Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who would've won the Circum-Pacific War?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

Poll: So who would win? (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Osea or Yuktobania?

1. Osea (48 votes [41.74%])

Percentage of vote: 41.74%

2. Yuktobania (40 votes [34.78%])

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

3. No one (8 votes [6.96%])

Percentage of vote: 6.96%

4. Voted Other - Please Specify (19 votes [16.52%])

Percentage of vote: 16.52%

Vote

Guest_Adamant_*

Guest_Adamant_*
  • Guests
I think if anything, a white peace would have been called down the lines. Simply put, the loss of life might have been catastrophic for both sides, so a stalemate is what I can logically see happening.

However, on Osea's defense, they had more advanced technology (from what I gather), and the ability of them to win a battle is what helped them advance as far as they did in the operations -not- involving the Razgriz.

In reverse, though, Yuktobania had numbers, and the element of surprise. The only reason they were counter-attacked is because of the Wardog Squadron defending Osea's Sand Island base. Plus, the Grabacr and Ofnir Squadron's were in the air, which pretty much established their aerial superiority over Osea.

Edited by Adamant, 09 May 2009 - 07:37 PM.

f15_eagle

f15_eagle

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

yuks cause they had the belkan aces ofnir n grabarc training and all that.

Ah... Ofnir trained the Yukes and Grabacr (aka the 8492 Squadron) trained the Oseans... Where have you been??

YF-23 Black Widow II

YF-23 Black Widow II

Back 4 ACJA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Okay, OSEA will win, because I say so

Skyfox_01

Skyfox_01

Rookie

• Banned
  • 17 posts
Osea would win because they pretty much got to Stalingrad which would've ended the war. But if the Razgriz didn't exist its to hard to tell.

Solaris-1

Solaris-1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Okay,

I think Yuktobania would win in the end, although they would be hammered hard by Osea.

Osea's initial attack by the three carriers and the other named ships (see mis 26) and their ground forces would have gained an early advantage, by taking over the Bastok peninsula.

Unfortunately, this is where it ends, without the Wardog squadron, the Yuktobanians clearly have air and ground superiority, given their bases at Pobeda, Sonza, Duga, and then the Ofnir squadron. The Oseans aren't helped when they have to spread out thinly to attack those three bases. By the time they get to Jilachi Desert, they would've been screwed, especially with no real fighter support (no wd), and if they survived, they would have been defeated at Cruik Fortress.

Then, the Yuke air units will probably bust out the Osean navy and shoot down Swordsman (before he joined WD) and retake the Bastok peninsula.

Edited by Solaris-1, 21 May 2009 - 01:18 AM.

Poker Pop

Poker Pop

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I would say Yuktobania, because they had the element of surprise, so they could advance at least to the Osean main land.

Purple Flower 1

Purple Flower 1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
i would say... Yuktobania because they had the element of surprise and in mission 4 there were no other planes in the sky except Wardog and if they were not there the yukes would have taken Sand Island and then Osea

absender

absender

Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

i would say... Yuktobania because they had the element of surprise and in mission 4 there were no other planes in the sky except Wardog and if they were not there the yukes would have taken Sand Island and then Osea

The only problem with them attacking Sand Island is unless they had long range tanker support it would be pretty much impossible. It would have been better of the B-1Bs would have fighter support from carrier based planes. Atleast in the Frontline mission, ALL the fighters are carrier based.

Same with Narrow Margin, the only planes used that were carrier based were the A-6Es and the F-14D Zipang, the rest were land based and F-5Es, F-4Es, and MIR-2000.

Galm118

Galm118

That guy

• Members
  • 5,952 posts

Unfortunately, this is where it ends, without the Wardog squadron, the Yuktobanians clearly have air and ground superiority, given their bases at Pobeda, Sonza, Duga, and then the Ofnir squadron.

Ah but what if Cipher were to have been paid by the Oseans to join forces with them? After all Cipher shot down both Grabacr and Ofnir in The Round Table. :P

Edited by Mobius8492, 26 May 2009 - 09:02 AM.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Ah but what if Cipher were to have been paid by the Oseans to join forces with them? After all Cipher shot down both Grabacr and Ofnir in The Round Table. B)

Yes, but he also disappeared. I don't think anyone found him neither, he probably retired.

But... what if Cipher was hired to fight for the Oseans?

Poker Pop

Poker Pop

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Then the Oseans had an 35 to 55 years old ace(don't know the age of Cipher).
If he is 35 to 40 years old in 2010 ,then he can maybe change the winner of war and Osea would win, but that's another story...

Kovie

Kovie

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts
dunno how the war would have ended...probably a stalemate. the yukes were using a blitzkreig type attack, they would have struk hard and deep into osea (like the eruseans in AC 04). But ultimately, as both countries are large, neither army would have the resources to hold too much territory. a tie just like the Belkans wanted.

END OF WAR STATS:
PEOPLE's OPINION ON VICTORY: NONE
TERRITORIAL VICTORY: YUKTIBANIA
POLITICAL VICTORY: OSEA

Yutibania has no reason to invade osea, just a waste of resources along with more land to defend (which is one of the same reasons the cold war in AC and here never turned hot).

Solaris-1

Solaris-1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Yes, but he also disappeared. I don't think anyone found him neither, he probably retired.

What the hell has Cipher got to do with the debate. We're only basing our arguments using only evidence from Ace Combat 5

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

What the hell has Cipher got to do with the debate. We're only basing our arguments using only evidence from Ace Combat 5

He's inferring that Cipher is Blaze...

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Well forgive me for asking. Sheesh. ;)

He's inferring that Cipher is Blaze...

No I am not, I would never say that.

What I am saying is that Cipher's a mercenary, so what if the Oseans hired him to fight for them?

Edited by General Frostbite 249, 12 June 2009 - 07:57 AM.

absender

absender

Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Well forgive me for asking. Sheesh. ;)

No I am not, I would never say that.

What I am saying is that Cipher's a mercenary, so what if the Oseans hired him to fight for them?

The Oseans didn't hire Mercs... Didn't need to.

And who says Cipher would have been for hire.. Since he made a Killing during the Belkan War, he could have retired.

Edited by absender, 12 June 2009 - 08:39 AM.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

The Oseans didn't hire Mercs... Didn't need to.

And who says Cipher would have been for hire.. Since he made a Killing during the Belkan War, he could have retired.

I know, I know. It was a "what if" question.

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

I know, I know. It was a "what if" question.

But "WHAT IF" the Yukes would have hired him.. Hmmmmm Looks at the Ace pilot name in Fortress mission. :rolleyes:

Purple Flower 1

Purple Flower 1

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Yeah,the ace in the fortress mission does say Cypher,but isnt it spelt with an i,not a y

Edited by Purple Flower 1, 12 June 2009 - 12:32 PM.

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

Yeah,the ace in the fortress mission does say Cypher,but that could also be someone else with the same name.

But it was a "WHAT IF" question so it could have been the same person, but then again, not... My point being is, you can pose the ""What if" questions all day, but in the end, it didn't happen so don't bother. :P