from that, unfortunately. I couldn't get more than a B on SP02 on Ace, that's the only S I need on Ace, but I'm lacking a lot of mission in the other difficulties.
I'm running campaign after campaign instead of free mission, even though there are some missions I have S-ranked in all difficulties, because you get money bonuses every once in a while (and even repeating missions, I'll be far away from having everything when I get all S ranks).

Question: has anyone figured out the mechanism for unlocking weapons? It seems rather random, but I usually unlock the last weapon at the 9th/10th sortie with the fighter.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Nice. I'm still quite far from that, unfortunately. I couldn't get more than a B on SP02 on Ace, that's the only S I need on Ace, but I'm lacking a lot of mission in the other difficulties.
I'm running campaign after campaign instead of free mission, even though there are some missions I have S-ranked in all difficulties, because you get money bonuses every once in a while (and even repeating missions, I'll be far away from having everything when I get all S ranks).

If you use the Varcolac with high mobility and the GAF-1 Type AA Cockpit part, AND save the ODMMs for the second half, you should do just fine. Also, I'm way too far away to have everything done by the end of this month (unless I play non-stop, which I pretty much have been doing since I got the game, save for a 4 day break due to a groundation).

Question: has anyone figured out the mechanism for unlocking weapons? It seems rather random, but I usually unlock the last weapon at the 9th/10th sortie with the fighter.

Same. The paint schemes are unlocked every 20% on the Kill Rate, but the weapons I'm not too sure about.

little ace

little ace

ひぐらしのなくころに

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Nice. I'm still quite far from that, unfortunately. I couldn't get more than a B on SP02 on Ace.

Same here. I was lucky enough to get an S on 21A, but it seems that luck won't help me now.

"Received from Supporter" thing? Yeah, those things are a big boost for your wallet.

The last weapon, huh? Well, i got each weapon (with the exception of the last ones) for 1 mission with the plane. I usually get the last ones after another mission after receiving the 6th paint scheme. And i don't think it's random, cause it have some kind of pattern.

Speaking of weapons, i only have 2 more to go. Anyone noticed that the MiG-31 is carrying a missile like the LSWM? It has far smaller area of explosion & in Ace it can hardly kill a plane with 1 shot. It doesn't have the mega BOOM effect too. It's called SASM. Don't know what that stands for.

Edited by little ace, 09 September 2010 - 04:59 PM.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts
Short aerial suppression missile or something like that. I suppose it's a non-OMGWTFzor AoE A2A missile.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
Short range aerial suppresion missile, close enough. Speaking of which, anyone notice that the LSWM is less effective than in ACX? I fired one in the middle of the large fleet in 21A, and it only destroyed the ship I was targeting, and not the ships around it. They were close enough, but they were left untouched.

little ace

little ace

ひぐらしのなくころに

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Speaking of which, anyone notice that the LSWM is less effective than in ACX? I fired one in the middle of the large fleet in 21A, and it only destroyed the ship I was targeting, and not the ships around it. They were close enough, but they were left untouched.

Yeah, i know. It's pretty much useless now. That's why i use TLS & ODMM to face Super Dimension Varcolacs instead of using another Varcolac against them.

Anyone who have unlocked all weapons, tell us what kind of amazing weapons that you have.

Mobius

Mobius

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Oh, can it be unlocked by playing joint assault missions through Ad-hoc? Cause me & my brother can make a pretty good team...

But in any case, i was lucky enough to get Varcolac since that Macross Sulejmani accidentally flew towards me without firing anything. So i got an S... (LOL)

I'm guessing it can if you play the separate missions.

As for SP02 mission, I suggest Forneus with XMAA (it carries 36 of them).
Probably customize it as well.

My setup for an easy win (ok not so easy, but enough to make it a lot less nerve-wracking)
Engine: Hayabusa Engine
Wing: Adv. B. wing Body
Armor: NERA Armor
Avionics: Sniper OS or ACE Amulet (Ace Amulet heals your plane, though if you're confident, you can use Sniper OS to make the job faster)

This will give you a very high armor with maximum mobility, almost perfect stability and high Speed stats.

Use the XMAA once per wave of fighters to avoid getting overwhelmed (except for one wave)

It seems the time limit is 10-13 minutes to get S rank, you also must survive the two phases to get it.

BTW, LSWM sucks in this game, Jesus Christ, it didn't even take out the cruiser near to my target. (unlike back then where the missile can probably take down the whole fleet)

Edited by Mobius, 11 September 2010 - 12:00 AM.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
That, and the TLS seems a bit weaker as well. Keeping the F-22 as my #1 fighter.

little ace

little ace

ひぐらしのなくころに

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

I'm guessing it can if you play the separate missions.

Okay then.

As for SP02 mission, I suggest Forneus with XMAA (it carries 36 of them).
Probably customize it as well.

My setup for an easy win (ok not so easy, but enough to make it a lot less nerve-wracking)
Engine: Hayabusa Engine
Wing: Adv. B. wing Body
Armor: NERA Armor
Avionics: Sniper OS or ACE Amulet (Ace Amulet heals your plane, though if you're confident, you can use Sniper OS to make the job faster)

This will give you a very high armor with maximum mobility, almost perfect stability and high Speed stats.

Use the XMAA once per wave of fighters to avoid getting overwhelmed (except for one wave)

It seems the time limit is 10-13 minutes to get S rank, you also must survive the two phases to get it.

Thanks. I'll try it then...

BTW, LSWM sucks in this game, Jesus Christ, it didn't even take out the cruiser near to my target. (unlike back then where the missile can probably take down the whole fleet)

That's what i said. Do not use LSWM. It's useless, especially with its loading time. But when you're playing ACX, it's something else.

Mobius

Mobius

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

That, and the TLS seems a bit weaker as well. Keeping the F-22 as my #1 fighter.

I noticed that too, the beam needs to be on a target for more than a split second before it actually destroys it. They really nerfed almost everything here, including X-02 (Forneus is even better than it now, sheesh)

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts
There are some planes they really messed around with. The 1.44 was nerfed like hell, but at least it gets good parts. The F-22 has huge stats WITHOUT parts equipped. That's just what we needed, an even more overpowered Raptor.
The F-14 and F-15E were made much better, but balanced. Love them. On the other hand, they left the F-16 as a bottom feeder again, and it only gets the same crappy parts as early planes. I swear, if they do that again...

Also, does anyone find the MiG-29 quite sluggish, even with high maneuvrability?

Mobius

Mobius

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

There are some planes they really messed around with. The 1.44 was nerfed like hell, but at least it gets good parts. The F-22 has huge stats WITHOUT parts equipped. That's just what we needed, an even more overpowered Raptor.
The F-14 and F-15E were made much better, but balanced. Love them. On the other hand, they left the F-16 as a bottom feeder again, and it only gets the same crappy parts as early planes. I swear, if they do that again...

Also, does anyone find the MiG-29 quite sluggish, even with high maneuvrability?

It does, even MiG-31 is still sluggish even with high maneuverability.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

It does, even MiG-31 is still sluggish even with high maneuverability.

Yeah, but that one I was expecting. I was surprised when I saw it got the Adv Actuator

Seems the stats aren't that accurate in this game, because of the tuning and all. Plus, some of the fighters have quirks of their own. There are some that roll fast but don't turn that well, and the opposite as well.

Scarface

Scarface

Rookie

• Members
  • 39 posts
What's the name of the credit song? Who sang it? (4 voices in that song)

Scarface

Scarface

Rookie

• Members
  • 39 posts

I find the F-16 is a good starter. But once you reached mission 11 / 12 you will find it hard to pass on.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users