Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 4 Help Topic

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
Out of in-game discussion:
Where I can got a AC04 copy?
Problem: I live in Colombia.
Problem 2: I still don't know how ask it for internet.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
You might look at EBay in Brazil, Argentina or Mexico.

Posted Image

;)

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Thanks Y13!

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Much time since I saw this topic, but I need help, How I unlock the Yellow scheme for the Su-37?

SlyCooperFan1

SlyCooperFan1

Acepedia Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Much time since I saw this topic, but I need help, How I unlock the Yellow scheme for the Su-37?

You need to shoot down all 18 named aces in the game. It costs 803,000 credits.

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

You need to shoot down all 18 named aces in the game. It costs 803,000 credits.

So I must found all the SP color of the other planes, gotha!

Chopper15

Chopper15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
Little question:

The FAEB have the same damage radius as the UGBL?

For me, looks like yes.

Jester

Jester

Noob

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18E Super Hornet

Hey, I just came here to ask for some help. I am stuck on mission 17 "Siege of Farbanti." The first half of the mission where you just attack targets and score points is quite easy. But I just can't seem to defeat the Yellows. At most, I can shoot down 1 or maybe 2, but then I can't get a shot off on any of the other ones, and I just get swarmed and taken down very quickly. What am I doing wrong? I am using the F-22 raptor, so I doubt that I'm using an "incapable" plane. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,158 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

If you're desperate, use QAAM's. Or you can just joust or slow down whenever they pass you.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack

If you're desperate, use QAAM's. Or you can just joust or slow down whenever they pass you.

>slow down
>ace mode
>any mode
Yeah, no. That's like asking them to shove a missile up your rectum.

If you have a plane with QAAMs, use that instead of the Raptor. Either that or git gud, there's really no other way around it. Don't ever slow down unless you need to pull a tight turn to keep on someone, and don't obsess over a kill when missiles are coming too close. XMAA them when they first appear and hope one of them gets hit. Spamming them in general works if you have a good angle. Make use of the return line if you have enough time. The final Yellow tends to drag you into a circlejerk, so you'll have to break it up yourself.

Oh yeah, when they do a cobra, slam on the brakes and punch them full of lead.

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

Wants an HD R-103 so bad.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Squad:None
  • Plane:E-767

If you're using XMAAs or XLAAs, that helps for the first approach.  From there, try to notice if one of them does a 180 so you're at their six.  If one does, go right after him with standard missiles, even guns if you're close enough.  Guns are a godsend for getting damage onto enemies while they're turning.

Get in close with guns, whenever you have a lead hit them with that while they're turning, pop a MSSL or two if they're rolling to switch direction.  Slowing down does help to keep pace with one if you're chasing, contrary to the above post. 

However, if a missile is indeed coming at you, check your rear or the radar to verify which angle its coming from; if youre about to turn straight into it or something, do at least a quarter roll but keep pitching down, AC04 enemy missiles are very unforgiving.  If it forces you off one of them, there's bound to be another one in a more vulnerable position.  Find that Yellow and snuff him out.

Worst case scenario, if none of this works, but you managed to unlock the Su-37 yourself (assuming this is your first playthrough, I've always unlocked the Su-37 just before having to do Farbanti, in my experience), its default special weapon is QAAM.  If anything you'd just have to buy UGBL for the bulk of the mission.  When there's a minute or so of time left before the Yellows show up, return to  base, switch out for QAAMs, then   If memory serves, 1 QAAM is enough to take a Yellow down, but worst case scenario fire both off once you have a lock.  Keep flying defensively and pick them off one by one.  Assuming no QAAMs are wasted, worst case scenario is there will only be 1 Yellow left when you're out of QAAMs.  Get on his tail quickly and slow down as much as needed to stay there.  If it's the last Yellow, no enemy missiles to worry about.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Hey, I just came here to ask for some help. I am stuck on mission 17 "Siege of Farbanti." The first half of the mission where you just attack targets and score points is quite easy. But I just can't seem to defeat the Yellows. At most, I can shoot down 1 or maybe 2, but then I can't get a shot off on any of the other ones, and I just get swarmed and taken down very quickly. What am I doing wrong? I am using the F-22 raptor, so I doubt that I'm using an "incapable" plane. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Just hit and run the Yellows. Missiles have a speed limit under that of some of your aircraft, plus they don't turn quickly enough to evade yours since unlike in turnfights, your missiles have the angle to smack them. With that method, you will think Yellows are piloted by braindead simians. It's basically nigh infallible once you know how to hit and run. You can kill aces easily in planes like the MiG-31 in some other AC games too with my method. Hell, you won't even need QAAMs for this. Just use regular missiles. If you're willing to have a challenge, only use guns. If you're a masochist, use RCLs only. If you're some sort of Chuck Norris of the sky, then bomb the Yellows.

Also, don't you worry much about the missiles. Pretty much all missiles in the AC series require less than a heart's pulse to evade. AC 4's missiles are better than AC 5's, but they're still very easy to evade once you get the patterns down.

Skyeye's stream has an excellent example of hit and run tactics against them dirty Yellows. Watch the part with Mission 17, and educate yourself with awe.

Honestly though, Yellows may be stupid deadly in turns, but they're complete suckers for hit and run. It's like fighting Zekes with a P-47: don't you dare try outturning and let your speed do the talking. You'll be surprised at how effective hit and run is.

Jester

Jester

Noob

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18E Super Hornet

Thanks for all of the replies. I did use the "hit and run" tactics and found them to be pretty effective, but I did also use QAAMs. God those things are ridiculous. I mean I would fire a QAAM at a yellow, miss, and then kill him like 10-15 seconds later. I felt like a complete scumbag for beating the mission with QAAMs to be honest. 

Yellow 5

Yellow 5

Battle-Seasoned Nugget Leader -Extra Crispy-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Squad:OADF
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle

I did it, pretty easily, in the F-15... though, I did every mission in the F-15. I usually gained some altitude and then dived back down on them, for some reason they didn't seem to follow me in the climb. Anyway, that works pretty well, also, QAAMs are for the weak, real men use guns.

CarrierBuzzard

CarrierBuzzard

Phantom Phanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II
Don't know if this is of help to anyone but I currently have an AC4 Walkthrough in the works:

https://www.youtube....tDP6hZqkpWZNF9T

It will be done, soon.

ThirstierRug19

ThirstierRug19

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Both the Su-37 and S-37 are great all-rounder fighters for air-to-ground and air-to-air missions, both armed with UGBLs and QAAMs. In the missions which are primarily ground attack, its best to use either one of the two since they can hit hard with their UGBLs. During these missions, stick to mainly ground targets, ignoring enemy fighters unless you feel like they are becoming annoyances and your wingmen can't shoot 'em down for you. QAAMs are slightly more effective than XMAAs because the QAAMs can track your target for a while and they're effective against Yellow Squadron. XMAAs are more suited against bombers in AC04.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users