Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who would've won the Circum-Pacific War?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

Poll: So who would win? (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Osea or Yuktobania?

1. Osea (48 votes [41.74%])

Percentage of vote: 41.74%

2. Yuktobania (40 votes [34.78%])

Percentage of vote: 34.78%

3. No one (8 votes [6.96%])

Percentage of vote: 6.96%

4. Voted Other - Please Specify (19 votes [16.52%])

Percentage of vote: 16.52%

Vote

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
I just thought of this and I would like to know what y'all think.

If Osea and Yuktobania did go to war, who would win?

But, the Razgriz or any superweapon didn't exist and the Arkbird was never modified to fire lasers. And please don't say "Osea will win because Osea is cool" If you can, try to state a valid reason. (which is any but not close to what I said that I asked you not to say)

I think that it might be a stalemate. Osea probably have very advanced technology but Yuktobania has its soldiers' determination and willingness to win.

Edited by Estovakian, 04 July 2009 - 12:36 AM.

USAF-above-all

USAF-above-all

Rookie

• Members
  • 33 posts
Personally, I think that Osea probably would have won. Negating all the superweapons, it seems like they have a much larger military than Yuktobania. Though the Razgriz definitley was key in helping Osea advance as far as they did, most of that credit could go to ground forces. After all, they were the ones who physically pused that far into Yuktobania. The Razgriz was only their air cover.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,843 posts
Since the whole damn war was and manipulated by the Belkans, I doubt either side could've won. Osea's invasion of Yuktobania is equivelant to America's invasion of Canada during the war of 1812; There's just no way they could've even dreamed of holding an area that vast, especially with a military that apparently has gone through a series of budget cuts.

Timerlane

Timerlane

Overseer of Slag Determination

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
The Yukes are the only ones we've seen with Plot-Seeking Missiles®, capable of shooting down main story characters(Bartlett(M2) and Nagase(M14)). Don't know that the OADF can compete with that.

The Oseans couldn't break through or bypass the fortresses guarding the coastline(Lit Fuse) or the capital(Fortress) without extremely coordinated air support, and the Osean Air Force as a whole doesn't seem that great.

(Seriously, pilots who were trainees at the beginning of the war(Wardog) "had become the most experienced pilots in the entire war", according to the M6 cutscene. I don't believe the Yukes ever went on the offensive with either sub against the Osean mainland(i.e. any other airbases besides Sand Island), so either all the veteran OADF pilots had resigned and rejoined in the OMDF(and were thus stationed on the Buzzard and Vuture when they were sunk), or the OADF was apparently made up entirely of nuggets who were incapable of pulling back on their control sticks and engaging their afterburners to climb above 5000 feet when commanded, or of performing in-flight refueling. <_< )

Furthermore, ACZ showed us that the Yukes really didn't do anything during the Belkan War, except 'give' a few pilots to AWWNB. This explains why they could afford to put up such formidable coastal defenses and giant fortresses(and make giant submarines). The Gray Men were apparently in denial about being crushed by a handful of 'mere' mercenaries from Ustio, and must have deluded themselves into attributing Galm's successes to the Yukes. :(

If the Belkans started it all, as in AC5, the Gray Men would be a wild card, though. They'd have to step in to balance the scales in either case, to ensure the mutual destruction of both countries.

*"Plot-Seeking Missile"® is a not-really registered trademark of the Union of Timerlanian Republics, the Strangerealworld's leading producer of fiat-based weaponry. Void where prohibited, restrictions may apply.

Taskforce17

Taskforce17

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts
Seeing as how Osea is basically the United states and Yuktobania is the USSR I'd say that alone would answer your question, but since you wanted a direct answer I'd have to agree with some of the previous statements above. If the Belkan loyalist were still beind the war than most likely neither side would have won and simply exhausted themselves. The Osean's would likely never have made it to the Cinigrad and given the fact there would be no wardog aces its most likely there would have been no one to stop the Yuke invasion of Osea. Being that Yuktobania struck first I'd say the war would have taken a considerably different turn if there'd been nothing but Nuggets flying for the OADF. But in the end no one can really predict how any war is really going to unfold. Anything could happen at any point regardless of skillful planning and force.

GARUDA ZERO123

GARUDA ZERO123

Skatin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
Of course most people chose Osea because they always want the good side to win.

Angel_of_Death

Angel_of_Death

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Osea, there fleets are bigger. There ground forces are more experienced and better equipped. Even without Wardog Squadron they would have still landed and secured the beach.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Of course most people chose Osea because they always want the good side to win.

It's not just that, Osea was pretty close to winning the war. The Belkans came in at the last moment to prevent that from happening.

If it weren't for them, Osea would've won, no doubt about it.

Plus, there wasn't really a "good" or "bad" side to that part of the war. The Belkans, who came in later were pretty evil though.

Edited by General Frostbite 249, 08 May 2009 - 11:02 AM.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,843 posts

Seeing as how Osea is basically the United states and Yuktobania is the USSR I'd say that alone would answer your question,

AMERICA, FRAK YEAH!

mattig89ch

mattig89ch

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
I'm thinking the yukes would have won. if only because they had been gearing up for the war longer then Osea had been

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

I'm thinking the yukes would have won. if only because they had been gearing up for the war longer then Osea had been

But the Oseans were already close to invading the Yuktobanian capitol, and even the Belkans knew they were possibly gonna win, that's why they interfered.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
Well, if Wardog and the Arkbird weren't "there" during the Sand island Invasion, wouldn't the Yukes be able to take it over? Then use it as a frontline base for the mainland invasion.

Boreas249

Boreas249

The Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Well, if Wardog and the Arkbird weren't "there" during the Sand island Invasion, wouldn't the Yukes be able to take it over? Then use it as a frontline base for the mainland invasion.

Ah, I hadn't fully read the description.

Maybe the Yukes would've won, because without Wardog, the Oseans seemed to have a hard time holding their own against the Yuktobanians. That's a maybe, though, no guarantees.

The Protector

The Protector

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
I think a stalemate would have probably happened, or the armies would have signed a treaty. Osea was closest to victory though, because of their push into Yuktobania.

GARUDA ZERO123

GARUDA ZERO123

Skatin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

I think a stalemate would have probably happened, or the armies would have signed a treaty. Osea was closest to victory though, because of their push into Yuktobania.

Because of the Wardog squadron. This is asking who would've won without the wardog squadron.

YF-23 Black Widow II

YF-23 Black Widow II

Back 4 ACJA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Simple, the answer is: I DON'T KNOW

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
with out any super wepons the oseans would still have the buzzard and vultar kestral and barbet so I would go with osea. osea was also seeming close to winning the war

Sky Master

Sky Master

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Like most people here said the Belkans were controling the war, but I think that Yuktobania would have won the war because the Oseans were relying so much on the Wardog squadron and if it weren`t for them ( actually if it weren`t for YOU) they could not win regardless of the Arkbird.If you were not there during the launch of the SSTO Arkbird wouldn`t get and it would be pretty useless.Then again if Scinfaxi and Hrimfaxi did not exist Buzzard and the Vulture probably would not have ben sunk and they would be a valuable asset to the Osean army.It`s kind of hard to say, but I think the Yukes would prevail.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
The Oseans would have won the Circum-Pacific war because the game designers said so...

BIG DADDY BERS

BIG DADDY BERS

DRAGONS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts
yuks cause they had the belkan aces ofnir n grabarc training and all that.