Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 4 Help Topic

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
  • Squad:Aquila Wing/Yellow Squadron
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon
Due to the large number of PM's I've recieved recently regarding questions about AC4, it was decided to open up a help topic like the other AC game have. So if you have any game related questions that you would like answered, post them here.

Air Defense Fighter

Air Defense Fighter

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Squad:UPEO
  • Plane:XR-900 Geopelia
I've shot down all the AC04 aces, yet didn't get the SU-37 Yellow scheme! What did I do wrong?

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
Well, unless your game has a glitch there, which I doubt, you have not gotten them all. If you list the ones you have, we can tell you the one that's missing.

:P

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

Well, unless your game has a glitch there, which I doubt, you have not gotten them all. If you list the ones you have, we can tell you the one that's missing.

:P

Agreed. Ive been replaying AC4 and on the second time around in campaign I got all the aces then restarted the campaign again and the Yellow Su-37 was available for purchase. I just did then lastnight so it's very fresh in my memory. Remember though, you have to restart a campaign in order to purchase any aircraft.

Air Defense Fighter

Air Defense Fighter

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Wait... is it okay if you shoot down all the aces in free mission mode? I also haven't got the F-4E Biela yet. How do I get that? And that Biela count as one of the required aces?? Edit: @Yellow 13, I've got every ace except Biela and the EASA X-02.

Edited by Air Defense Fighter, 24 December 2009 - 12:23 AM.

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

Wait... is it okay if you shoot down all the aces in free mission mode? I also haven't got the F-4E Biela yet. How do I get that? And that Biela count as one of the required aces?? Edit: @Yellow 13, I've got every ace except Biela and the EASA X-02.

IIRC, you have to get the F-4E Biela. And the way you get that is to complete campaign on any difficulty level then restart a new campaign in SP Continue. This will unlock the F-4E. There is no X-02 Ace so that's not included in the aces.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
The X-02 (all three paint schemes), from my experience, are unlocked by obtaining S ranks on every mission in Hard, Expert, and Ace difficulties, each one corresponding to the individual paint schemes. If this sound confusing, let me put it this way:
All S on Normal = ISAF paint
All S on Hard = FEAF paint
All S on Expert = EASA paint.

Edited by Raptor 1, 26 December 2009 - 12:08 PM.

Air Defense Fighter

Air Defense Fighter

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Yeah, I've done everything you said to unlock F-4E Biela, GG. I still didn't acquire it!!

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

Yeah, I've done everything you said to unlock F-4E Biela, GG. I still didn't acquire it!!

THe only think I can tell you is to do another campaign and see what happens.

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

Wants an HD R-103 so bad.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Squad:None
  • Plane:E-767

The X-02 (all three paint schemes), from my experience, are unlocked by obtaining S ranks on every mission in Hard, Expert, and Ace difficulties, each one corresponding to the individual paint schemes. If this sound confusing, let me put it this way:
All S on Hard = ISAF paint
All S on Expert = FEAF paint
All S on Ace = EASA paint.

If I recall correctly, that's about right but each of those is down a difficulty level. So, Normal, Hard, and Expert respectively.

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Raptor 1 'Dragonheart'

Strong in the ways of the Raptor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
Oh yeah. I'll fix that. I just remembered ACE gives you nothing.

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

Oh yeah. I'll fix that. I just remembered ACE gives you nothing.

But what does this have to do with the original question?? He was asking about how th get the Yellow Su-37 paint scheme??

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
Hmm...hey, Air Defense Fighter, did you get straight S's on Hard Difficulty?

you have to get the F-4E Biela. And the way you get that is to complete campaign on any difficulty level then restart a new campaign in SP Continue.

I'm pretty sure when I first unlocked the SP scheme for F-4 it was getting straight S's on Hard level. If you haven't done that already, try that and then go to new campaign and see if it's there.

Aurélien

Aurélien

Noob

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hi guys, I'm a newbie and I'm a French, so I'm sorry if my English is bad.

I've a problem with the 16th mission "Whiskey Corridor" (Corridor Whiskey in French).

I've used SU-37A with UGBL, in hard and expert difficulty levels and, my rank, is always "A".

What I can do ? Use the X-02 with BDSP ? I don't manage this weapon.

Thanks a lot.

Sky Captain

Sky Captain

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Hi guys, I'm a newbie and I'm a French, so I'm sorry if my English is bad.

I've a problem with the 16th mission "Whiskey Corridor" (Corridor Whiskey in French).

I've used SU-37A with UGBL, in hard and expert difficulty levels and, my rank, is always "A".

What I can do ? Use the X-02 with BDSP ? I don't manage this weapon.

Thanks a lot.

A lot of it is making sure you don't waste a lot of time. You can get that S with any plane but some are obviously easier. Spoiler fly through the way I hit it-I like to use the F-15E. I start out with air to air missiles as secondary weapon and heading to the left to kill the 2 tanks that pop up there, then cut straight up the center. to smash the ground and air forces (the stealths that pop up are sometimes easier for me, to dispatch with guns) there. then over to the left side to wipe out the bunkers and stuff there. I don't waste a lot of time on the aircraft there but spit out my secondary air to air missiles at targets that present them in front of me. I also try to use guns whenever timely to take out bunkers, to save on missiles.
After that I cut straight down to the base line and climb to take out the juicy SR-71 (good points for that one) and then cut straight across to the right side, full afterburners, (Firing any missiles I have left at any wandering aircraft but don't stop to engage. At the right side of the screen I return to base. I switch to UGBs and then return to combat where I head straight up the right side. I'll toss a couple missiles at the enemy plane on station along the way but once again I wont stop to play with him. when I get to the tanks and such I use mostly missile on them saving the bombs for any stationary ground targets that are reasonably close together. cleaning out the two waves of ground threats and aircraft on the right I head to the upper center to take out the artillery there and then off to the upper left to level the last group of targets (Taking out the SAMs and flak on the first run) after that I hed south and follow the targets of opportunity as they present themselves.

The main thing is clean the areas quickly.

Edited by Sky Captain, 23 January 2010 - 10:33 AM.

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
Wow, seems everyone's having trouble with this mission recently. :lol:

Someone else recently had difficulty with the same mission, I'll tell you what I told them...

First off, unguided bombs (Large preferably but Medium is workable) is the best weapon of choice. With decent aim, plenty of targets are clustered enough to take out with bombs. Take a plane with high speed and decent mobility that can traverse the map quickly (F-2, F-15E and S-37 are good bets). Start with the east (shoot down the Tornado that intercepts you if you want, no need to though), take out that area, head not too far north to the NW corner to get howitzers and launchers (Again, shoot down Rafale along the way if you wish), take out the northern most area with HQ.

From there, head south. There's an initially invisible path of AA guns, tanks, and a helicopter going southwest, that starts in the far north and ends in the far west. If you're on Normal or higher and have decent dogfighting skills, keep your speed high, go far west, and eliminate the F-117. Then head south to the SW corner with pillboxes, tanks and Tornadoes flying around. Take out what you can until you run out of ammo, in which case head south to rearm, then you won't have to go far north to take out more targets.

You *should* have an S at this point, otherwise head to the center of the map to take out the tanks, AA guns and SAMs.

This (and the 2 consecutive parts afterward) will demonstrate what I said above:

That should help.

RisingSun

RisingSun

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts
How can I improve my machine gun skills? I can't keep the enemy plane in the reticle. Up until now, I've just been using missiles and bombs, but I need to use the machine gun. I've watched some videos on YouTube and I see that some people are able to use the machine gun to score lots of points. How do you keep the enemy plane in the reticle? And how do you keep from crashing when firing at ground targets?

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

How can I improve my machine gun skills? I can't keep the enemy plane in the reticle. Up until now, I've just been using missiles and bombs, but I need to use the machine gun. I've watched some videos on YouTube and I see that some people are able to use the machine gun to score lots of points. How do you keep the enemy plane in the reticle? And how do you keep from crashing when firing at ground targets?

Its not easy getting used to using guns...but once you get the hang of it they'll help you quite a bit.

Best advice I can offer is pay attention to how your bullets end up when firing: If they fall behind the enemy plane you're aiming at, lead your nose (pitch up more so the enemy you're firing at appears closer to the bottom of the screen) a little more. When you see the small explosions around the enemy and hear a chipping sound effect, you know you're hitting him. It usually takes 20 bullets or so to down a plane, but hold down X just incase when you're starting out.

As for hitting ground targets with it, most only take around 20 bullets or less. Bulkier ones (such as bunkers or batteries) will take a few more, but probably not more than 40 or so. Keep your speed low, but not stalling-speed low (if using Unit Type A from the options --> HUD Display, 200 is good for speed. Most ground targets wont move, so just aim right at it, fire 20-30 rounds then pull up. For tanks and mobile AA guns and SAMs (usually colored yellow on the radar in contrast to white), they'll move slightly, so aim your nose ahead slightly. Same procedure otherwise.

Hope this helps! :)

Timerlane

Timerlane

Overseer of Slag Determination

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Squad:Old Legacy-Series Grognard
  • Plane:MiG-31 Foxhound-A
Aircraft choice is also significant. I would probably advise against learning gunnery on the Su-37 and X-02, and possibly the S-37, until you're fairly well-grounded in gun usage, as they're a bit twitchy in roll rate(the Su- and S-37 are also a little lacking in rudder output, IMO).

With ground targets, try to avoid diving on them at steep angles, too. Inertia is much more 'present' than in any of the other PS2 AC games. Fly relatively low and slow when strafing.

I would also note that it's generally easier to be accurate with guns in either HUD or cockpit view, than in chase('third-person') view.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet
I can't sp. continue! The game is forcing me to do a campaign on expert mode (which I've already completed with all "S" ranks by the way), and it won't let me start a new campaign on another difficulty. I don't know if it's a glitch orit's just bad programing on Namco's part not allowing you to start a new campaign until you've finished the current one. Help would be very much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users