Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat Joint Assault

• Please log in to reply
1031 replies to this topic

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

And what's the problem with them making another PSP game? Aren't we intitled to it?

Aren't we, the ones who got a 360 (or even PS3, lol) for AC6, also entitled to a new game after almost 2.5 years? : |

And what exactly would make it difficult to come up with a half-decent plot for a civil war?

Hell, I think the Estovakian Civil War would make for a nice setting, and it's the first time such a setting is used in AC anyway (unless you count AC3 where it's not like countries matter anyway, and sort of AC2 but that one didn't have much of a plot anyway). A setting does not a decent plot make, sure, but it's a start.

Edited by PositronCannon, 12 January 2010 - 01:54 PM.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,903 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

Aren't we, the ones who got a 360 (or even PS3, lol) for AC6, also entitled to a new game after almost 2.5 years? : |

Didn't said you aren't, but some said we aren't, just so you get AC7 some months earlier.
And I've been waiting for 4 :/

Hell, I think the Estovakian Civil War would make for a nice setting, and it's the first time such a setting is used in AC anyway (unless you count AC3 where it's not like countries matter anyway, and sort of AC2 but that one didn't have much of a plot anyway). A setting does not a decent plot make, sure, but it's a start.

2 games featuring Estovakia in a row?
Plus an AC6-accessory game would be little more tha a slap in the PSP's players face. "They get the real stuff, screw you".

Edited by Broth3r, 12 January 2010 - 01:59 PM.

Bean

Bean

Just go forward in all your beliefs...

• Members
  • 5,833 posts
  • Squad:Judoon Platoon Upon The Moon
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Here's the link @ Kotaku. Along with a few screenshots.

http://kotaku.com/54...he-psp/gallery/

Can they stop wasting there time and get to AC7 please?

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
Quit playing around Project Aces.

We want AC7.

Ghost Six

Ghost Six

True aces seek new skies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • Squad:Lancers I guess.
I pray for this to be "one-time bunch of sticksty".

Bean

Bean

• Members
  • 5,833 posts
And not to say the game shouldn't go to PSP, but if Project Aces hadn't been screwing around with Innocent Aces and the iPod, the PSP game could have been out by now and this could have been an announcement for AC7.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,903 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

And not to say the game shouldn't go to PSP, but if Project Aces hadn't been screwing around with Innocent Aces and the iPod, the PSP game could have been out by now and this could have been an announcement for AC7.

With you there, but they'd prolly say the same I am saying. And rightfully so...

The problem here is the faggortry that is making all AC's exclusives. I'm tired of AC being used as a cash cow off exlusivity contracts.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,808 posts
Which is funny considering how it's not like AC sells that much anyway.

Bean

Bean

• Members
  • 5,833 posts
Well you have to ask yourself, will AC make enough profit for Namco Bandai without the money from the exclusive contract?

EDIT: Or rather, Namco has to ask that.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,808 posts
*shrug* It just doesn't sound very profitable to me from the console manufacturer's perspective. Even from the developer's perspective... the amount has to be pretty good to be more profitable than the potential sales from a multiplatform release... though that would also imply higher costs in the first place.

Then again, I don't really know much about this whole thing and it's kinda off-topic anyway.

Bean

Bean

• Members
  • 5,833 posts
I don't either, that's why I put the question out lol

And to those who say that Strangereal is out of story and countries, while I don't agree, you can always make a new parallel universe.

Strike Commander

Strike Commander

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle
God you people are b*tchy. I swear, some of you a professional complainers.

Namco isn't obligated to make any Ace Combat games, you should be happy they're atleast keeping the franchise going.

Edited by Strike Commander, 12 January 2010 - 02:51 PM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

God you people are b*tchy. I swear, some of you a professional complainers.

Namco isn't obligated to make any Ace Combat games, you should be happy they're atleast keeping the franchise going.

When they keep the franchise going on platforms that are crap as far as playing AC on them goes, I think I'll keep complaining.

Edited by PositronCannon, 12 January 2010 - 02:58 PM.

Strike Commander

Strike Commander

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
What would you guys rather have, a PSP game between now and whenever AC7 is released, or no more AC games period?

To me, the fact that they're making a PSP game is an encouraging sign that atleast the franchise isn't dead, so the posibility still exists that another console game could come out one of these days.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,808 posts

What would you guys rather have, a PSP game between now and whenever AC7 is released, or no more AC games period?

To me, the fact that they're making a PSP game is an encouraging sign that atleast the franchise isn't dead, so the posibility still exists that another console game could come out one of these days.

Personally, I'd rather have no PSP game and AC7 at the end of this year, 3 years after AC6 came out. Fair enough. But with this, it will probably be another year...

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force

True, but the fact that this game... isn't in Strangereal worries me.

GARUDA ZERO123

GARUDA ZERO123

Skatin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
<----Has no PSP *raging*

D<

MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18F Super Hornet
Mabey they need the funds from the 2 projects to create Ace combat 7, I don't think ace combat 6 sold enough to make another i'm sure millions of dollars goes into developing a new game and alot more than 3 years with the new consoles.

SG-17

SG-17

Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Squad:F.E.A.F.
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD
I knew there was a reason I couldn't sell my PSP. Also the Kotaku article states online play, infrastructure hopefully and not WLAN.

infernal

infernal

GA-KO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  • Plane:R-103 Delphinus III
IGN is saying it has Infrastructure.

The big news is that the game's namesake plays a major part in the experience as the story mode can be played with two to four players. Some missions will make use of the new Joint Assault Mission System, which breaks the players into teams and has them coordinate attacks where each effort can affect the other team's situation. So, one team might be tasked with taking out a generator in one location, while the other is sent in striking a ground team. If the first team disables the generator, the other team will find that the enemy's defensive systems will go offline. Happily, players won't be stuck with a local experience as the game supports Ad-Hoc, Ad-Hoc Party and Infrastructure connections. There will, of course, also be adversarial options for competitive multiplayer as well, which will support up to eight players.

http://psp.ign.com/a.../1060003p1.html

This is going to be an awesome release. ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users