Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who would've won the Circum-Pacific War?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

Poll: So who would win? (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Osea or Yuktobania?

1. Osea (48 votes [41.74%])

Percentage of vote: 41.74%

2. Yuktobania (40 votes [34.78%])

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

3. No one (8 votes [6.96%])

Percentage of vote: 6.96%

4. Voted Other - Please Specify (19 votes [16.52%])

Percentage of vote: 16.52%

Vote

absender

absender

Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

But it was a "WHAT IF" question so it could have been the same person, but then again, not... My point being is, you can pose the ""What if" questions all day, but in the end, it didn't happen so don't bother. :P

Now that seems completely logical.. Yeah the Cipher/Cypher difference is in the spelling, but one could be the Osean spelling and the other could be the same but Yuktobanian spelling... Basically the arguement could be they are the same because the spelling could have been different in the translation.

Edited by absender, 12 June 2009 - 12:43 PM.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

But "WHAT IF" the Yukes would have hired him.. Hmmmmm Looks at the Ace pilot name in Fortress mission. :P

Hmm...

It's obviously not the same guy, but if it was... Yuktobania would tear Osea apart.

Purple Flower 1

Purple Flower 1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Hmm...

It's obviously not the same guy, but if it was... Yuktobania would tear Osea apart.

No they would not tear them apart they would destroy Osea

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

No they would not tear them apart they would destroy Osea

that's basically the same thing...

darkace177

darkace177

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I only pick yuktobania because of the fact that even without the two mega-subs, the yuktobanian navy is still impossibly strong and their air force comprises of ALOT of veterans. Osea woudn't stand a chance Ginnet even says so in a cutscene and I quote "They (Razgriz) have become the center of the army's power now as long as they are there they will win." end quote.

DerKrieger

DerKrieger

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
Osea. They've got the better trained troops, presumably more flexible battle doctrine, and better weapons.

absender

absender

Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

But it was a "WHAT IF" question so it could have been the same person, but then again, not... My point being is, you can pose the ""What if" questions all day, but in the end, it didn't happen so don't bother. :lol:

But what if Cipher hooked up with a women by the name of Nagase. Cipher left her to go fight in another war and she raised a young Nagase named Kei, who became a whiny pacifist fighter pilot with the Wardog Squadron, then eventually with the Legendary Razgriz. I'm just saying!!! :lol:

gravemind

gravemind

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
i would say that the attack on port hewitt was a modern pearl harbor, which did in a sense deal a huge blow to the Osean Navy. Plus even with out the burst missles nearly finishing off the fleet, the yukes still had long range anti-ship cruise missles which with out Razgriz stopping the F35s launching them, would have done the job

the yukes also adopted terrorist tactics which would just pick away at public moral as well as being able to sneak an entire squadron to November City. Also with out Razgriz the Yuktobanian assault on sand island would have probably worked and given them a major foot hold

another thing is that the yukes managed to sneak an entire armored division into an osean airport

However one of the most navy assests of the yukes, is their submarines (not the super ones), these seem the represent the much feared german navy's U-boat fleet, infamously dubbed the wolf pack during WW2. Although Osea's technology seems more then good enough to counter this. an example would be the sonar bouys dropped by blue dog.

Osea however has a massive navy and basically a better equiped and trained air force. Also it seems that osea has a wide arsenal of technology for use during war time.

overall-

technology: Osea

tactics: yuktobania

army: yuktobania

air force: Osea

military forts and entrenchments: yuktobania

navy: Osea

the winner: Yuktobania

Edited by gravemind, 22 June 2009 - 11:35 PM.

Solaris-1

Solaris-1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

i would say that the attack on port hewitt was a modern pearl harbor, which did in a sense deal a huge blow to the Osean Navy. Plus even with out the burst missles nearly finishing off the fleet, the yukes still had long range anti-ship cruise missles which with out Razgriz stopping the F35s launching them, would have done the job

the yukes also adopted terrorist tactics which would just pick away at public moral as well as being able to sneak an entire squadron to November City. Also with out Razgriz the Yuktobanian assault on sand island would have probably worked and given them a major foot hold

another thing is that the yukes managed to sneak an entire armored division into an osean airport

However one of the most navy assests of the yukes, is their submarines (not the super ones), these seem the represent the much feared german navy's U-boat fleet, infamously dubbed the wolf pack during WW2. Although Osea's technology seems more then good enough to counter this. an example would be the sonar bouys dropped by blue dog.

Osea however has a massive navy and basically a better equiped and trained air force. Also it seems that osea has a wide arsenal of technology for use during war time.

overall-

Without Wardog, I don't see how Osea has a better air force.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Without Wardog, I don't see how Osea has a better air force.

That is true, just think what would've happened if Wardog wasn't there to protect Sand Island when Yuke landing forces were coming.

I've been wondering, How come the Yukes were able to sneak a squadron right to November City deep in Osean territory, but the Oseans couldn't sneak a squadron to Cinigrad or some other location?

Razgriz Ace

Razgriz Ace

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Well, Yuktobiania has experienced pilots, but on mission 26, youre fighting both yuke and osean pilots, both are a pain, but Oseans were kinda harder to shot down(IMO), plus Osea as a better navy consisting of 3 main aircraft carrier, Buzzard, Kestrel and Vulture, while the Yukes have only frigates and hoovercrafts, anyway, Oseans have better technology that is way better than Yukes', and their infantry is better trained, more flexible and better equiped than Yuktobanian's.

I'll vote Osea. IMHO

Mr. Ace

Solaris-1

Solaris-1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Well, Yuktobiania has experienced pilots, but on mission 26, youre fighting both yuke and osean pilots, both are a pain, but Oseans were kinda harder to shot down(IMO), plus Osea as a better navy consisting of 3 main aircraft carrier, Buzzard, Kestrel and Vulture, while the Yukes have only frigates and hoovercrafts, anyway, Oseans have better technology that is way better than Yukes', and their infantry is better trained, more flexible and better equiped than Yuktobanian's.

I'll vote Osea. IMHO

Mr. Ace

3 aircraft carriers with so few aircraft isn't the best way to wage a war.......

Yukes have several aces (10-11 or so) and veteran squadrons.

Oseans have 2 aces (Swordsman, Decoder) and unheard of squadrons.

The superior numbers would have rendered the flexible and better equipped Oseans worthless. Modern warfare has relied on attrition ever since 1914.

Razgriz Ace

Razgriz Ace

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

3 aircraft carriers with so few aircraft isn't the best way to wage a war.......

Yukes have several aces (10-11 or so) and veteran squadrons.

Oseans have 2 aces (Swordsman, Decoder) and unheard of squadrons.

The superior numbers would have rendered the flexible and better equipped Oseans worthless. Modern warfare has relied on attrition ever since 1914.

Well,you see 11-10 Yuke aces, cuz we're waging war against Yuktobania, so you only notice those aces you are fighting against, but again its only MY opinion ^^

Mr. Ace

AceWombat

AceWombat

Wah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
Yuktobania, or a stalemate. Why? Like with all AC games (with the possible exception of AC6), your country's military is almost always asking you to save their arses (refer to AC5's Cruik fortress mission). Also, when there is a large air battle of some kind (refer to ACZs' 'Mayhem' level), your allies are often nowhere to be seen. In short, you are always outnumbered (and in some cases outmaneuvered and outgunned).

However, it makes perfect sense to dumb down the allied AI so that they don't 'steal your kills', if you know what I mean by that.

Edited by AceWombat, 02 July 2009 - 09:41 PM.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

...plus Osea as a better navy consisting of 3 main aircraft carrier, Buzzard, Kestrel and Vulture, while the Yukes have only frigates and hoovercrafts

I just want to point this out: The Kestrel could've been sunk in Port St. Hewlett if Wardog didn't show up. And the Buzzard and Vulture could've also been sunk when they were trying to pass through Eglin Straits.

The Yukes have a battleship, Cruisers, Destroyers, Aegis, carrier (Admiral Tsanev), and subs.

In my point of view, the Yukes could've decimated the Osean fleets. If the Kestrel, Vulture, and Buzzard were sunk in the early stages of the war, the Osean Navy will only have the Aircraft Carrier Barbet along with the Chivalry, Halcyon, Iolite, and two other ships in their fleet to fight the Yuke fleet in "Sea of Chaos".

[Off topic] btw: I noticed that the Aircraft Carriers in the Osean Navy are names for birds (Kestrel, Vulture, Buzzard, and Barbet). And the Osean Ship Halcyon is also a name for a bird.[/Off topic]

Edited by Estovakian, 02 July 2009 - 11:50 PM.

Solaris-1

Solaris-1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
off topic: The Yuke carrier Admiral Tsanev is perhaps a reference to Russia's aircraft carrier (I think only) Admiral Kutuzov.

X-02

X-02

Rookie

• Members
  • 40 posts
3 reasons why osea:
1.osea has many superweapons or aircrafts/aces that can they use
2.osea is a big continent and many allies
3.osea can restore peace in a year.

3 reasons why yuktobania:
1.yukes has V2 that can they use
2.yukes have the powerful naval fleet that can deploy anywhere in the battlefield
3.yukes and belkans are allies.

can you get the point?

osea and yuktobania can be allies again because of their presidents that restores peace ariund the world..

X-02

X-02

Rookie

• Members
  • 40 posts

overall-

i cannot get it,sorry.

Razgriz Ace

Razgriz Ace

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

I just want to point this out: The Kestrel could've been sunk in Port St. Hewlett if Wardog didn't show up. And the Buzzard and Vulture could've also been sunk when they were trying to pass through Eglin Straits.

The Yukes have a battleship, Cruisers, Destroyers, Aegis, carrier (Admiral Tsanev), and subs.

In my point of view, the Yukes could've decimated the Osean fleets. If the Kestrel, Vulture, and Buzzard were sunk in the early stages of the war, the Osean Navy will only have the Aircraft Carrier Barbet along with the Chivalry, Halcyon, Iolite, and two other ships in their fleet to fight the Yuke fleet in "Sea of Chaos".

Wow, you really got a point there, Touché! haha, well I dont know how to counter attack your arguments at this point, but I just wanna point out that the Yukes attacked at Eglin Straits (thats Rendezvouz right?) because they had Scinfaxi, and at the beggining of the thread they said no wardog, no supersubs, etc.

So taking the Scinfaxi outta the equation, if the Yukes would have showed of in that mission that would be an easy win for Osea, there were several Osean squadrons looking after the Kestrel, Vulture and Buzzard apart from you, remember?

Now about the argument Solaris exposed in on one of his posts:

Its pretty valid, even tho its only for the Kestrel, that was the only carrier that was short on pilots, theres no line on any cutscene or inflight chatter that says Buzzard or Vulture was short on birds.

Mr. Ace

Edited by Razgriz Ace, 03 July 2009 - 08:43 AM.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Wow, you really got a point there, Touché! haha, well I dont know how to counter attack your arguments at this point, but I just wanna point out that the Yukes attacked at Eglin Straits (thats Rendezvouz right?) because they had Scinfaxi, and at the beggining of the thread they said no wardog, no supersubs, etc.

So taking the Scinfaxi outta the equation, if the Yukes would have showed of in that mission that would be an easy win for Osea, there were several Osean squadrons looking after the Kestrel, Vulture and Buzzard apart from you, remember?

Wait, did they launch the planes from the Scinfaxi? Or was the Scinfaxi there as a back-up?

Now about the argument Solaris exposed in on one of his posts:

Its pretty valid, even tho its only for the Kestrel, that was the only carrier that was short on pilots, theres no line on any cutscene or inflight chatter that says Buzzard or Vulture was short on birds.

Mr. Ace

That is true. But they could've been wiped out any other day because of their noobishness.