Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

who wins? FALKEN or FENRIR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

Poll: FALKEN vs FENRIR (78 member(s) have cast votes)

FAJKEN vs FENRIR

1. Falken (43 votes [55.13%])

Percentage of vote: 55.13%

2. Fenrir (35 votes [44.87%])

Percentage of vote: 44.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Fujiyama

Fujiyama

Rookie

• Members
  • 38 posts
I'd love to say Fenrir but...

ADF-01 Falken
Can be "tuned" to get maximum performance
Can be equipped with the TLS or XLAA for air-to-air combat

Fenrir
Can be equipped with LSWM or XMAA for air-to-air combat
Has the most powerful cannon in ACX
Is the fastest aircraft in ACX
Has small standard missile load

The LSWM is without doubt the most powerfull player weapon in ACX but for air-to-air combat is pretty useless against fast, highly-manoeuvrable fighters.
The XLAA outperforms the XMAA for range, not sure about manoeuvrability.
The TLS is exceptional in air-to-air combat, no delay in firing and good range.

Would also depend HEAVILY on the pilot.
As it stands, I'd have to say the Falken might just have the edge but it would be VERY close.
...if Fenrir had the HPM and DOS though, it'd be a totally different story!

Edited by Fujiyama, 22 February 2010 - 06:21 PM.

Fujiyama

Fujiyama

Rookie

• Members
  • 38 posts

falken, cuz of my tweaking to it, it now has all stats max <_<

How did you do this?
What parts did you use?
I have tried all combinations of the parts but can't get all the stats to max.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,904 posts
Actually, I've been doing some tests, and there is no "max", the stats can go beyond the bar. Try running a MiG-31 vs Fenrir vs X-02 with every possible speed increasing part, even if it goes beyond the bar. Or putting Cariburn's/X-02 manouverability to the "max" in one, and go beyond it on the other. The differences are noticeable.

Fujiyama

Fujiyama

Rookie

• Members
  • 38 posts

Actually, I've been doing some tests, and there is no "max", the stats can go beyond the bar. Try running a MiG-31 vs Fenrir vs X-02 with every possible speed increasing part, even if it goes beyond the bar. Or putting Cariburn's/X-02 manouverability to the "max" in one, and go beyond it on the other. The differences are noticeable.

But saying "Max" implies that the bars are full at least. I cannot get this to happen with any combination of parts with the Falken.
I know that even though both the Falken and Fenrir can have "Max" for speed, for example, Fenrir is still the faster aircraft.

Concept X

Concept X

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
Let me put it this way: The game designers put the FALKEN in at least 5 games. They put the Fenrir in count 'em 1 even Project ACes agrees: FALKEN IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redout

Redout

hi im 12 and what is this i dont even

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
I'm gonna have to go with FALKEN. 19 TLS > 2 LSWM.

flightace

flightace

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts
I don't quite have Fenrir yet, but I owned Fenrir using the Falken and only REGULAR MISSILES!!!
Sorry Fenrir fans, Falken is the best.

AceWombat

AceWombat

Wah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
I vote for the Falken, since it has a laser. The LSWM is cool too, but the Fenrir only has 2 of them.

AnnaManga

AnnaManga

Remilia Scarlet controls fate, What does Edward do?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts
now im no expert on ACX (dont own it) but uhh, doesnt the fenrir have some sort of orbital laser thanga ma whatsit? if it does, i vote for it, orbital lasers lock on, the falkens lazer is a precise aiming thing

Concept X

Concept X

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

now im no expert on ACX (dont own it) but uhh, doesnt the fenrir have some sort of orbital laser thanga ma whatsit? if it does, i vote for it, orbital lasers lock on, the falkens lazer is a precise aiming thing

no,it does not have an OLS

Concept X

Concept X

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

it's kinda like the morgan's MPBM on steroids

AceWombat

AceWombat

Wah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

It doesn't have an OSL, but rather an 'LSWM' (Long Range Shockwave Missile?) which is pretty much a tactical nuke. The problem is that you only get 2, and there is a long recharge time.

VitaminCakes

VitaminCakes

Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

It doesn't have an OSL, but rather an 'LSWM' (Long Range Shockwave Missile?) which is pretty much a tactical nuke. The problem is that you only get 2, and there is a long recharge time.

The Falken has faster reload time for it's TLS and contains more missile pay-load. Although the true potential of the Fenrir was yet to be unveiled in Archelon fortress, however Gryphus 1 intervened destroying the prototype in the process. It's full potential included having Optical Camouflage (cloaking device), HPM (unrelenting ball of radiation that follows a plane until it explodes from the inside because of fuel combustion.) and the LSWM (I smaller version of an SWBM, it's size however forced the blast radius to be very limited only lasting thousands of feet, It was used by the aurelian version). Most of it's capabilities are still unknown although the Optical Camouflage and the HPM are operated through external Structures. I hope this helps ^_^ !

Alect

Alect

Noob

• Members
  • 5 posts
Falken for mostly air to air missions, Fenrir for missions that involve destroying bases.

Using LSWMs means you have to have good aim and get the enemies together with only one second chance to get it right... but if you DO get it right the the mission gets a lot shorter and the missiles you have left can be put to better use. Plus the Fenrir is a very good plane even without customisable stats.

TLS, a bigger ammo bay and interchangeable parts for the Falken, though... I can't decide!

Edited by Alect, 13 July 2010 - 06:54 PM.

SR-71A Blackbird

SR-71A Blackbird

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Falken positives:

Falken gets more regular missiles then the Fenrir in any difficulty (not sure about multiplayer) Falken gets 92 on Easy and Fenrir gets 75 on Easy, Falken gets 84 on Normal, Hard and Ace and Fenrir gets 50 on Normal, Hard and Ace

Falken's TLS is harder to avoid (it's a non-delay weapon); and to avoid the Fenrir's LSWM, you just go in circles (vertically or horizontally)

Falken can be tuned

Falken can be tuned to 'Max' Speed, Mobility and Defence with low Stability, as Stability is relatively useless (ask me why if you need to)

Falken has more TLS's (19 TLS's) than the Fenrir has LSWM's (2 LSWM's)

Fenrir positives:

Fenrir has a better (faster, therefore, perceivably, more powerful) Machine Gun(s)

Fenrir is harder to unlock, and is harder to unlock all Paints for

Fenrir is faster

Based on the greater amount of positives, I believe that the Falken is better, although I use the Fenrir in Air-to-Surface missions (Armada etc.)

Now for a useless fact: the Fenrir is classified as a Multirole, whereas the description reads: 'An advanced fighter developed using tactical battle data gathered on the Gleipnir'

Edited by SR-71A Blackbird, 15 December 2010 - 03:56 AM.

mintyace

mintyace

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

topic, not really anything else to say. I'm biased towards the FALKEN though

Falken every time-no ifs-no buts.
Although I normally play using the X-02-pisses the fenrir every single time. :rolleyes:

SR-71A Blackbird

SR-71A Blackbird

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Fenrir can of course launch an LSWM at the ground, effectively killing any planes in hot pursuit, kind of nooby though (not something I would do in Multiplayer)

TK 421

TK 421

U Mad, bro?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
I use

FALRIR-22= Frontline Advanced muLtiRole fIghteR type -22

KInG_Bob

KInG_Bob

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Let's see, firstly we should look at the choices, the plane that looks like a pancake or the plane that looks like thigh's with wings slapped on... No contest, the pancake wins. Mmmm... Pancakes...

The fenrir looks like it could at least fly. What's wrong with the falken is that it's upside-down and inside-out, that's what is wrong with it.

And fenrir has better color schemes. Woop for number 4.

RAZOR 01

RAZOR 01

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts
well ive used every version of the falken exept the one in x, but ive killed everything on any difficulty with it, so in my opinion FALKEN WINS :lol: