Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Planes and the SP Scheme

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

It's gay, it's uncanny. Come back when you learn not to overuse question marks. :lol:

And about YF-23 saying everyone hates war: I don't. I think it kicks ass.

I tend not to take the opinion of someone serious, who thinks, war "kicks ass".

And just for the record, find me another posts on mine in this forum where I used more than one question and/or exclamation mark for one sentence at once, except for "?!" / "!?".
I do this so rarely, christmas happens more often.

scottishace

scottishace

Glasgow Rangers Champions Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

It's gay, it's uncanny. Come back when you learn not to overuse question marks. ;)

War kicks ass? 8 people in my family have served in war. 4 or 5 have been injured. All, especially my great great uncle, were phsycologically (SP definately) scarred.
But anyway. Tornado ECR and F-2 paintjobs are solid.

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,245 posts
  • Plane:YF-23A

It's gay, it's uncanny. Come back when you learn not to overuse question marks. ;)

You don't know much about the japanese, do you?

So, you like war? How about we sent *you* on real war, and see how you will be feeling when you are about to take 7 rifle bullets in the chest. Or, if you have children in the future, let us see how you will like war when they are sent there, risking their lives everyday. What exactly do you like about war? Death? Coz that's the only thing war is. Death. If you like death so much, jump from the top of a 70-floor building.

scottishace

scottishace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

You don't know much about the japanese, do you?

So, you like war? How about we sent *you* on real war, and see how you will be feeling when you are about to take 7 rifle bullets in the chest. Or, if you have children in the future, let us see how you will like war when they are sent there, risking their lives everyday. What exactly do you like about war? Death? Coz that's the only thing war is. Death. If you like death so much, jump from the top of a 70-floor building.

*applause* well said YF-23. Come back when you have seen your two best friends killed in France. (my great grandfather) Or when you've killed a family of french, children and all, with a grenade by mistake (my great great uncle. Come back when you've been shot in the leg and dragged back (my great uncle again) or when you've been shot down in a hawker hurricane and been killed. (another great great uncle)

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
I remember a story a Staff Sergeant told me, when I was i the military.
Everytime they were out on patrol, they saw dead bodies at the sides of the road.

You don't have to participate ... just witnessing the cruel nature of war disgust you FAR more then enough.

Okay, back to topic.

I wonder, the rafale B's scheme, is the blue part at the front supposed to by the sky? I never really came to a conclusion.

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts

I wonder, the rafale B's scheme, is the blue part at the front supposed to by the sky? I never really came to a conclusion.

I always thought it was supposed to be an explosion. You know, the front is the source of it, it emits light and heat, and that's why it looks white. Then as we procede the heat turns into flames. Or it could be like a color diagram of the intensity of the flames; the turn from white to blue to red when cooled off. This white transition could also well fit the explosion theme as the source that caused the explosion would be hotter than the rest of it.

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
Yeah, that sounds reasonable.

Well, in any case, it's one hell of a paintjob! ^^

I wish, the Typhoon would have get one, too ... grey, ugly-camo (but the sky blue underside is somehow nice), and (of course) Razgriz-black.
And for Zero? Grey again (!), boring-bronze (from AC#04, but it gets the closest to gold), ugly-camo again (!), BLACK again (!) and the Rot scheme, which is cool, but still Rot's scheme - not mine.

The Typhoon is the big loser when it comes to paintjobs. I can understand, why grey and black (the grey one is the german scheme, a black scheme was on the first british Typhoon).
But I know, this is no place to whine ...

clever_username

clever_username

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Squad:why should i join yours?
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
so is there a specific difficulty you have to be on to unlock these wacky paint schemes?

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
Normal and higher, and destroy the named aces in various missions.

scottishace

scottishace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
Who else noticed that there aren't enough aces in this game, and the ones that are in them, very few you have time to engage with (mostly just a quick XLAA) or they're crappy and you can dogfight them (Rafale ace. F-4G ace)

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
Well, they aren't exactly few, they are as many as the SP colors, safe for the F-22's, the Wyvern's and the Falken's And some of the aces are really tough to shoot down, eg Zipang (F-14D). And if you don't stiffarm them some of the Aces are pretty tough.

scottishace

scottishace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
Zipang isn't that tough. Drop in behind him, fire one missile, and finish him with bullets.

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
Did he just say Zipang can be tricky to shoot down?
What's up with the US version? My PAL-Aces never seem to give me problems.
Only DistanThunder is sometimes a pain in the neck, as he turns on a dime - for real (we all know the YA-10b can turn really sharp, but enemy Aces always turn sharper in their respective plane than a player ever could).

End in the end, once you got the FALKEN it's easy to obtain the schemes. So if it's only about getting them, no thing worthy talking about.

But I get Zipang in the F-5E. On Aces of course.

A lot of Aces are suicidal: Zaharda, Daredevil, Twicedead, Mindripper, Decoder, Replicator, AbleCain, ... all very easy to kill head-on and these aren't the only ones.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
  • Squad:Aquila Wing/Yellow Squadron
Zipang it a little tricky, that is unless you get him head on when he appears.

He has a tendency to pop flares when you fire missiles at him.

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts

Did he just say Zipang can be tricky to shoot down?
What's up with the US version? My PAL-Aces never seem to give me problems.
Only DistanThunder is sometimes a pain in the neck, as he turns on a dime - for real (we all know the YA-10b can turn really sharp, but enemy Aces always turn sharper in their respective plane than a player ever could).

End in the end, once you got the FALKEN it's easy to obtain the schemes. So if it's only about getting them, no thing worthy talking about.

But I get Zipang in the F-5E. On Aces of course.

A lot of Aces are suicidal: Zaharda, Daredevil, Twicedead, Mindripper, Decoder, Replicator, AbleCain, ... all very easy to kill head-on and these aren't the only ones.

What US version? I'm from Greece! :P

Zipang it a little tricky, that is unless you get him head on when he appears.

Even head-on, he turns and drops a flare, and I end up being forced to dogfight him! And even then, I shoot one missile, he drops a flare, I shoot a 2nd missile after a second or two, it gets distracted by the flare he used for the first missile. Only guns go for that dogfight! Of course he ends up in flames, but he's giving me a hard time till he ends up that way!

scottishace

scottishace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
If you want him that badly, fly slightly above him in the F-5E (about twenty feet) and stay between fifty and one hundred feet behind him. Then bomb the shithole. He doesn't evade.

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Guess what, many Aces do that. AND the B-2's in "White Bird Part I". That's what I hate. Once you fire a missle, they speed up and ignite flares.

What US version? I'm from Greece! :P

HOW am I supposed to know? ;)

Even head-on, he turns and drops a flare, and I end up being forced to dogfight him!

? Okay, what's up with YOUR version?

I'm awfully sorry, but I do NOT share your opinion about Zipang. Flares, yes, crappy manoeuvres (flying through the sea, yeah, of course), yes, but still ... head -on's always work, when done right.
For me, that is.

If you want him that badly, fly slightly above him in the F-5E (about twenty feet) and stay between fifty and one hundred feet behind him. Then bomb the shithole. He doesn't evade.

As much as I respect the ability of some guys to bomb flyng targets like Zipang, that's just cheap somehow ... hard to do IMO, but cheap ...

scottishace

scottishace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Guess what, many Aces do that. AND the B-2's in "White Bird Part I". That's what I hate. Once you fire a missle, they speed up and ignite flares.
HOW am I supposed to know? :P

I'm awfully sorry, but I do NOT share your opinion about Zipang. Flares, yes, crappy manoeuvres (flying through the sea, yeah, of course), yes, but still ... head -on's always work, when done right.
For me, that is.
As much as I respect the ability of some guys to bomb flyng targets like Zipang, that's just cheap somehow ... hard to do IMO, but cheap ...

That's only if you want him badly. I mix it up with him usually, but he ends up destroyed in the first 5 seconds after I've got him in missile range, literally. It's quite crappy

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts

Well, you can get the B-2s with SPWs. They don't even try to avoid them. Zipang is harder to hit with SPWs.

For me, that is.

Well, he doesn't exctly try to avoid the head-on missiles, he just doesn't come exctly towards me, it's like he's targetting something behind me, ya know? So, due to that crappy angle of attack and his stupid flares, my head-on shots fail to connect.

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
I fly Typhoon. I fire XLAA. I have "range". :P
Thanks in any case, but I already knew that (another advantage, XLAA kills the B-2 instandly, like all SP-AA-Weapons, but I'm not telling you something new).

That's strange. I usually get Aces head-on, or don't (depends on if I can generate a 0-5 degrees angle).
Perhaps I should note that I always try to fly so that I'll cross the wreck above. Missiles are mounted underneath, so I just think, it makes it easier for them to hit, when the target is a bit below me.

I have some feeling that this was bad english right now ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users