Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 4 Help Topic

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

Wants an HD R-103 so bad.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Squad:None
  • Plane:E-767

I can't sp. continue! The game is forcing me to do a campaign on expert mode (which I've already completed with all "S" ranks by the way), and it won't let me start a new campaign on another difficulty. I don't know if it's a glitch orit's just bad programing on Namco's part not allowing you to start a new campaign until you've finished the current one. Help would be very much appreciated.

Sadly, it's not a glitch. AC04 won't let you start a new campaign until you finish the current one. :\

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet

Sadly, it's not a glitch. AC04 won't let you start a new campaign until you finish the current one. :\

Oh well, thanks for the help. Now, does anyone have a list of enemy aces locations they would like to post?

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
  • Squad:Aquila Wing/Yellow Squadron
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon
Follow the link:

http://www.shattered.../acefinder.html

Jason

Jason

Vector Thrust here I come!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
I need a Hand with safe return. I cant seem to get S on it on Ace
I mean I know I had problems, yet those jammer blimps make me rage.
and BTW I use the EF-2k for it.

Timerlane

Timerlane

Overseer of Slag Determination

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Squad:Old Legacy-Series Grognard
  • Plane:MiG-31 Foxhound-A
It's a little easier to see the jammer balloons backdropped by the sky rather than the ground, so flying a little lower might help you find them.

It also might help to switch to either HUD or third-person view to give you a wider/less obstructed view, as well.

Smatt92

Smatt92

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Plane:MiG-21bis Fishbed-L

I need a Hand with safe return. I cant seem to get S on it on Ace
I mean I know I had problems, yet those jammer blimps make me rage.
and BTW I use the EF-2k for it.

You may be pleased to know that the mindless blips on your radar are in fact the location of blimps, fly slow-ish (300kts+-) until you see the blimp on screen, then fire away and pay close attention to your radar for the next nearest target. There are only a few patterns the radar shows before starting over.

For example...
(dots represent blimps on radar)

1. . . . .
. . . .
. . .. .

2. .... .
. . . .
. .. . .

3. . . . .
. . . .
. . .. .

I'm not sure this is the best way to describe it, but basically if there is a dot on the radar, there is a blimp there.

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A
I'm sorry if I resurrect a dead topic, but then I was confused about mission 12:"Stonehenge Offensive". My question is, do I really have to fly below 2.000 feet to avoid the attacks from Stonehenge all the time in order to keep myself safe?

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • Squad:Lancers.
How do i increase quality of graphics? I just revisited AC04 from 2 years break and literally got a headache from the graphics

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

How do i increase quality of graphics? I just revisited AC04 from 2 years break and literally got a headache from the graphics

Well, I also suffer from the same issue. When playing with an LCD TV, I can't seem to properly locate a distant missile trail fired from an enemy, forcing me to rely on radar everytime I got a missile alert.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Well, I also suffer from the same issue. When playing with an LCD TV, I can't seem to properly locate a distant missile trail fired from an enemy, forcing me to rely on radar everytime I got a missile alert.

Same with you too buddy, i use LCD TV. so, original TV's work better?

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Same with you too buddy, i use LCD TV. so, original TV's work better?

CRT TVs, like the 21 inch ones however, felt too small for me when I played my PS2 in my sister's house (As I left it there, being the main reason of being unable to play AC). But I think the main reason is that it wasn't made for HDTVs. (Albeit I somehow able to see missiles from longer distance when playing on LCD TVs in later AC games according to my experience)

And yay! It's my 1000th post!

Edited by SatoKasu, 15 January 2011 - 09:24 AM.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts

CRT TVs, like the 21 inch ones however, felt too small for me when I played my PS2 in my sister's house (As I left it there, being the main reason of being unable to play AC). But I think the main reason is that it wasn't made for HDTVs. (Albeit I somehow able to see missiles from longer distance when playing on LCD TVs in later AC games according to my experience)

And yay! It's my 1000th post!

I use my computer screen for most of my gaming as I received it with that very purpose in mind. I am pretty sure that it, like most computer screens, is also an LCD. It's 27 inches, and I can spot those missile trails just fine, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

And congratulations, Sato, your (somewhat ridiculous) post rate of 11.6 per day has finally paid off.

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

I use my computer screen for most of my gaming as I received it with that very purpose in mind. I am pretty sure that it, like most computer screens, is also an LCD. It's 27 inches, and I can spot those missile trails just fine, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

And congratulations, Sato, your (somewhat ridiculous) post rate of 11.6 per day has finally paid off.

Well, I play my PS2 games on a 32-inch HDTV, and then, I can't see missiles as well as in AC5/ACZ.

And thanks, Oka Nieba. However, my average in my early days are much higher (Reaching around 17.6 posts per day)

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
I have trouble shooting down the ballon jammer, i revisited AC04 from a 2-year break and completely forgot everything

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

I have trouble shooting down the ballon jammer, i revisited AC04 from a 2-year break and completely forgot everything

Use guns... Missiles won't target them because they are JAMMED.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts

Use guns... Missiles won't target them because they are JAMMED.

Well, if you want to challenge yourself, try shooting them all down with just missiles. It can be done if you know enough about your plane. Also, the radar is of some use. Since the balloons tend to blend in with the ground so well, the flashing dots will tell you where to look for the airships, if only on the horizontal. At the very least, you can know if the area you're searching has anything to be found.

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
There's so many blips on the jammed radar, the blimps is so small > <

Smatt92

Smatt92

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Plane:MiG-21bis Fishbed-L
Make good use of your eyes, they are yellow after all.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
Being that the jammer blimps are at varying altitudes, with some being quite close to mountainous terrain, I reccommend staying low, so you can see the blimps above you, against the sky.

Previous posters are correct. If you see a dot on your radar, there's a blimp there. If you get to where your plane (on the radar) is covering that dot and you don't see a blimp, look above and below you.

Good Luck.

Zhnigo

Zhnigo

Rookie

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Plane:Su-47 Firkin
Let me get this straight, S-ranking the game on ace gives you nothing? Nothing at all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users