Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

181st Tactical Research Wing, 421st Experimental Squadron

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

Sabrestrike

Sabrestrike

"You keep the razor-sharp planes you shave your nuts with.&

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted Image

The Horns Of Jericho are in Tune...
The Fires Of Hatred are in Full Bloom...
To hear These Words is Death's Dark Call...
To feel Them is Evil's Violent Fall...
The Screams of Fear, Of Sadness, Of Pain...
The Voice Calls, "Scypio Rises Again."

There was once a mythical story, about a human who had given up his humanity to gain power... He had intended to use it for peace at first, but the one who granted it to him was impure, which had corrupted his mind... and his soul. With this power, he had gained a mindset that allowed him to gain more power... at the cost of many lives. This had gained the attention of the Gods, who sent hundreds of their best men to kill him, but the men never returned. The Gods later found out that he had killed them and absorbed their powers, and that he was now indestructible from all mortal men, and now seen as a demon. So they had created a being the size of ten men; of shining vermillion that had an exterior that was hard enough to shatter every single blade that touched it, claws sharp enough to cut a man in half, and a stinger sharp enough to penetrate every shield possible. It had a high amount of intelligence, and was named in an ancient tongue long lost to man... "Scypio", the ancient word for "scorpion". The Gods sent Scypio to defeat the human-turned-demon, but found that the demon had slaughtered more in a village, which had burned to the ground with everyone inside. Scypio attacked, angered by the fact that the demon had slaughtered countless women and children without remorse. The demon had not been surprised by the sudden attack, and he immediately stabbed at Scypio. However, Scypio had other plans, and snapped the blade with its claw. Scypio and the demon had dueled hand-to-claw for many days, until Scypio struck the killing blow. The demon got arrogant, and tried to attack Scypio's eyes, but made an opening. Scypio took the opening, stabbing its stinger through the chest of the demon, killing it in a spray of gore. It then pulled the stinger out, seperating the body into two halves... But then clicked its claws, and slowly grabbed the two halves of the body, which both burst into flames afterwards, supposedly because of the reaction between the holy energies of Scypio, and the massive impurities of the demon... Scypio was designated as the protector of the entire country after the battle by the Gods, and protected it until it vanished without a trace after the country became independent, the same year two new constellations appeared in the sky... Until the country became absorbed by Verusea, where fighter pilots from all around Verusea formed a Experimental Squadron, where they had proceeded to name it "Scypio", after the mythical scorpion creature. Using aircraft from Verusea's own surplus, they protect the skies of Verusea while all the while using daring maneuvers during airshows at airstrips all across Verusea. When they go into combat, however, they turn from stunt pilots into hardened warriors of the sky, tearing into enemies like Scypio's stinger itself. The saying "Beware of the Scorpion's Tail" rises from the Scypio Squadron's "godly" kill count.

"...Beware Of The Scorpion's Tail... Or you'll get Stung."

WELCOME ONE AND ALL! My name is Christian Flint, and I am the leader of the 181st Tactical Research Wing, 421st Experimental Squadron. "Scypio 1" is my Squad Number, "Sabrestrike" my Callsign. I am the leader of Scypio squad... I was formerly the leader of the PS2 Players in the Aeolus Wing, and an XO of the 13th TFW... I have been debating on creating my own squadron in a long time, and I now have the chance to. I am very active in the PS2 squadrons, so it is good for the active PS2 players as well... We allow ALL kinds of Ace Combat games, however. So you could have Ace Combat 3, and I'll let you in for that. You must have AT LEAST ONE Ace Combat game, and I will be doing mandatory Scypio-Only competitions on a sporadic-but-not-rare basis to check to see if you're active, so you won't really worry about going inactive all that much... But I would still like to know if you'd be active for the squad...

Application Form:

Name:

Squadron Number (Must be Scypio #):

Callsign:

Time You've Been On ACS:

Previous Squadrons (Leave blank if this is your first squadron):

Are you willing to play in ALL forms of Ace Combat?:

What Ace Combat games do you own?:

Aircraft you fly (Favorite Fighter Aircraft of the AC series)?:

XBL gamertag:

What time zone do you live in?:

Member of any other AC related forums and member name on that site?

Can you help with graphics (Signatures, Wallpapers, Avatars, Forum Graphics)?:

Will you be ACTIVE for ALL FORMS OF COMPETITION (Wars, In-Squad Competitions, Squad-vs-Squad Competitions, and the like)?:

Instant Messenger Addresses (Skype, Yahoo, AIM, MSN):

I appreciate any help with the squad, both squad members and non-squad members alike... The "private-and-public" forum is below.

Scypio HQ (Public and Private Forum)

Beware the Scorpion's Tail... 'cuz it'll sting you.

--Sabrestrike

Edited by Sabrestrike, 09 October 2010 - 05:26 PM.

Desert Fox

Desert Fox

Cor' Blimey mate! What are ye' doing in me pockets

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
Good luck dude.

Nic

Nic

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
Yes, definitely good luck. Least it'll be someone who knows what they are doing

Sabrestrike

Sabrestrike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
Thanks guys. I still need a bit o' tweakin' for the recruitment page, though, and maybe an awesome skin for the forums... I dun' like the blue and white.

AnnaManga

AnnaManga

Remilia Scarlet controls fate, What does Edward do?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts
wow another squad?! :lol: either new squads are being created or old ones revived

but its not a bad thing, have fun and good luck with your squad ;) :D

HawkerKestrel

HawkerKestrel

Sukhoi Conga Line!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
This sounds like a fun squad to join. So should I just fill out that thar form here?

Name: Nick

Squadron Number (Must be Scypio #): 5

Callsign: Riptide

Time You've Been On ACS: Over a year.

Are you willing to play in ALL forms of Ace Combat?: I don't understand the question.

What Ace Combat games do you own?: 6, X( but I don't have my PSP anymore), Xi.

Aircraft you fly (Favorite Fighter Aircraft of the AC series)?: F-16, F-22

XBL gamertag: Pilot7893

What time zone do you live in?: EST

Member of any other AC related forums and member name on that site?

Can you help with graphics (Signatures, Wallpapers, Avatars, Forum Graphics)?: No

Sabrestrike

Sabrestrike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
Yeah, I admit, this is a new squad... Took me a whole bunch of hours to get the thing typed down... Pretty much got in trouble with my dad, but hey. At least I'm now started on the road to livin' the dream of flyin' with my own squadron.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,890 posts

Yeah, I admit, this is a new squad... Took me a whole bunch of hours to get the thing typed down... Pretty much got in trouble with my dad, but hey. At least I'm now started on the road to livin' the dream of flyin' with my own squadron.

At least you were careful with the details, and that's the most important.
Having a carefully typed OP is a keystone to the formation of any squadron, and you managed that.
I think, right now, and with a bit of luck, you have everything to be successful.

Good luck.

Edited by Broth3r, 23 July 2010 - 03:52 PM.

Tweak

Tweak

I got my drink, I got my music

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Are you willing to play in ALL forms of Ace Combat?: I don't understand the question.

Basically he's asking if you're willing to play AC4, 5, and Z.

What Ace Combat games do you own?: 6, X( but I don't have my PSP anymore), Xi.

And by the looks of it, you won't be able to help out with that particular cause.

SMS SKULL 1

SMS SKULL 1

Takin' it easy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts
That emblem looks pretty cool to me. GG says-it.com, gg.

Ragin' Cajun

Ragin' Cajun

Infamous

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
Aye good luck bro. It's good to see another PS2 squadron running around. Maybe it'll vamp BAF's offline Squadrons up into gear and we can get a few competitions going once you get your feet under you. :)

Sabrestrike

Sabrestrike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
When I say ALL forms, I DO mean ALL Ace Combat games that you own/play. NOT limited to the Legacy games just because I only have the PS2. I may not have a 360 or PSP, but I will NOT discriminate consoles. An Ace Combat player is an Ace Combat player.

Nick, you're in. Welcome to the Scypio Squad. Please register for the board if you haven't already... I will see what I can do with your AC6-only playability...

Side note... Earlier, when I said ALL forms... It means ALL Ace Combat games. PSX games are allowed, too, if there are any old farts around who still own Air Combat, AC2, or AC3... But yes, those games are allowed... I know I'm probably gonna be known as the "odd squad" having an interest in the even-earlier AC games, but I am willing to have players who play ALL of the games in the squad. More games means more activity, right?

Bean

Bean

Just go forward in all your beliefs...

• Members
  • 5,833 posts
This squadron is a full protectorate of Aeolus Wing with freedom to maintain internal affairs. Members have a similar status to Aeolus Members.

We're an empire, thats how we roll.

Members do not get free Pizza.

Sabrestrike

Sabrestrike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
Thank you for addressing this, sir Bean... I hope to help increase research and development with the famed Aeolus squadron... The same one I had a role in for gaining more activity.

Sabrestrike

Sabrestrike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
...We do get discounts, however, right sir Bean?

-=cipher*rei=-

-=cipher*rei=-

I hope I didn't brain my damage...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
iirc sabrestrike is one of Hallcats TF ages ago.

Sabrestrike

Sabrestrike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
You mean the Hellcats? Naaaaaaaaaah, I was part of the 13th TFW, the one Tweakasaurus made, then after that crashed and burned, I went to Aeolus lookin' for a place to go... Though I wish I had gotten to ACS earlier and joined the Hellcats, purely for fame reasons. *shrug*

Edited by Sabrestrike, 24 July 2010 - 01:30 PM.

Nitropacked

Nitropacked

Rookie

• Members
  • 31 posts
Application Form:

Name: Ed

Squadron Number (Must be Scypio #): 6

Callsign: Rock (Don't think this means I can't fly, now.)

Time You've Been On ACS: 1 month, 14 days

Are you willing to play in ALL forms of Ace Combat?: I only own Ace Combat 6, unfortunately.

What Ace Combat games do you own?: Ace Combat 6

Aircraft you fly (Favorite Fighter Aircraft of the AC series)?: Su-33

XBL gamertag: Nitropacked

What time zone do you live in?: EST

Member of any other AC related forums and member name on that site?:

Can you help with graphics (Signatures, Wallpapers, Avatars, Forum Graphics)?: No, not at this particular moment.

Sabrestrike

Sabrestrike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
Alright, you're in... We need some AC6 guys in here as well...

...Now, since I've got more people playing AC6 than Legacy... *goes off to beg parents to get a used 360 and AC6*

Purple Flower 1

Purple Flower 1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Name: Jamie

Squadron Number (Must be Scypio #): 7

Callsign: Vostok (I like russians, lol)

Time You've Been On ACS: 1 year, 2 months and 8 days

Previous Squadrons (Leave blank if this is your first squadron): BAF, Republic of Emmeria.

Are you willing to play in ALL forms of Ace Combat?: Yes I am

What Ace Combat games do you own?: AC6 and AC5(Can't play AC5 until I get a new Playstation)

Aircraft you fly (Favorite Fighter Aircraft of the AC series)?: SU-27 Flanker

XBL gamertag: BestDevilChild

What time zone do you live in?: GMT+1

Member of any other AC related forums and member name on that site?:No

Can you help with graphics (Signatures, Wallpapers, Avatars, Forum Graphics)?: No