Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Questions/Feedback on ACJA thus far?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Terrarist

Terrarist

Rookie

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken
Same goes for the airborne fortresses (or balloons as they are in the game).
STOP! STOP forcing us to play multiplayer to unlock stuff in the game. It was bad enough in Ace X where it was only a few choice parts but now we have to unlock missions via "joint ops"? I can't get anyone to play Adhoc with me and Infrastructure from where I am is a joke so what do I do? Aside that the game did come across as something done half ass in some places.

All that aside this is an improvment on Ace X. I like the being able to customise aircraft aside the few in X. I like the additional weapons and the ability to "mix" whatever choice.

When all said and done. Some bad (dumb) choices were made but overall I like this edition.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Aside that the game did come across as something done half ass in some places.

Can you be more specific? I'm sure that N-B needs as much detailed information as you can supply, so they can fine-tune their future offerings.

People, you have a chance here to make a real difference in the future of Ace Combat. Don't waste it with vague statements and comparisons to other titles.

Let's get down to the nitty-gritty granular level and name names, levels, features (too many airborne fortresses, I remember hearing, for one), etc.

You guys do a great job at nit-picking the hell out of the game, now is the time to do it, for those of you who have AC:JA.

Go get 'em!

Scarface

Scarface

Rookie

• Members
  • 39 posts
Where is ADFX-01 the Morgan? Taking it out means it lacks the spirit of AC Zero.....

Imagine a fight between Pixy and Sulejmani.....

Overall it's good. 21 missions is a bit short. Online play is flawless. The best part of the game is it's online play (although you seldom come across someone trying to fly a A6M5 Type Zero or F6F-5 Hellcat against that Spiridus, lol)

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts
  • Squad:Funky Dogs
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
Just for the record, the ADFX-01 Morgan has never appeared outside of Zero, Scarface. The FALKEN, it's successor, is the "signature" Ace Combat plane that shows up everywhere.

Also, now that I've had some extended time to play co-op, I would like to say that the co-op stuff is EXCEPTIONALLY well done, and very lag free. I've been playing with Japanese pilots the past couple of days due to a lack of Americans on co-op, and rarely will I ever have lag issues.

F-16CJ (ES)

F-16CJ (ES)

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Squad:The Farce
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet
Good storyline.

One thing i hate in the game is.. WHY ARE YOU THE ONLY FIGHTER IN SOME MISSIONS?!

Hey all -

To those of you who were lucky enough to get to the stores yesterday to purchase ACJA, I hope you have been enjoying the online multiplayer modes, the new maps, and expanded arsenal of aircrafts. We want to make sure you are getting the most out of your playing experience so I want to open up this thread for gameplay/operating questions and feedback (positive or negative). Thoughts on the new maps, new control system, online modes, etc? Share them here!

Tornado ADV

Tornado ADV

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

Where is ADFX-01 the Morgan? Taking it out means it lacks the spirit of AC Zero.....

Imagine a fight between Pixy and Sulejmani.....

Overall it's good. 21 missions is a bit short. Online play is flawless. The best part of the game is it's online play (although you seldom come across someone trying to fly a A6M5 Type Zero or F6F-5 Hellcat against that Spiridus, lol)

21 missions is just fine, it's longer then AC4 and AC6 for mission count.

Valk

Valk

The Man Who Sold The World

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts
  • Squad:Funky Dogs
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

Good storyline.

What.

I'm probably the biggest fan of this game here who isn't a fanboy over it like ICEYOU, and even I thought the story and music sucked (music more for lack of an overarching theme, but story just plain sucked).

Scarface

Scarface

Rookie

• Members
  • 39 posts

What.

I'm probably the biggest fan of this game here who isn't a fanboy over it like ICEYOU, and even I thought the story and music sucked (music more for lack of an overarching theme, but story just plain sucked).

Well the storyline is okay.

Which other Ace Combat has a war instigated by corporation? AC3

and Terrorists are in there too. Except it all happened in this real world though....

But I do agree, the music sometimes isn't coherent at all.....

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
I like the music, end of story.

Scarface

Scarface

Rookie

• Members
  • 39 posts

How about planes? Do you think they should add AC3 planes and some other pretty iconic ones?

I think they should add A-4, A-7 (i remember seeing them on AC2), and some AC3 aircrafts (R-103 or R-211 Orcinus is good)

The attempt of Boeing 747 in AC is good. Maybe they will add AWACS to clear fog of war or KC-10 for refuelling ......

ICEYOUCOLD

ICEYOUCOLD

Permabanned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

What.

I'm probably the biggest fan of this game here who isn't a fanboy over it like ICEYOU,

Hey:(

The soundtrack is solid even if there are some inconsistencies.

Edited by ICEYOU, 05 September 2010 - 10:14 PM.

Terrarist

Terrarist

Rookie

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

The attempt of Boeing 747 in AC is good. Maybe they will add AWACS to clear fog of war or KC-10 for refuelling ......

It wasn't the worst mission but not being able to skip it is annoying. I don't care much for AWACS or the KC-10 bcuz they're not gonna be any more exciting. However to pilot a B-1 bombing run at low altitude high speed is appealing.

Skull01

Skull01

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
Congratulations to Namco-Bandai for coming here and opening for feedback. There's a lot to read here in terms of ideas for improvements, specially in the "how do you want the next ACs to be" style topics.

Now on the game:

- It would be nice if the non HD games had a Wii version. Should be easier than PS3 or 360 designed games to adapt.
- Having a multiple axis difficulty setting in the "advanced options" (within the possibilities of the game and the platform) would give the players exactly the kind of challenge they wanted: plane handicap x AI challenge x enemy handicap x player ammo x enemy ammo x enemy numbers x physics complexity and so forth. I'd custom it, for example, to have less ammo, more complex physics, enhanced AI with limited ammo and level handicap between my plane and the enemy's. Others might like it different. It could solve most of the "challenge" issue.
- To play a game focused on Russian or just European planes would be nice for a change. <_< Adding some "Russian/German/Swedish/French/British/Chinese levels" could be a good place to start.

Everything else was already pretty much said.

And thanks for making this awsome series. If it wasn't so awsome, we wouldn't spend hours arguing about what each of us thinks it is that prevented it from being perfect. :blink:

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

After beating JA all I can say is thank you Namco for delivering another console quality game to the psp.

Console quality? For a graphics whore like you, ACJA should make you go insane. If you mean PS1 quality, then yeah. The graphics were absolutely abhorrent.

ICEYOUCOLD

ICEYOUCOLD

Permabanned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Console quality? For a graphics whore like you, ACJA should make you go insane. If you mean PS1 quality, then yeah. The graphics were absolutely abhorrent.

Graphics alone don't make a "PSP" game console quality. But it's ok, you don't understand the psp nor it's limitations. :P

Edited by ICEYOU, 06 September 2010 - 01:51 PM.

CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• Members
  • 6,827 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Graphics alone don't make a "PSP" game console quality. But it's ok, you don't understand the psp nor it's limitations. :P

ACX had better graphics than ACJA. And Ace Combat really isn't taxing when it comes to the PSP. JA could have looked better.

ICEYOUCOLD

ICEYOUCOLD

Permabanned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

ACX had better graphics than ACJA. JA could have looked better.

ACX doesn't necessarily have better graphics than ACX2. In some areas yes, ACX does look better than ACX2. For example the cockpit view in X is pushing more polygons than the cockpit view in ACX2. They had to sacrifice graphics in some areas because of disc space. But Like I said before less pixels/polygons=more space. ACX2 DOES have better detailed plane models than X, though. As for the ground texture. . .in some areas it looks slightly better in X but they basically look the same.

ACX2 like Peace walker takes up the entire UMD (1.8gb)

And Ace Combat really isn't taxing when it comes to the PSP.

In japan yes, in other places in the world no, not really.

ACX2 has sold 58,657 units in japan as of today http://www.vgchartz....me.php?id=42596

Edited by ICEYOU, 06 September 2010 - 04:31 PM.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
The last 6 posts were SPAM and have been deleted.

C'Mon, guys! This is your chance to get your ideas and feedback heard!

Scarface

Scarface

Rookie

• Members
  • 39 posts
Find a good plane designer on designing a superplane

The superplane GAF-1 Varcolac in this series looks bad (I believed everyone agreed on this)

Some of the planes they designed for X and even Fenrir looks way better than this Varcolac

Kilel6

Kilel6

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
Mostly because I haven't played it yet, I'm just gonna say this... I don't like the fact that it takes place in the Real world and not Strangereal (If you aren't familiar with this term, good sir, it is the Namco Bandai created "Earth")...

If I play it I'll give more feedback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users