Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ACX is good for training.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

VitaminCakes

VitaminCakes

Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
I know this sounds stupid, but playing Ace Combat X will actually help you on Dog-fighting on the different consoles. You should try Ace Mode while flying an F-4 (It doesn't really matter since most of the planes in this game flies like a brick, even the F-22) against Alect Squadron or in Operation X. It's like having an iron ball clamped on every limb in your body while charging into battle. I've noticed this because this game was my first Ace Combat game that I've played, when I got Ace Combat Zero I thought the missiles would be that accurate. (and the F-15C seems to be even more maneuverable than the F-22 than the one on ACX.) The gun also fires in a straight line so it's hard when the gun reticule doesn't lock on the enemy plane. B)

dubit

dubit

Vintage Gamer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

I know this sounds stupid, but playing Ace Combat X will actually help you on Dog-fighting on the different consoles. You should try Ace Mode while flying an F-4 (It doesn't really matter since most of the planes in this game flies like a brick, even the F-22) against Alect Squadron or in Operation X. It's like having an iron ball clamped on every limb in your body while charging into battle. I've noticed this because this game was my first Ace Combat game that I've played, when I got Ace Combat Zero I thought the missiles would be that accurate. (and the F-15C seems to be even more maneuverable than the F-22 than the one on ACX.) The gun also fires in a straight line so it's hard when the gun reticule doesn't lock on the enemy plane. :lol:

We used to use Ace Combat 4, 5 etc., for training on how to fly RC Airplanes. Back then the PS2 was huge and those two games could be found anywhere. We used to tell people interested that if they could play that game, reach Ace difficulty then they were ready to try RC Airplanes as the controls were the same. (Rudder/Elevator/Aileron)

Some would of course preferred to learn the slower way (Buddy Cable attached to their radio) and it's a time tested way to train. But those who did the AC thing always stated they learned to fly solo so much faster than those that didn't. Oh, and I wasn't the one who mentioned it to our club, it was actually in the Model Aviation Magazine that I found it mentioned for the first time.

ICEYOUCOLD

ICEYOUCOLD

Permabanned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
I've been playing alot of Ace Combat X recently. . .Im preparing myself for AC:JA.

Ares

Ares

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Good for training? Maybe for those that started with the psp controls. I'm an ac veteran (Played air combat and played the series from ac4 on up) and just bought myself a psp a couple months ago along with acx and ac:ja. Can't quite get used to the psp analog controls quite yet, but managing to get far into the campaign regardless. I think within a couple months of playing I may get used to them, but who knows; chances are ac on psp might not be my thing.

My apologies on he semi necro post, but I thought I had to say my piece.

RadPig94

RadPig94

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

My apologies on he semi necro post, but I thought I had to say my piece.

Semi? Man, this thread was as dead as my cat who also died 2 years ago.

Ace Combat doesn't really train for anything except for hand-eye coordination for a harder game such as a simulator. Physics of the stall isn't modeled accurately

Ares

Ares

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Don't even get me started on simulators, rad. And I consider less than a month semi. Dead, but revivable, you know? Even if it is just temporarily.

Edit: Did I say a monh? My bad. Must've been too focused on the month and day. Oh well; shit happens, I guess. Thread was pretty dead. At least I noticed it at all. Well, I said my piece about it at least; psp analog controls isn't all that compared to everything else, I've tooken part in (Game consoles, pc and regular simulators (funny story on that which I wish I had a vid camera for at the time. Major lol.)

Edited by Ares, 04 June 2012 - 10:33 PM.