Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Need volunteers with modding/programming experience

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
  • Squad:FA
  • Plane:F-15SG Eagle
@Viper Zero:

Can you send me the aircraft texture files from AC1 and 2 as bmps?

FlyAwayNow

FlyAwayNow

When it all hits the FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A
Ask around FPSbanana and ModB, I'm sure there is at least someone sympatetic to this cuase. And if I can contribute at the very least is to Story Concept and perhaps OST.

Edited by FlyAwayNow, 19 May 2010 - 04:41 PM.

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
OST is taken care of; will be recording new versions of AC1 and AC2 tracks with some of my music nerd friends. Story's all planned out already.

FlyAwayNow

FlyAwayNow

When it all hits the FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
Fine, But you BETTER put a tunnel scene.

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Plane:F-2A Viper Zero

@Viper Zero:

Can you send me the aircraft texture files from AC1 and 2 as bmps?

one and two? sure but they are really low res

tell me what planes you want

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
All of them, if possible.

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

All of them, if possible.

it took me a few moments to get them all from ac2 but their are over 13,000 textures in the game so its going to take a few days to go throught them all to find the aircraft. ac1 is kind of odd because it was the first us ps1 game and the files are not encyrpted so there a mess of them to go through but i doubt that will be to hard. if you need any from the ps2 games let me know.

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts

Posted Image

The FCU's overwhelming victory in the 1972 Good Friday War with Erusea demonstrated that the nation posed a negligible threat to Central Usean interests, and a significant downsizing of the FCUAF, along with other branches of the federal military, followed. The world, however, was not in such a stable state; Western-backed regimes on Verusan continent frequently came into contact with Yuktobania's expanding sphere of influence, and Osea's defeat to Clavian Communists deterred further overt support of friendly governments in those contested regions.

Recently-decommissioned pilots from the FCUAF's disestablished 92d Tactical Fighter Squadron, Scarface, recognized that an essential factor in Yuktobania's offensive military actions was airpower, which small regimes had no hope of countering. In 1975 they formed Scarface Tactical Aerospace Solutions (STAS), offering experienced pilots to train third-world air forces. The first customer was Sotoa, which hired Scarface to teach advanced ACM to its F-14 Tomcat pilots. On occasion STAS instructors engaged in combat, and they shot down five hostile aircraft in territorial disputes during their deployment. Collecting tremendous revenue from this contract and with many more governments showing interest in their services, STAS used its profits in the late 70's to finance a logistical and maintenance branch, which throughout the 80's found reliable work in supplementing the support personnel of several air forces.

Throughout the 80's the Cold War heated up; introduction of Anti-Ballistic Missile systems by both the Oseans and Yuktobanians gradually wore away the threat of nuclear annihilation, and conventional proxy wars grew in scale and quantity. In 1982 STAS purchased six surplus F-16A Block 15s from the FCUAF formed the first two of its Special Tactical Fighter Squadrons to contract out their services as combat pilots to regimes facing Yuktobanian invasion. STAS took a number of lucrative contracts that immediately offset the costs of their F-16s, culminating in a number of strategic victories in holding off Yuktobanian expansion to the west. Scarface gained much exposure while fighting alongside the Kalugan Air Force in the Tyumen Dispute. They were instrumental in devastating Yuktobanian air assets at the Battle of Dimitr, but failed to achieve a strategic victory due in part to unskilled Kalugan pilots taking heavy losses and an overwhelming Yuktobanian ground offensive. The Kalugans' poor tactics highlighted the need for well-trained air forces in the region, which Scarface offered to rectify. These additional training contracts financed the formation of two more STFSs consisting of three more F-16As and three F/A-18A+s.

As of 1995, Scarface's four Special Tactical Fighter Squadrons have undertaken various air policing missions with the FCU, whose federal military has been predominately deployed to across the continent to counter perceived Erusean aggression and to Belka to engage in peacekeeping duties. The 2d STFS has spent the past several months in Comona, supporting government forces with close air support against Navotan Islamist rebels. The deployment has served as on the job training for newly-hired pilots John Harvard and Kei Nagase, much to the chagrin of its commander who joined Scarface to see dogfights rather than to effortlessly bomb some AK-toting hajjis.

His wish is about to come true.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ragin' Cajun

Ragin' Cajun

Infamous

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
daww they're so pretteh. :3

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
do you want just scareface planes or every plane in the game

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
I'm most interested in enemy planes; hey have insignia on them in both AC1 and AC2 that I'd like a better look at.

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
is there any way i could contact you about this since i may have to send it in parts depending on a number of factors

RazgrizRogue

RazgrizRogue

HAHA STUPID NEEEEEERDS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
  • Squad:Funky Squadron
  • Plane:UH-9A Sea Goblin
'Dem Scarface planes are perrtiful

FlyAwayNow

FlyAwayNow

When it all hits the FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
Ok, great, your cradiling a new born baby in a hostile territory of Ubisoft.

HowlingMadDog

HowlingMadDog

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
This could be very interesting...

I don't have any talent when it comes to editing scripts and whatnot, but if you need a female voice actor, even for just random blurbs, I'd be willing to help out. :)

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
Osaka will probably be AC2-Nagase, but I'll let you know if there are any other female VA roles that come up.

Also, Viper Zero, email stuff to me at zaku at acecombatskies.com.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767

Osaka will probably be AC2-Nagase, but I'll let you know if there are any other female VA roles that come up.

Also, Viper Zero, email stuff to me at zaku at acecombatskies.com.

What? How come YOU get to have an ACS email address? D:

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
these were a lot smaller then the scarface skins so I'll post them here for who ever wants to see them

it took me a while because i've been really sick this week and I had to go through 13,119 textures.

its in png because bmp was causing color loss but you can save them to what ever you want. I included a few other random textures that you might be intrested in. i'll get the player skins in the next few days they are much more organized/

Posted Image

Ragin' Cajun

Ragin' Cajun

Infamous

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
ooooh i like those.

PhantomPhanatic

PhantomPhanatic

Viper 03

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts
  • Squad:9th Air Division "Warhawks"
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II
Drop me a line if you need help with modeling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users