Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

who wins? FALKEN or FENRIR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

Poll: FALKEN vs FENRIR (78 member(s) have cast votes)

FAJKEN vs FENRIR

1. Falken (43 votes [55.13%])

Percentage of vote: 55.13%

2. Fenrir (35 votes [44.87%])

Percentage of vote: 44.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

=Delta=

=Delta=

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
Fenrir
Digital Optical Stealth.

High-Power Microwave.

Long Range Shock Wave Missile.

Electronic Countermeasure System.

FALKEN
Tactical Laser System.

Fuel-Air Explosive Bomb.

Honestly? Fenrir has it in the bag.

SkyGuardians

SkyGuardians

Incompetent Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
You can't aim at something you can't see. The LSWM would just need to get close to the Falken to assplode it.

Edited by SkyGuardians, 28 January 2012 - 04:18 PM.

Trent Kama

Trent Kama

ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
2009 called, they want their stupid comparison thread back.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
You can't fight what you can't see. Fenrir engages stealth, sneaks up behind the Falken and mauls it with its super powerful machine guns.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

Fenrir
Digital Optical Stealth.

Cannot be used indefinitely, can be shut down. You can still see it if you have good eyes. Will fade in and out of radar at random.

High-Power Microwave.

Doesn't do shit if you're flying fast enough. Not to mention that it can be disabled through destroying the microwave emitter in the field.

Long Range Shock Wave Missile.

Slow recharge, bad accuracy. Might as well be a dumb bomb without a piper.

Electronic Countermeasure System.

This fucks up the defense on the Fenrir, making a paper plane with a brick attached.

Not to mention the Fenrir have a really small payload.

FALKEN
Tactical Laser System.

One shot kill if you can line it up, almost instant recharge. BVR ability when equipped with the laser extender.

Fuel-Air Explosive Bomb.[u]

Well, you can carry more than two and it doesn't have a slow ass loading time.

FALKEN is also more maneuverable and carries more.

Edited by Gracidia, 28 January 2012 - 08:19 PM.

SkyGuardians

SkyGuardians

Incompetent Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Slow recharge, bad accuracy. Might as well be a dumb bomb without a piper.

Objection.

If it gets anywhere within a kilometer of the Falken, I'm pretty sure the Falken's dead, unless it can roast the missile with it's lazor halfway. TLS BVR capability is useless unless the target is sufficiently large, like the Nevera Jammers. And I'm pretty sure a green box doesn't appear until after the target is in visual range, right?

Also. The LSWM will explode when fired at water or land, correct? Therefore, if the Fenrir is forced into a low-altitude close-in dogfight, it can simply fire one at the ground to down the Falken (that is, of course, you follow that the Fenrir does NOT take damage from the blastPosted Image).

Garuda168

Garuda168

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
both are pretty good; they both have the COFFIN system, which is a huge advancement in technology,

well, LSWMs are for noobs with no skill, it may miss sometimes, which is a waste.
TLS's on the other hand, in the inventory of an expert, may kill 3 or more bogeys in a single charge. (I've killed 4-5 before in a single charge)
I would have to go with falken, as it has forward swept wings (more agile) and it has a laser

the fenrir? --ehh, i prefer the falken; it just works for me...

idk, it really depends on the people driving the plane; for me, falken works.

we should really settle this in an online battle; FENRIR vs FALKEN!!!

thats going to be chaotic though...(lasers and nukes going off everywhere)

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

Objection.

If it gets anywhere within a kilometer of the Falken, I'm pretty sure the Falken's dead, unless it can roast the missile with it's lazor halfway. TLS BVR capability is useless unless the target is sufficiently large, like the Nevera Jammers. And I'm pretty sure a green box doesn't appear until after the target is in visual range, right?

Also. The LSWM will explode when fired at water or land, correct? Therefore, if the Fenrir is forced into a low-altitude close-in dogfight, it can simply fire one at the ground to down the Falken (that is, of course, you follow that the Fenrir does NOT take damage from the blastPosted Image).

BVR pretty much means you can see them on your radar and lock on to them before they can do it to you. As for the blast range. One, it doesn't blow up in vincinity of the target, it has to make solid contact with them. Two, it has a low blast celling, it may very well destroy a base with one shot, but if you pull up, it'll do jack.

Katamariguy

Katamariguy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
All I have to say is that they're both pretty ugly.